Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orbital Wheel Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What did you get for tire shine/dressing? Exploring my options as well.
I bought the applicator and two products from Chemical Guys. “Nonsense all purpose cleaner” for deep cleaning the tires and “VRP Vinyl, rubber, plastic shine and protectant”. The VRP supposedly gives it a good natural shine but not the 10/10 glossy look that you might see in a car collection showroom. I’ve never used it before, though, so we’ll see how it looks.

My black ones arrived earlier this week. I’ve not installed them. Unfortunately I’m planning on selling the car to side grade to a Y or maybe upgrade to an X.
I’m located in Tucson AZ. PM if interested. I’m not looking to profit here but the box is quite large and heavy so shipping is probably going to be pricey.

Here are some glamour shots after the tires were cleaned up. I also weighed the orbitals vs aeros because I had them handy, and the Orbitals(with center cap) are 763g(26.91oz), and the Aeros are 645g(22.75 oz) each.

Attachments

• P3150992.JPG
    P3150992.JPG
    571.6 KB · Views: 430
  • P3150991.JPG
    P3150991.JPG
    555.9 KB · Views: 200
Here are some glamour shots after the tires were cleaned up. I also weighed the orbitals vs aeros because I had them handy, and the Orbitals(with center cap) are 763g(26.91oz), and the Aeros are 645g(22.75 oz) each.

finally someone doing proper pictures with tire shine (or at least a reasonably new tire). The rims are gonna look *sugar* in a picture if the tire is light grey, regardless how good the.... cover looks.

Has anyone else ordered fairly recently? I'm considering ordering a set, but i've never purchased anything on indiegogo. Their disclaimer about crowdfunding gives me some pause about ordering. It's my understanding that in the event they aren't able to to fulfill my order, I lose out on any chance of getting any of my money back. Is that right? Can anyone comment on this?

Last edited:
Has anyone else ordered fairly recently? I'm considering ordering a set, but i've never purchased anything on indiegogo. Their disclaimer about crowdfunding gives me some pause about ordering. It's my understanding that in the event they aren't able to to fulfill my order, I lose out any chance getting any of my money back. Is that right? Can anyone comment on this?

There's always a chance you lose your money on crowdfunding sites, but the probability here is pretty low. They've started delivering hundreds of sets of wheel caps and they intend to continue to sell them after all of the Indiegogo orders are fulfilled.

• Helpful
Reactions: P-Lo801
There's always a chance you lose your money on crowdfunding sites, but the probability here is pretty low. They've started delivering hundreds of sets of wheel caps and they intend to continue to sell them after all of the Indiegogo orders are fulfilled.
I ordered a few weeks ago. Fingers crossed.First time supporting Indegogo.

Has anyone else ordered fairly recently? I'm considering ordering a set, but i've never purchased anything on indiegogo. Their disclaimer about crowdfunding gives me some pause about ordering. It's my understanding that in the event they aren't able to to fulfill my order, I lose out on any chance of getting any of my money back. Is that right? Can anyone comment on this?
You should be OK, they have been delivering their products for people that ordered over a year ago, myself included.
Anyone able to do a highway efficiency test vs the standard aero wheels?
I believe they did their own efficiency tests, and it's about the same thing as the Tesla aero covers, maybe only slightly better.

• Helpful
Reactions: P-Lo801
You should be OK, they have been delivering their products for people that ordered over a year ago, myself included.

I believe they did their own efficiency tests, and it's about the same thing as the Tesla aero covers, maybe only slightly better.

Yeah, I'm skeptical of their results. There is more air passing through this wheel than the original aeros, so I'm looking for some more tests to verify or rebut those numbers.