Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opportunity Console - New Photos, Poll

This is how I'd like my Model S configured

• No console, keep it open

Votes: 84 14.3%
  • Somewhere for bits and bobs

Votes: 343 58.2%
  • My phone needs a home

Votes: 303 51.4%
  • Give me somewhere for the 'big-gulp'

Votes: 158 26.8%
  • Forget seat 5, give me more in the back

Votes: 110 18.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ladies, let us get real. That post was made by me, a woman, one that is practical! I'm way in front of you on the feminist side so put your howling aside. Back to let's get real.

While the guys are undoubtedly hoping for a diff response :), welcome to the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Now we're making progress! :biggrin:

Steve, I promise to try to be more assertive in the future.

90% (or more) of the forum members are male - that doesn't translate to the buying population. I don't know the Model S stats, but personal experience is that better than 30% of Model S drivers are women.

And while I don't know a single man who carries something they call a man-bag (okay, maybe one) - every guy I work with either has a backpack (majority) or a briefcase. Same thing, diff name.

I have yet to meet a female Model S owner. I'm sure there are plenty - it's certainly not some testosterone laden vehicle. It's very tasteful and should appeal universally. Plenty of women have complimented me on the car. That being said, in general men are more likely to spend big money on a car than women. Not universally true but a fact none-the-less. What the percentage is? Not sure. Maybe 90% is too high. Maybe not... Here's a cool article on gender disparity in car sales:

http://247wallst.com/2012/04/23/men...ove-mini-gm-f-tm-hmc-nsany-kimtf-mzdaf-szkmf/

As for backpacks, I do have a sachel bag, but that is WAY different than a purse. WAY DIFFERENT....I think...:redface:

I will say it doesn't fit all that great in the center area because it doesn't really sit. I throw in the passenger side of the car mostly or the trunk.-

I vote that all female usernames appear in bright pink.

No gender stereotypes here :wink:

I am going to have to get something for my center area at some point. I've already got it near overflowing with crap and it's starting to look messy. I took most of the stuff from my last car's center console, door pockets and seat-back pockets and put it in tupperware bins in the frunk. At some point, I'm going to have to go through that stuff to see what I really need to keep in the car.

Though I agree with you that 'summer' probably is not before 9/21/13, and since you are a super-poster and all-knowing... can you tell me where we "learned" that? Did they make a new announcement about the center console? :confused:
Heh @ super-poster. Definitely not all-knowing. Or even mostly-knowing. But thanks. ;)

Let me go dig it up in the way back machine...moment...

Update: Way back machine was useless. Google + TMC was fruitful though:

Model S design studio is up
"PACKAGES: coming this winter"
"OPTIONS: coming this winter"
"INTERIOR: coming this winter"

This phrasing "next" and "this" <season> were used frequently on the TeslaMotors.com website and were usually 1-5 seasons overly optimistic.

Last edited:
This phrasing "next" and "this" <season> were used frequently on the TeslaMotors.com website and were usually 1-5 seasons overly optimistic.
And yet the Tesla minyans, many of whom are quite bright, somehow have clouded judgement when it comes to a repeated case of over-promise & under-deliver!
What did VFX used to have as his signature, "Mundus vult decipi (ergo decipiatur)!"

it would be cool to have this appear and come up from the floor, but im not a secret agent so i guess it wouldn't do me any good :(

full_out[1].jpg