Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lol, he sounds swell.

Let's just say I am not dealing with Mark but another gentleman listed a lot on this forum and he was very helpful. I will see Wednesday when I supply the VIN as he asked for to lock in the rate or see if it was lip service.

I have seen some up and down transactions as of late with Alliant and with your info and others here lately I do not feel confident that mine will get locked in

I spoke to a loan officer today and he mentioned the 30 day lock. It's from the day your loan is approved. So, technically a September delivery would require another credit check. By the way, he also said that they will know by Friday if rates are going to be affected or not. He specifically asked me to wait until Friday to apply.

Thanks

Who were you dealing with? My contact, we'll call him "Mark"(because that is his name), seems like a bit of a jag. His response to my request to lock in the rate?

"Nothing we can do at this time. "

His reply to my question about potential rate changes?

"I do not."

Guess this is what you get when you have a captive audience.

My delivery is scheduled for end of August/early September and i reached out to Alliant yesterday and was also told to apply on Friday. I wonder if it is to get the last batch in before rates potentially change on 7/18, or if rates are changing on Friday/etc. Not sure about 30 day lock as it would not seem to stretch long enough but I will post again if i find out more on Friday.

My delivery is scheduled for end of August/early September and i reached out to Alliant yesterday and was also told to apply on Friday. I wonder if it is to get the last batch in before rates potentially change on 7/18, or if rates are changing on Friday/etc. Not sure about 30 day lock as it would not seem to stretch long enough but I will post again if i find out more on Friday.

Mind reporting back? My order is finalized on Friday so I'm hoping the rate doesn't move.

I have been an Alliant member for over 30 years. They are a little more business and less laid back than they used to be, but decent rates and honesty is something they have always given me.
I placed my order 7/11 and talked to Alliant. Lock is 30 days, and they are just being honest when they say they don't know after the 15th. Rate for new cars is currently .5% higher so I don't think they will be out of the ballpark. FWIW, my salesman HEARD that Tesla is not going to continue with preferred lenders.

These are the rates from Lightstream for New Auto. How are these an 'other financing option' compared to Alliant? You might have better luck with you local credit union?

upload_2016-7-12_12-54-30.png