Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered yesterday. AP hardware question...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arguably you could move your delivery to lets say Nov or Jan... and you might get a call anyway to push up and get same offer. Lot of maneuverability in that first week... make sure you get something for forgoing it.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did. Order confirmed on Aug 13, told them on Aug 19 to hold to Jan 1, '17. Figured I'd waited this long, what's another couple of months?

I am taking the vehicle produced for me that is actually on schedule. I had the option not to take this unit as there was an error in the production but the incentives made it worth the while.
Give me more info - haha. What issue?
Have never heard anyone getting service. That's a first. So you had a delivery day.. Found an error.. We're not going to accept delivery.. And the nego right there? And promised to fix?

Give me more info - haha. What issue?
Have never heard anyone getting service. That's a first. So you had a delivery day.. Found an error.. We're not going to accept delivery.. And the nego right there? And promised to fix?[/QUOT

Electrek broke the story about AP 2.0 during the 7 day revision period after ordering. I told the Delivery Advisor to delay production until January '17 which he promptly neglected to do.
When I received the email that the car was actually produced, I told them I wouldn't take it.
It appears that AP 2.0 is not soon for this world, so I might as well go ahead. But now I'm in a position of, if not power, equal bargaining position.
Otherwise, they can eat the $5K it would cost them to put it in the inventory market. My way only cost them ~$2500. Glad they have the wisdom to see that.;)

Reactions: number12
Uh, what's your source on the USB/Cupholders? I picked mine up two weeks ago and no sign of em.
The Drag Times review of the P100DL had a brief shot of the back of the console with the USB clearly visible. Other photos have appeared on the forums. I don't know the cutoff date. One commenter, as best I remembered, had their car completed early September and got the cupholders. Mine was completed August 31, but I haven't taken delivery.

My car was Confirmed Aug 30 - and the VIN was delayed by 5 days, entered production on Sep 14 and was there for only ONE day. [worry that they just wandered the lot for a car with my design request and did not actually build one with fresh parts - asked and DS said Only Fresh]. Delivery standard was early Oct, but DS checked to see if my car was "eligible" for acceleration. It was. Then I asked for Destination fee waiver. Granted. Just now asked for Service fee. Not sure if I should ask for rear cupholders. Not at all important for me.

If I was not poking in tis forum, I would not have known to ask for Service. Thanks!!

Is this waiting game FUN? or is it full of Stress?

I asked for the 2 years of service and after a hold while discussing with his manager, he came back to say that no one there has ever authorized that so he won't be able to do it. Dest/docs no problem, but they can't offer service.

If anyone else has luck getting service please let us know.

I'm getting pretty antsy knowing the car is ready and waiting in Fremont but they don't have an eta to get it to socal