Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Model X today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cotswold - despite what you were told at time of ordering, I don't believe a 7 seat flat folding monopost version ever existed.

The monopost design looks great and allows access to the 3rd row with ease. However, the monopost mechanism is such that it only allows seat tiltingn (i.e. with the 6 seat version) not is not designed or engineered to fold totally flat, hence the bench replacement design to enable a folding flat 5/7 seat version.

don't believe a 7 seat flat folding monopost version ever existed

Hi @jb1180
I'm aware the 7 seat mono's never folded flat. If I made it seem somewhere that I was hoping for a fold flat monopost seat then that wasn't what I was trying to get across.
I was hoping to still get the mono's as that was the info on the website when I ordered. But it's since been confirmed it will definitely be the bench.

This is a bit of a pain as we will use the 3rd row far more often than we will use the flat load floor, and the monoposts, while not offering the same load space, do give more convenient access to the 3rd row. (And they're way cooler!)

Now that I've had some time to consider it I'm still a little disappointed but it's still going to be an amazing car'

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Cotswold & NAALSET

Thanks for the update.

Mine is also a UK order, entered production 6/9 and finished a 8 days later, VIN 661XX

What are your VINs?

My Tesla says Nov-Early Dec for delivery and the current status is that it is in transit from Fremont to a port in the US...it has been like this since mid-Sept.

As a side note, mine has the new drive unit (DU00) but seems to have the older APH2 code for autopilot as opposed to APH3 which should be the case for all cars built after 21st Aug - just curious, what codes do you see for these items?

@jb1180 mine entered production on 15/09 and is still showing in production. I’m hoping it’s a glitch and it’s on the way to Houston...
I have the same delivery slot as you...

VIN is 0654XX so a few behind yours.

I can’t remember how to check the part codes from the VIN?

Another update:

Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from our Fremont factory to the port within the United States.

So that’s 14 days(!) in production!

It’s quite likely that it finished production some days ago, but was waiting for others to be completed before being loaded into the container and then onto the train.