Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Outrage, sadness as bears locked in Model 3 in 100℉ weather perish.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Viewers may find the following images distressing. In a tragic story, news outlets were alerted to a ...

They were in my glove compartment. They were of the gummy variety in an open packet and I'm sad to have to report that succumbed to the summer heat. Each bear melted inside the packet and oozed further into the compartment. My only consolation is that it was probably fast.

I have tried the "freeze them" with an upside down canister of compressed air but that was only moderately effective.
Does anyone have any advice? I mean obviously totalled. But, even so, can I buy a new inside of the glove compartment or something? Or should I just never use it again?

IMG_0691.jpeg

IMG_0692.jpeg

Viewers may find the following images distressing. In a tragic story, news outlets were alerted to a ...

They were in my glove compartment. They were of the gummy variety in an open packet and I'm sad to have to report that succumbed to the summer heat. Each bear melted inside the packet and oozed further into the compartment. My only consolation is that it was probably fast.

I have tried the "freeze them" with an upside down canister of compressed air but that was only moderately effective.
Does anyone have any advice? I mean obviously totalled. But, even so, can I buy a new inside of the glove compartment or something? Or should I just never use it again?

View attachment 965111
View attachment 965110

Unlike it's fellow genus companions, like the polar, grizzly, or black , the gummy population has really been exploding out of control in recent decades.
So I'd say you did everyone a favor by reducing the gummy population in the wild.
But they clearly couldn't handle being held in captivity.
Hopefully there aren't any PETA members that see this thread. ;)

You’d better clean it up quick. I’m sure someone reading this has already reported it to the ASPCA and the local authorities. Maybe even WeightWatchers.

Gummy Bears are essentially sugar and gelatin. Both are readily dissolvable in water. In some cars you can actually take the glove box out relatively easily. I don’t know if Tesla is in this category, though. I’d start with a bucket of warm/hot water and a sponge. And be thankful it wasn’t chocolate!

The subject line is so click-baity. Perform gumicide in a 1993 Honda Civic (in ways far more adventerous than this) and it won't even make a roll of charmin. However alledge that it occured in a Model 3 and it makes front page news on the forum.

It really is (thread title is clickbaity). As most regular members know, In general, I dont particularly like (to put it mildly) clickbait thread titles. This one was so clever (and harmless) that I had a good laugh about it, though, rofl.

It really is (thread title is clickbaity). As most regular members know, In general, I dont particularly like (to put it mildly) clickbait thread titles. This one was so clever (and harmless) that I had a good laugh about it, though, rofl.
agree. I usually put click bait posters on ignore since I figure they keep doing it and I don't care for it.

Reactions: outdoors