Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Options you would like to see in the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The day I reserved my Model S I showed my wife the Model X rollout video. She watched patiently (even though I've been torturing her with Tesla conversations for 3 years) and looked up at me and said "I'll take one of those." Soooo, I reserved her a Model X.
The only thing I REALLY need is for the Falcon doors to be adjustable as the S hatch is. I don't think (not sure) they would open in our garage. We have to be able to adjust them so they wont hit anything, AND get in comfortably without contorting our tired old bodies and those of our friends. Did I mention I REALLY (ie: show stopper) need this?

Similar story here. Roadster's been "in the family" for 15 months, and my wife has never driven it. Says she might not give it back if she did, so I haven't pushed the issue. :-D

But when I showed her the Model X rollout video, she just said "OK... you get the sedan, I'll take that one. Perfect."

I'll be looking either for folding or removable rear seats (middle and back row); turn the Model X into a really big 2 person station wagon. The ideal setup will leave me with enough space in back for an air mattress. And in practice, the bulk of all that space will be used for doing random fetching and carrying.

Heck, if the passenger seat can fold flat or otherwise be arranged so that especially long objects can extend up into the passenger seat area, that'd be especially nice.

That leads to some sort of cargo liner as an option as well. After all, fetching and carrying tends to leave grit and dirt behind, and I'd rather that was contained and easy to vaccuum / clean up!

It's all about the options for how to arrange the interior space.

At the launch event, Elon demonstrated and claimed folding middle and back row seats creating a lay-flat cargo area. As a prototype, that may not make the final cut, but it was on their radar. I too would love to be able to get a mattress of some form back there for car-camping.

At the launch event, Elon demonstrated and claimed folding middle and back row seats creating a lay-flat cargo area. As a prototype, that may not make the final cut, but it was on their radar.

I would be disappointed if they didn't; and would have to invent some sort of insert shenanigan to make it flat f the dogs.

I wish someone w access to a Model X prototype took detailed pictures of the trunk and 3rd seat area in folded and propped positions

Since the supercharger network is supposed to be capable of 120kW total output what about the possibility of a future Model X-120 charging at 120kW?
Would this require changes to the Supercharging network or is that capability already built in?

If they can do the side view cameras in place of mirrors, how about at least the far side having two cameras, the normal one looking back and another looking forward? The idea is that when parking, the forward looking camera would look down to show the front tire/curb distance and a better perspective of where the front corner of the car was relative to anything in front of the car. This is similar to the side mirror automatically tilting down to show the rear tire/curb relationship. This seems to me like a better option than separate parking sensors.

If they can do the side view cameras in place of mirrors, how about at least the far side having two cameras, the normal one looking back and another looking forward? The idea is that when parking, the forward looking camera would look down to show the front tire/curb distance and a better perspective of where the front corner of the car was relative to anything in front of the car. This is similar to the side mirror automatically tilting down to show the rear tire/curb relationship. This seems to me like a better option than separate parking sensors.

Hey, if it can rotate 180 degrees, you can do that with one cam.

I want to add another vote for second and third row seats that either remove or fold flat & low. If they come out, floor should be flat.
i would probably leave them all at home a lot of the time. Save on weight and have the world's sexiest cargo van

Just reserved an X yesterday. Here's my list:

1) Bigger battery option - Model X already weighs more than Model S, so a bit more weight won't hurt. Plus the AWD version has to drive TWO motors. I fear the 85KWh battery of the S won't even get me to the next community if I want to travel.

2) Stow-able/Removable 2nd/3rd row - I will never use more than two rows and would prefer the option for an extra big boot.

3) Parking assistance system (cameras, audio/visual sensors, etc) - Doesn't need to go crazy here, but Model X must have something

Everything else I can take or leave.

Last edited: