Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P Delivery -- Good News Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Way cooler than the Fremont pickup. They just had them in a parking lot.

Picked up my P3D from there today. Was there for about 3hrs from appointment start until driving away. 1hr was just waiting to be seen by a guy with the paperwork, then 2hrs on and off in finalizing the trade in and reviewing the car.

Mine had some pretty significant body damage on the rear off-side quarter panel. Will book it into the local service center to sort it out. Too excited to refuse the car.

Oh boy is this thing fun, mainly crawling around in rush hour traffic running errands, but the odd on-ramp or freeway gap puts a giant grin on my face.

I think I can hear Skyline Drive, PCH, and Highways 9, 17, 84 and 92 calling your name!

I think I can hear Skyline Drive, PCH, and Highways 9, 17, 84 and 92 calling your name!
My wife was holding on with white knuckles the last time we were up in Los Altos Hills in my GTI, I’m not sure she’ll like me very much if I unleash the P3D up there.

Incidentally, I’ve not had much opportunity to try this out in the twisties just yet, but initial gut feel is good, but more roll than the GTI. Will need some more spirited driving to confirm.

My theory is Because most people that buy it are probably the same people that can brag about the new ram and processor specs on their iphone every year while drinking their fancy craft beer that drips foam into their manly beards that are conditioned with special beard oil, all while they have no idea how to utilize it or what any of it means....millennials and the image they paint in my head are so funny...lol

My theory is Because most people that buy it are probably the same people that can brag about the new ram and processor specs on their iphone every year while drinking their fancy craft beer that drips foam into their manly beards that are conditioned with special beard oil, all while they have no idea how to utilize it or what any of it means....millennials and the image they paint in my head are so funny...lol

Tell us how you really feel! Lol

My simpler theory is that those who are getting them, are getting them "because they can", and less for the performance. I'm shocked that there aren't detailed pictures or information (measurements) of the brakes with wheels removed, and also quite shocked that there hasn't been multiple 0-60 sprints loaded to youtube. Maybe this weekend will get us the information we're looking for.

Reactions: FlyNavy01
Tell us how you really feel! Lol

My simpler theory is that those who are getting them, are getting them "because they can", and less for the performance. I'm shocked that there aren't detailed pictures or information (measurements) of the brakes with wheels removed, and also quite shocked that there hasn't been multiple 0-60 sprints loaded to youtube. Maybe this weekend will get us the information we're looking for.
My theory is that they are too busy having fun driving to think about our needs. ;) Plus it's not the weekend and it takes time to put together semi-rigorous stuff like checking acceleration.

HaHa! Yes those whacky millennials. Always with the craft beer hahaha. Yes they are the primary market for a $70,000 vehicle aren't they?

cloud.jpg

My theory is that they are too busy having fun driving to think about our needs. ;) Plus it's not the weekend and it takes time to put together semi-rigorous stuff like checking acceleration.

it's a mix of this. my dragy also does video so I'm itching to get a 0-60 video but it only works on iphone and I have android. My wife has the iphone but she's scared of tesla accelerations, so i'd have to pry her phone away for the shenanigans :p

I'll have you know that I have an android phone!!! (not millennial though)

Still no P3D, non performance upgrade, And white interior getting delivery dates right?

Waiting....
3/31/16 reservation online 10:31PM EDT
1/17/18 allowed to order 1st production version (waited)
6/27/18 ordered P3D, MCR, White interior, Aero (skipped performance 5k package/EAP/FSD)
Anyone in TX gotten a delivery date yet? I reserved on 04/02/16, ordered 07/10/18. Pearl white with black interior, PUP, no EAP. Probably will be a long while before it's ready :(

I am stuck waiting for my MVPA so I can pay for the car :(

USING it and being able to -measure- it to precise details are two entirely different things.

All these P/D deliveries.... HOW COME THERE IS NO 0-60 TESTING ON YOUTUBE?!? :p

I seriously thought that within a day or two of delivery we'd see these 0-60 times being tested on dragstrips -- not unlike the almost immediate teardown of iPhones the day or two after they hit the consumer market.

Anybody with me on this? :)

Ask YouTube and you shall receive.

More tests under the same name.

Edit: Oh, it's forkee lol.

• Helpful
Reactions: forkee and Mayhem