Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering this weekend...Any tips?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am going into a location today or tomorrow to order. I have read as much as I can about everything, so I am not sure what else I could / should know.

Ordering a Red, Model 3 Performance, Black Interior with the basic autopilot
I have a friends referral code
I have submitted a loan application through my credit union
Placing deposit on CC
Sales person will help with paperwork needed for feds/state and electric company

What else??

Thanks, and I will reply once it's ordered!

Make sure to provide your friend’s referral code to the sales person (“Owner Adviser”) right from the start. It can be applied later too, but that will require more efforts.

Bring a laptop or an iPad: it’s easier to fill out everything on a bigger screen than on your phone.

Why are you going into store to order? Hoping they have a car in stock? Even if so, it can take days to prep cars on the lot.

When expecting delivery, here's the delivery checklist: Tesla Prep: The ultimate Model 3 delivery checklist

Welcome to the family!

I am officially ordered! I am 10 minutes from a location, and they could walk me through anything and I had them do it all. Friends referral is already input and they can assist with any of the forms. I have a contact now, so it helps to have someone working for me. :)

Exciting days ahead! Congrats and nice car. What's your delivery timeline for your config? Is this your first experience with an EV and Tesla? Will you have charging at home? If so that would be the next things to get set. Also might want to think about adding any clearbra (PPF--protective paint film), ceramic coating, all weather car mats maybe?

Well I will be charging at home but I don’t drive too much so I can use 110v until I get it wired for 240v. (Which I am already looking into, we own our home)

They gave me the standard “two weeks” and she looked into inventory but didn’t look too hard or long. I have my loan already approved and will private party sell my car once I get a vin I am happy with. I work from home and don’t really need a car since we have wifes.

Reactions: Dre78
I don’t think I’m gonna wrap it. I know folks are fanatical about that but I am more of a I know it’s gonna get some wear kinda guy.

I would like the vinyl console wrap, some interior things like mats, cargo, and possibly a tray organizer for console. My friend promised to get me the wireless charger he has.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dre78 and hcdavis3
Some members have posted receiving substantial discounts on inventory or demo models of Performance Model 3’s. I would definitely check to see what is in stock while you wait for your order to be fulfilled. I was working with the Fashion Island store a few weeks ago and they had quite a few models in inventory.

Would encourage you to look at inventory models. Got a blue P3D with 9 miles and white interior and autopilot for $7700 off MSRP of $65k (Paid $57,300). Wait for end of quarter push and you could save a ton.

So did you order, then they offered the inventory vehicle? Or did you have them search inventory to start with. The only thing that I would change on is the color, or 2018 vs 2019 but really nothing else.

So did you order, then they offered the inventory vehicle? Or did you have them search inventory to start with. The only thing that I would change on is the color, or 2018 vs 2019 but really nothing else.

I called at the end of quarter to my local store and asked for inventory and did not place my order prior to finding the deal I wanted. Already was a owner of a LR RWD 3 and X 75D but kept hearing about the crazy sales push to move cars and was surprised when I heard brand new non demo inventory 3s were being discounted heavily. The sales advisor looked at inventory and sent me a text for the discounted model and from there I simply placed the order. My dad also got a P100D for 77k, over 30-40k off from configuring online.

Reactions: latimerluis
Would encourage you to look at inventory models. Got a blue P3D with 9 miles and white interior and autopilot for $7700 off MSRP of $65k (Paid $57,300). Wait for end of quarter push and you could save a ton.
When did you purchase if you don't mind me asking....I am planning on ordering around Aug but if I can get a better deal in September I will do it. Just curious as to how close to the end of the quarter you were.

When did you purchase if you don't mind me asking....I am planning on ordering around Aug but if I can get a better deal in September I will do it. Just curious as to how close to the end of the quarter you were.

2 days before end of the quarter. Really depends where you live, most abundant deals are in California. The sales advisors will look up cars which are a certain distance from your location. Waiting till Sept means reduced tax credit, however with Tesla it's a gamble to predict future prices.

From my experience the LR RWD was and overall better car compared to the performance. The P3D is blazing fast but all the AWD Tesla's feel to planted on the ground and turns feel numb compared to the RWD. The LR RWD had the best efficiency and range. It seems the P3D I received a $7700 adjustment for and was $57,300 ($65k MSRP) can be purchased now for $61,500 MSRP for thesame build. I'm sure the performance model will continue to drop in price over the next year, be happy at your price you get and move along. I'm just guessing but I think performance will be able to be had for $45k 1 year from now easily. It's def not more than 1k more expensive to build compared to a AWD car. I love the P3D but I think for the masses they would benefit more from the range over 0-60 acceleration improvement.

Agree with @turtlesz ! Best time to purchase is a week before end of quarter! I got my Model 3 Performance Long Range last quarter and could not be more happy. There were some minor paint concerns, but they did their part and made sure my concerns were added to the Due Bill! I had to email them an additional time to make sure it was added (take the steps to protect yourself and your investment! and save headache later when you have to visit service)

To me...minor paint concerns/scratches can easily be rectified by my detailer and does not affect the functionality of my Model 3!
Excited to be a part of the community! WOOT!