Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order before March 1 or wait until end of Q1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He's their one-man marketing and PR team, got to take everything out of his mouth with a huge chunk of salt. This is probably an attempt to get people who are waiting and waiting for the best deal to make their move, but given the oversupply they have I would be very surprised if discounts didn't come back closer to the end of the quarter, especially if volume doesn't pick up.
Of course. Not only they will, they might have to get creative with some other offers.

Reactions: olsookie
He’s nothing more than a pathological liar. The only way they can end inventory discounts is to drastically reduce MSRP, which they’re loathe to do because it makes so many prior purchasers butthurt and thinking that Tesla is “tanking their resale values.”

The market says MSRP is too expensive. A volume-driven manufacturer like Tesla has NO CHOICE but to respond by lowering prices.

He’s nothing more than a pathological liar. The only way they can end inventory discounts is to drastically reduce MSRP, which they’re loathe to do because it makes so many prior purchasers butthurt and thinking that Tesla is “tanking their resale values.”

The market says MSRP is too expensive. A volume-driven manufacturer like Tesla has NO CHOICE but to respond by lowering prices.
Reducing the MSRP, at least on Model Y, would also make him look ridiculous because he insisted that prices would go up as of April 1 by at least $1K.

Just the latest in a long string of manipulative lies.
Do the ends justify the means? There's a good chance that Tesla would be Acrimoto if unrealistic optimism and unlikely timelines weren't employed.

The example I always give is that Elon says FSD (a misnomer for sure) is bargain priced now for the early adopters, but will increase in price in the future, as if that's ever been the case with some technological invention. The cost produce the first human genome sequence was $3,000,000,000, and now you can order it for a hundred bucks. Technology does not get more expensive as mastery improves. Services don't get more expensive as competition abounds.

I don't dismiss flagrant misleading, but then there are the grey areas where if things aligned as hoped for, the outcome exceeds expectation.

As an aside, I find it difficult to feel sorry for those who a. have enough means that $13k for half-baked FSD is not a big deal, and b. are foolish enough to pay upfront for something that doesn't exist.

*none of that is a knock on the Tesla FSD project, only an acknowledgement that it necessarily had to be funded by the wealthy or the foolish.

If they are indeed removing all inventory discounts, bet they will offer low APR.

Just trying all sort of ways to make different people taking the bait, until he has no other ways but to reduce price.

Reactions: ucmndd and vickh
If they are indeed removing all inventory discounts, bet they will offer low APR.

Just trying all sort of ways to make different people taking the bait, until he has no other ways but to reduce price.
I thought the same, but the lease on an inventory car that was previously $49k and now is $54k, has gone up by about $115/mo (36mo, 10k miles/year)...so basically no movement on APR... yet.

As you and others have said, there's no way this holds.

I got $15k off my first Model S and $30k off my second Model S all during a time when Elon was telling anyone and everyone Tesla didn't discount. So I'm expecting them to revert to the mean (discount) by the end of Q2

Reactions: olsookie
I just took a peek at the Model Y inventory in my area (Atlanta) and right now and, while there is still plenty of inventory, there are only a couple of non-demo cars being offered at a discount and even those are less than $1000. Before 3/31 (and even into early April, after the price increase), you could find a few units with $4-5000 discounts. It looks like the window of opportunity has closed, at least for the near term.
I can also speculate that with the staff reductions, which affected the service centers as well, the remaining employees' morale may not be at the highest and they may need some "settling down" time.

I just took a peek at the Model Y inventory in my area (Atlanta) and right now and, while there is still plenty of inventory, there are only a couple of non-demo cars being offered at a discount and even those are less than $1000. Before 3/31 (and even into early April, after the price increase), you could find a few units with $4-5000 discounts. It looks like the window of opportunity has closed, at least for the near term.
I can also speculate that with the staff reductions, which affected the service centers as well, the remaining employees' morale may not be at the highest and they may need some "settling down" time.
The market is saturated, rates are high and there is a ton of inventory. Only a genius would cancel inventory discounts and offer $800 off a 1400 mile demo. lol

Reactions: olsookie and acpd
(1) Tesla had one of the worse quarter in % sales decrease from last year and previous quarter

(2) MY is old and due for a refresh within months

(3) High interest rates, low demand

Sales Team: What should we do next?
Elon: Let's raise prices and remove discounts😀

Tesla will be forced to do something drastic like.

Buy Model Y get free FSD

• Funny
Reactions: vickh and olsookie
I passed by a Tesla sales gallery today so I stopped in to ask a sales advisor if he had any idea what’s happening with the discounts. He said the discounts just went away one day without any warning to the employees, and they still have not heard from anyone at Tesla what to expect moving forward. He didn’t even want to venture a guess as to what corporate might be thinking.

Reactions: Skavatar
Why are they raising prices significantly for Juniper? (I believe M3 Highland did not increase in price.)
Speculation on my part largely due to the hype of a new product. If they can reduce costs and hold or increase MSRP then they make more profit. I cross shopped the competition in March before buying, nobody else comes close on the value proposition of the Y currently so in a normal market there is room for a higher MSRP. Highland last I checked doesn’t qualify for the federal tax credit, that is a $7500 price increase in my book. Hopefully they don’t make the same mistake with Juniper.

With the current market I’m glad I pulled the trigger end of Q1 so I’m not still on the emotional roller coaster.