Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im (right now) on hold with Tesla Motors - General Line for over one hour and half... I will update you guys soon with what they say.
My father in law got his on time for the incentive
I emailed Michelle because Im proceeding with the order I asked her if she wants to come with me to pick up the car and maybe make some questions there... (Im going on Wednesday July18)

For those that have an order and waiting to see what happens I suggest you send this email that another consumer drafted earlier on this forum (page 106), and kindly provided all the MP email addresses. I have included the draft letter below and the email addresses for your convenience, so please make your voice heard by sending this email as well as writing to your local MP.

Dear MPP

Recently Premier Ford announced the cancellation of cap-and-trade, along with the green initiatives tied to it. Although I believe in climate change I understand that there are many ways to tackle this problem and Ontario’s Cap and Trade solution may not be the best of them. As such, my email today is not in protest to the cancellation of Cap and Trade and its associated green initiatives. Rather, it is in protest to the MANNER in which it is being cancelled, specifically in regards to the EHVIP program.

On July 11th, Premier Ford’s team announced the immediate cancellation of the program. The only way to still qualify for the rebate would be if one satisfied one of the following two conditions:

• Eligible vehicles that have been delivered to consumers, registered, and plated on or before July 11 will receive the incentive.
  • Inventory that dealers have on lots or orders made by dealerships with manufacturers on or before July 11, will also be honoured for the incentive provided that the vehicle is delivered to consumers, registered, and plated by September 10.
Although this gives dealers a ‘wind-down’ period, it offers no such consideration to consumers. I believe this was done specifically to target Tesla buyers as they buy directly from the manufacturer, especially as Premier Ford has referred to Tesla owners as ‘downtown liberals’ and ‘millionaires’. This is simply not true. The only Tesla that is currently on the list of approved vehicles (i.e. the Model 3) is aimed at middle class Ontarians. After the rebate, gas savings, and savings on maintenance, the pricing of the Model 3 is in-line with non-luxury brands, such as Honda, Toyota, and GM. For most of us, the rebate is the difference between affordability and non-affordability. Many of us have ordered this car in good faith, placing a $4,200 non-refundable deposit. We now face a no-win scenario; either cancel our orders and lose $4,200, or commit to buying a car that we can no longer afford.

All I am asking is that Premier Ford extend to us, his constituents, the same consideration he is offering to businesses (i.e. the dealers); honour those orders that were placed prior to July 11th providing the vehicle is delivered, registered, and plated by September 10th. As it stands, it seems as though Premier Ford is intentionally targeting Tesla, but is really only hurting his people. We voted-in Premier Ford in good faith, so please don’t break faith with us now – wind down this program in an equitable manner.

Sincerely

EMAIL ADDRESSES:
[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
Just did it

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 6.34.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 6.34.34 PM.png
    883.1 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: akidesir and KayZee
My sentiments exactly, esp with the CBC. Media is struggling and look to polarize every issue. Click bait headlines and biased journalism with comments repeatedly from the same basement dwellers commenting ad nauseum. Cutting through the BS is a full time job in itself. Ford's base is at least partially comprised of people that just want to bring the world down to their level.

Oh my...how elitist of me :)

Make sure you tell Talia that! [email protected]
Tesla, take them to court! The Government has been challenged before and lost. It’s important that the PC’s realize they can’t get away treating some companies like this while favoring others (i.e. their friends). This is setting a precedent and if they can do this as soon as they are in power, imagine what else they feel they can get away with in the next four years.

Unfortunately Government also can introduce legislation to prevent lawsuits from happening. Look at how they handled the Hydro One thing.
John Yakabuski, MPP
Renfrew-Nipissing-Pembroke

Twitter: @JYakabuskiOnPC

84 Isabella Street, Unit 6
Pembroke, Ontario
K8A 5S5

Tel. (613) 735-6627
1-800-267-2515
Fax (613) 735-6692
Email [email protected]

In addition to emailing John, we also need to mass email Iris Fawcett at the MTO. She's the one that sent out the official notice on the cancellation of the initiatives. Does anyone have Iris Fawcett's email address?

Make sure you tell Talia that! [email protected]

Unfortunately Government also can introduce legislation to prevent lawsuits from happening. Look at how they handled the Hydro One thing.

In addition to emailing John, we also need to mass email Iris Fawcett at the MTO. She's the one that sent out the official notice on the cancellation of the initiatives. Does anyone have Iris Fawcett's email address?

Actually, I take back my comments about the CBC. I don't know why I said them. I was thinking Huffington Post and their comments sections. I liked the CBC article. It was very well done.

Reactions: haromaem
Received a response from my local MPP (PC):

“I have been advised by the Ministry of Transportation that vehicles ordered directly from a manufacturer (such as Tesla) are not currently eligible for the incentive unless the vehicle was delivered, registered, and plated by July 11. We will continue to look into this matter and will let you know if there are any further developments.”

Thanks for telling me what I told you. /s Completely ignored my concerns. Will follow up.

That's fast. I still not get my VIN ? Ordered 24th May ...
I don’t see a VIN on the account yet, has the SA called? Friday I was told it was still a few weeks away, today he said I could pick it up this week and opened the financing app and trade in details. Maybe I got a cancellation, I probably picked a somewhat popular build. I gave myself the choice of paint or the wheels, and I thought black and sport wheels looked the best if I had to only pick one.

Received a response from my local MPP (PC):

“I have been advised by the Ministry of Transportation that vehicles ordered directly from a manufacturer (such as Tesla) are not currently eligible for the incentive unless the vehicle was delivered, registered, and plated by July 11. We will continue to look into this matter and will let you know if there are any further developments.”

Thanks for telling me what I told you. /s Completely ignored my concerns. Will follow up.

I got the same canned response and followed up, haven’t heard back, so I’m going to call tomorrow instead of waiting for emails they won’t return. My guy is house leader, so I’ll keep arguing until he calls the cops on me, I’m fine with that.