Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20190422-toronto-garbage-overflow.jpg-resize_then_crop-_frame_bg_color_FFF-h_1365-gravity_center-q_70-preserve_ratio_true-w_2048_.webp

Source (Toronto is really frustrated with overflowing garbage bins)
Look familiar? Overflowing garbage cans are inconvenient for citizens to use and look at, an annoyance for city workers, and increase the amount of litter we experience.

Im working on a project to solve this issue, and would love if you guys (being smart, innovation adopters) would be check out my proposed solution. If you end up liking the idea please vote at the challenge link, it will help out a fair bit. You have to register (takes 1 min) but you don't have to opt in to any emails.
Lora Platform for Waste Bin Monitoring - Keysight IoT Innovation Challenge

I would love to hear your thoughts on such an idea, this type of solution can also be converted to many other use cases. Looking forward to the discussion :)
Cheers.

Interesting concept. One limitation with the proposed solution is that it would only work for trashcans that have a lid. Many of the public trashcans that I see are simply open on top.

Second time I've run across LoRaWAN in the last couple weeks. I think the previous instance was a video that came across my feed on YouTube. Very interesting communication network. I should learn more about it.