Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those that reorder should understand that you are getting LR RWD, and you are paying for the price. You are not paying MR and getting LR. There will be adjustment at delivery time. Plus there is an increase in outside paint.

Plus an increase in base cost. Your DA or sales person will provide you the details of the actual costs. Since the RWD isn't in production, it isn't on the Tesla site so they had to tell you to select what's there to get a reservation number and your deposit to start the process.

I have a feeling that Tesla likely supplied the government with a list of those who would be eligible which would be cross referenced when applications for rebates are processed. Apparently you just use the normal application that's still available and email it to the same address provided on the form.

EHVIP Rebate Application

• Informative
Reactions: champion1955
Here it is again; Tesla’s infamous communication capabilities.

I do think they’re ordering in more. Consider that Musk recently stated that anyone who ordered their car prior to Nov 30th should be able to get it by Dec 31st and still get the full US federal tax credit. We now see the same language in the email sent to us (i.e. order by Nov 30th). Granted, we are in Canada, but that shouldn’t make delivery any more difficult (and they’ve invested in more delivery capacity recently to ensure no delivery bottlenecks). In other words, if Tesla wants to, then they can make it happen. But it’s now a race for time for everyone - both in the US and in Ontario. However, given the drama that has surrounded our case, I think our orders will be prioritized. There’s also not that many of us (100-200) and they’re churning out 5000+ per week and trying to take it to 7000/week within a week or two.

Am I sure about this? No. But this seems to me to be the likliest scenario.

In any event, I’ll be doing some more calling tonight to try and get to the bottom of this...

Did you find anything further out? My (limited) understanding is that the number of people are much higher but when you weed out all those that wouldn't be participating in this for a myriad of reasons, I think you are right and in the 100-200 range and might very well be right in the middle at 150. Which means more vehicles need to come up and I can't see Tesla doing all this and then not being able to deliver on their hard work. From purely a logical perspective, I have to think they will deliver more and why you had to order by the 30th.

Of course getting a definitive answer on such things is not their forte as we all know. I do know that even internally it causes a lot of frustrations. Easier to work around it as best as possible than expect things will change anytime soon :)

A little pissed that I won't be able to get any H3's. Have had H2's for 6 winters now and probably over 100k km. They are getting pretty worn but still seem to perform ok.

Anyone have any suggestions for 18" winter tire wheels? Anyone dealt with 1010Tires.com (out of QC with free shipping)?

Plus an increase in base cost. Your DA or sales person will provide you the details of the actual costs. Since the RWD isn't in production, it isn't on the Tesla site so they had to tell you to select what's there to get a reservation number and your deposit to start the process.

I have a feeling that Tesla likely supplied the government with a list of those who would be eligible which would be cross referenced when applications for rebates are processed. Apparently you just use the normal application that's still available and email it to the same address provided on the form.

EHVIP Rebate Application
How much increase in base price? Mine was $72k blue LR/RWD + EAP before freight and any other fees.

EHVIP Rebate Application

Of course, the government has a list so they know what the damages are. The problem is, if you are not in that list, you will probably be out of luck. That's why they ask you to re-order with the same name and same email address.

Reactions: adaptabl
How much increase in base price? Mine was $72k blue LR/RWD + EAP before freight and any other fees.

I thought base M3 LR RWD had gone up just over 1k. My costs weren't itemized so I've asked that be done. Might get it tomorrow. I think mine was 76k IIRC. Presuming 2k for 19" wheels and 2k for midnight grey & Including EAP & freight but not fees of ~ $460 for license etc.

Thinking of this package from 1010Tire. $1832 mounted and balanced. Though it seems a little on the high side, I've seen higher.

1010tire.JPG

Did you find anything further out? My (limited) understanding is that the number of people are much higher but when you weed out all those that wouldn't be participating in this for a myriad of reasons, I think you are right and in the 100-200 range and might very well be right in the middle at 150. Which means more vehicles need to come up and I can't see Tesla doing all this and then not being able to deliver on their hard work. From purely a logical perspective, I have to think they will deliver more and why you had to order by the 30th.

Of course getting a definitive answer on such things is not their forte as we all know. I do know that even internally it causes a lot of frustrations. Easier to work around it as best as possible than expect things will change anytime soon :)

A little pissed that I won't be able to get any H3's. Have had H2's for 6 winters now and probably over 100k km. They are getting pretty worn but still seem to perform ok.

Anyone have any suggestions for 18" winter tire wheels? Anyone dealt with 1010Tires.com (out of QC with free shipping)?

Unfortunately my DA was off today and his inside guy wasn’t very useful (I think he replied to my email to say ‘how can I help?’ and then went home for the night). I did call the Lawrence shop and this time was told that there actually about 200 cars in inventory!

At this point I have no idea what’s going on. I’ll try my DA again tomorrow and see if I can find out anything new. I’m thinking to maybe try escalating everything as much as I can. Hopefully I’ll be able to get a solid answer.

I thought base M3 LR RWD had gone up just over 1k. My costs weren't itemized so I've asked that be done. Might get it tomorrow. I think mine was 76k IIRC. Presuming 2k for 19" wheels and 2k for midnight grey & Including EAP & freight but not fees of ~ $460 for license etc.

Thinking of this package from 1010Tire. $1832 mounted and balanced. Though it seems a little on the high side, I've seen higher.

View attachment 354965
Regarding price - I don’t think it went up. BUT the prices of certain options have changed, such as the paint prices, EAP (or at least if it’s added after-the-fact)

I've kept a copy of the order summary from before. I want to see if I can get the same price... I really think Tesla should just honour that with unlimited connectivity. I don't really care about the 6 months free supercharging.

M3 LR RWD $64,100
Blue $1,300
EAP $6,600

Total $72,000

My understanding is that only the conditions that exist at this point in time will be honored but never hurts to try and will be curious as to how that works out. Maybe they'd be willing to do it according to the date of the VIN for example but anything new or in transit I don't think you'd have much leverage.

They have put considerable effort into the initial lawsuit and the ongoing negotiations. I would have been happy with current pricing but throw in the lifetime connectivity for those who's original order would have qualified. I agree. I'd much rather have that than 6 months of supercharging.

I was $76k for the one I went with but don't know how it broke down. Might get that today. Pretty sure it was 2k for each of paint and 19" wheels and $6.6k for EAP and $1300 shipping? which makes base 64.1k, right.

Last edited:
Has anyone that re-ordered got assigned a VIN yet? I'm anxiously waiting for mine.

I knew the VIN for mine when I ordered (in person) it but it's yet to be formally assigned. Apparently some background manipulation has to be done by Tesla in Cali so that won't happen till they return from holidays. Not sure if that's required for all orders or just due to mine being in transit at the time of ordering.

I'm waiting at least if not more anxiously. If something goes wrong and I have to select something else, there will be few options left unless you can get one from the factory and then you are into worrying about it arriving in time. Though that said, I'm pretty chill about it all. I was seriously looking at used 2017 Model S 100D's just as this hijacked my interests.

Love

View attachment 354965

I know it's still early given that I haven't even heard back from the DA. Any other options for winter tires? I would like to get an extra set of aero wheel with the winter tires but not sure about the Pirelli set they offer.

I knew the VIN for mine when I ordered (in person) it but it's yet to be formally assigned. Apparently some background manipulation has to be done by Tesla in Cali so that won't happen till they return from holidays. Not sure if that's required for all orders or just due to mine being in transit at the time of ordering.

I'm waiting at least if not more anxiously. If something goes wrong and I have to select something else, there will be few options left unless you can get one from the factory and then you are into worrying about it arriving in time. Though that said, I'm pretty chill about it all. I was seriously looking at used 2017 Model S 100D's just as this hijacked my interests.

I called Tesla Lawrence if I could look at the inventory but they said I have ordered online so they cannot take my order.

• Informative
Reactions: dj_gon
This PC gov't is a joke... Run by a bunch of morons... I agree with the deadline for ordering the car but why do they have to put the delivery deadlines there every time to get the buyers panicking. There are only around 150 people who cancelled the order back in July, so there won't be any financial surprises anyway...

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl
I called Tesla Lawrence if I could look at the inventory but they said I have ordered online so they cannot take my order.

Interesting. Maybe that's the issue with my order as I selected a different color and wheels in person from what I ordered online but given you are forced to order something slightly different anyway, I'm sure it's causing them a lot of headaches in the back end of the process.

As others have said, communication is all over the map so I would take anything you hear with a grain of salt.

Reactions: champion1955
Interesting. Maybe that's the issue with my order as I selected a different color and wheels in person from what I ordered online but given you are forced to order something slightly different anyway, I'm sure it's causing them a lot of headaches in the back end of the process.

As others have said, communication is all over the map so I would take anything you hear with a grain of salt.
I guess you got lucky that the advisor helped you.

I guess you got lucky that the advisor helped you.

I was lucky to have established contact with a Sales person from my original order that I kept in contact with and who helped me when I arranged to meet him in person on Wednesday. He's been incredibly helpful. That said, I'm sure DA's are also great but it does seem strange that these orders are being picked up by DA's and theoretically bypassing sales when some sales people have spent a lot of time supporting those who ordered originally and then cancelled. Something seems amiss there but I have no insider knowledge of the inner workings at Tesla. Sales should be getting their due credit as well in all this.