Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Options you would like to see in the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have to agree with MikeL, I would remove the third row and move the second row back a good 30cm. Have more space to offer my parents a nice place to travel as they are getting a bit older and less mobile. Would offer me a huge cargo space in the back and one extra in the front.
Bring it on!!!

Just reserved an X yesterday. Here's my list:

1) Bigger battery option - Model X already weighs more than Model S, so a bit more weight won't hurt. Plus the AWD version has to drive TWO motors. I fear the 85KW battery of the S won't even get me to the next community if I want to travel.

I agree with this strongly, and I also think is very likely will happen. 120kWh?

2) Stow-able/Removable 2nd/3rd row - I will never use more than two rows and would prefer the option for an extra big boot.

Removable 3rd row of seats with a 2nd row that slides back and forth, either as one unit or each seat individually, I have assumed all along will be an option. If not, I think it would actually be a dealbreaker for me (yeah I know it's a strong word but in this case for me approriate).

3) Parking assistance system (cameras, audio/visual sensors, etc) - Doesn't need to go crazy but Model X must have something

This will definately come. The EU Model S har optional parking sensors and I'm sure this will be introduced soon on the US Model S and hence the same on Model X.

I don’t want the third row; if I am forced to take it then Iwill be driving the church ladies around the rest of my life! I love them but….
I need all of the leg room I can get in the second row, oneson is 6’8” and the small one is 6’6”. Iam not waiting for Gen3 because I double if they will fit into the back of it.
No third row for me please.

Have to agree with MikeL, I would remove the third row and move the second row back a good 30cm. Have more space to offer my parents a nice place to travel as they are getting a bit older and less mobile. Would offer me a huge cargo space in the back and one extra in the front.
Bring it on!!!

If you want a large 2nd row and a big cargo space, why not just get the Model S today? Is it the AWD, or something else that has you waiting for the X?

I definitely want the third row, but only occasionally. What I want a lot is very comfortable 2nd row seating for older family and friends on long trips, to include comfortable heated seats, separate climate control, and lots of leg and head room.

What might be good would be a way to fold up the third row seat bottom the same way theater seats fold, thereby freeing up a few more inches that the second row could slide back into. Most of the time I wouldn't use the third row seats, and when I did it would only be for short trips, but multi-hour/2 day road trips with another couple won't be unusual at all.

It's also essential that the second and third row seats can be removed/folded to give a lot of flat cargo space.

I definitely want the third row, but only occasionally. What I want a lot is very comfortable 2nd row seating for older family and friends on long trips, to include comfortable heated seats, separate climate control, and lots of leg and head room.

What might be good would be a way to fold up the third row seat bottom the same way theater seats fold, thereby freeing up a few more inches that the second row could slide back into. Most of the time I wouldn't use the third row seats, and when I did it would only be for short trips, but multi-hour/2 day road trips with another couple won't be unusual at all.

It's also essential that the second and third row seats can be removed/folded to give a lot of flat cargo space.

+1....!

Sure why not as an option. It will basically no difference to the main pack, but would help the 12V, and it does make a statement. I think it looks good on the Fisker.

I'd rather not see this. Solar panels on cars are a gimmick, no more and no less. It was meaningless on the Fisker except to establish "green cred" and it's equally meaningless on the Nissan Leaf (too small to generate any significant power to offset usage) As a scientist, I'm sure Elon won't put in something like this that would be just for appearance's sake.

I do hope they figure out the roof section to accommodate ski / snowboard racks with the Falcon doors. I head to Big Bear every year, so this would be very important to me as I'm sure many are also on this boat.

Tesla would have to work really hard to ignore the roof-rack question as so many of us have asked. BTW, there's a discussion here: Model-X-Roof-Rack-Hitch-Rack-Trailer-Toys

I'd rather not see this. Solar panels on cars are a gimmick, no more and no less. It was meaningless on the Fisker except to establish "green cred" and it's equally meaningless on the Nissan Leaf (too small to generate any significant power to offset usage) As a scientist, I'm sure Elon won't put in something like this that would be just for appearance's sake.

+1. I don't want gimmicks on my Model X.

(Nor do I want a 'Hello Kitty' interior, in case any design folks are looking for ideas to make the Model X attractive to women. Just sayin'.)

Custom interior for Bonnie:

FORTUNE-Hello-Kitty-Autos-Car-Seat-Covers-for-2011-Honda-Element-SUV-Apricot-l1.jpg

But with plenty of "techie" stuff also please.

it would be nice if they were able to unify the glass in the roof more so one could get a part of it that was openable above the driver and front row passenger..... though probably difficult.

roof rack is important, but already at the reveal, when I asked, they said they have a really cool solution for this so I guess we will find out in time. :)