Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
299F5716-E59B-4140-A6D3-420E74C2C754.jpeg
1B827CC1-584F-4223-8CEB-CB090B5D80DF.jpeg

Waiting for my 2015 S85D, put down the payment on 4/14/19 and got my funding check on 4/16/19. Hope it's delivered soon without any of the issues I've been reading about. The ad says the car is in the bay area, so what takes so long to get to Fremont? Of course sales person says nothing, haven't heard from him for days. Pictures didn't show any flaws but who knows what I'll see in person, hopefully updates coming soon.

Reactions: rafacq
Took delivery early February of a CPO 2015 85D.

Arrived at the delivery center saw the car and saw so many dents and scratches not shown on the photos in the listing. Luckily I emailed the sales advisor asking if the car had any dents, scratches, etc. (During the buying stage) He said car was completely clean and if otherwise they would be fixed free of charge.

After a month in the body shop all was fixed and looked brand new on the exterior.

I wanted all work done because I had a plan of what I wanted my S to look like and I can say it's finally done and share with you all

Enjoy some before and after pics. Interior was also wrapped to match exterior but I'll post in another thread and I reached the max limit of pics haha!

View attachment 398917 View attachment 398918 View attachment 398919 View attachment 398920 View attachment 398921 View attachment 398932 View attachment 398933 View attachment 398934
Very nice, I'll be getting those wheels in the future.

Took delivery early February of a CPO 2015 85D.

Arrived at the delivery center saw the car and saw so many dents and scratches not shown on the photos in the listing. Luckily I emailed the sales advisor asking if the car had any dents, scratches, etc. (During the buying stage) He said car was completely clean and if otherwise they would be fixed free of charge.

After a month in the body shop all was fixed and looked brand new on the exterior.

I wanted all work done because I had a plan of what I wanted my S to look like and I can say it's finally done and share with you all

Enjoy some before and after pics. Interior was also wrapped to match exterior but I'll post in another thread and I reached the max limit of pics haha!

View attachment 398917 View attachment 398918 View attachment 398919 View attachment 398920 View attachment 398921 View attachment 398932 View attachment 398933 View attachment 398934
Can I ask how long for you to get delivery from the time you put down deposit? I ordered a S85D also and I'm going on day 8, still no delivery and ad says it's a bay area car.

Can I ask how long for you to get delivery from the time you put down deposit? I ordered a S85D also and I'm going on day 8, still no delivery and ad says it's a bay area car.

Down payment was paid on 1/21 and then pickup was 1/26 so about 5 days after the down payment. Mine was located in the bay area also.

Side note, Car went into the body shop 1/31and finally picked up 2/27

An update to my previous postings: I've found a ton of issues with my recent CPO purchase (multiple windshield chips, missing splash shield bolts, damaged splash shield, taillight condensation, clicking steering wheel, wrong wheels/tires on car at delivery, nail in tire from delivery, faulty contactors led to no acceleration, hood chips and bumper damage not included in initial pictures). I got so frustrated that I asked about a refund.

Yesterday I got a call saying the refund is approved but they won't reimburse me for the accessories I bought from them, my flight to pick up the car from SF or my wasted time or having to borrow cars just to get to work.

To their credit most of the issues have been fixed (except the splash shield damage and cosmetic stuff like hood chips) but I've barely driven the car I bought 6 weeks ago. The car is a P85D with the plus suspension and it has the rear facing seats which are essential for me with 4 kids. It also has a brand new (chip free) windshield and new satin black Arachnid wheels. I'm not seeing many performance cars with a 3rd row under 50k any more.

My options include just taking the refund and learning my lesson, or hiring a lawyer and going the legal route (which I don't particularly want to do) or per the sales advisor I could keep the car, and he said he'd get all the minor stuff fixed as well and he would try and get compensation for my wasted time. I am leaning towards the 3rd option but I don't know if that's wise any more and I am unsure how much compensation they would offer. Thoughts?

As of today I still have not received my car, after paying down payment on 4/14/19. Service advisor keeps telling me that he's waiting for the 3rd party trucking company to give an ETA. My question to him is if this is a bay area car then why does a trucking company have to deliver it. No answer just please be patience until I get an ETA, so now frustration is extreme. Next I asked how about if I just go pick it up myself, no answer and won't disclose where the car is located. Earlier today I get a email saying ETA is 4/29/2019, so I answer back so that means I can pick up on 4/30/19. His answer, It’s possible I am expending the request now. I will keep you updated. That was at 1030am still no response, I'm starting to wonder if the car exists or has been sold. Any suggestions on what I should do next if I don't get a clear answer by tomorrow? I feel like they should be delivering the car to my home even though it's slightly outside if the 50mile radius that they will deliver to.

As of today I still have not received my car, after paying down payment on 4/14/19. Service advisor keeps telling me that he's waiting for the 3rd party trucking company to give an ETA. My question to him is if this is a bay area car then why does a trucking company have to deliver it. No answer just please be patience until I get an ETA, so now frustration is extreme. Next I asked how about if I just go pick it up myself, no answer and won't disclose where the car is located. Earlier today I get a email saying ETA is 4/29/2019, so I answer back so that means I can pick up on 4/30/19. His answer, It’s possible I am expending the request now. I will keep you updated. That was at 1030am still no response, I'm starting to wonder if the car exists or has been sold. Any suggestions on what I should do next if I don't get a clear answer by tomorrow? I feel like they should be delivering the car to my home even though it's slightly outside if the 50mile radius that they will deliver to.

Don't I repeat don't get it delivered to your home. If you see something you don't like with the vehicle's condition, I'm assuming it will be very hard for you to make Tesla shoulder the costs. I almost made that mistake and glad I didn't

Bay Area here.
Put my first payment on Saturday and Received my car on Friday :) don't remember exact dates.
6 different people called me during the process and 2 different numbers texted me. It was weird. Never heard from them the next day :D
If only I knew process takes 1 week I would be less nervous and impatient.
First I was told I can pick up my car at Fremont deliver hub... but then I was told that is not allowed anymore and my car was delivered to me :)

Car was exactly like I was imagining it, lol, those crappy pics didn't leave me another choice :D

Few dings and small imperfections, but what I expect from a 5 year old used car :D

Car is 2014 S85 RWD 29900 miles
High fidelity sound system
air suspension
19 inch wheels
grey leather interior
tech package
premium lighting
sunroof
etc

Few days later I took my car for a service, got my drive unit replaced (due whining noise), drivers side door handle (didn't unlock the car when pressed), behind the steering wheel dash screen (air bubbles), sunroof (was making loud noises and weather strip was all messed up) and a second key, since it was missing, wheel alignment.
Took them a week. Car handles and rides like new after all fixes and all covered by a warranty...

However.... dash screen is making noises, rattling (most likely they forgot to attach one bolt when they replaced the screen) and I got a huge scratch on passenger side window... Also my air suspension and suspension in general is making loud clanking noises and rear right passenger door handle doesn't unlock the car when pressed :( ... trying to get them those things fixed... other than that, my delivery experience was flawless, no issues and everything is being sorted :)

very happy with my purchase
charged it to 100% once, got 261 miles... so 4 miles lost since 2014 :) not bad

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 3.50.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 3.50.26 PM.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Reactions: ModelX
Forgot to add my first impression...
Before I got my S85 I had a chance to drive my brother's 2016 S75D and it is day and night difference, newer teslas are much quieter, faster, seats way comfortable and overall they feel more solid compared to my 14...
While my 14 was in the shop, I got 18 loaner S75D and let my brother drive it for a day.. now he says compared to his 16 18 is way better :D lol

3 weeks later I still love my MS, especially with a new drive unit it is dead silent... didn't take her for a long road trip yet, but I know I'll be happy with free supercharges and not so much with noise, rattles :) Oh well, my next Tesla is going to be a brand new MX for sure :D

I got a Feb. 2016 S 70 a few weeks ago. It was one of the few with good pics so could see condition was good. Had home delivery and overall all went well. Took about a week. Had to have a door handle and some minor cosmetic things fixed.

Rides and drives like new. Awesome car. I also have a Model 3 and can't decide which I like more.

I ordered a 2015 85 in the middle of April from the Las Vegas site. I flew in from Oregon on 4/29 and picked it up on 4/30. The whole purchase was fairly smooth if a little nerve wracking due to not being able to see or drive the car. The photos showed no damage but were poor quality. Also, on the Uber to the dealer we got a call that the vehicle wasn't ready as they had discovered a bad sensor. They got the sensor fixed in about 2 hours and I got my first look at the car. To my relief it was totally free of damage and clean inside and out.

We made the drive from Vegas to Eugene in 2 days without incident although we hit a 40 MPH headwind outside of Vegas and had a "slow down" warning pop up on the navigation. We were due to make a Supercharger stop in Hawthorne, NV but the headwind was eating up battery faster than normal. The trip computer eventually added a Supercharger stop in Tonopah, NV to keep us from draining the battery trying to get to Hawthorne. That's a very nice feature.

The 2nd day we had a long Supercharger stop in Reno as it's a 220 mile stretch to the next Supercharger in Mt Shasta and there is a pass to go over. We charged up to 98% and got into Mt Shasta with 8% battery remaining. That route probably would not be available for a S-70 or even an S-75.

Overall, I'm very pleased with our S-85. It's a pleasure to drive and very comfortable on long trips. It has the Gen 2 seats, which I found to be firm and supportive.
IMG_20190505_093300.jpg

Reactions: rafacq and SO16