Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D Full Charge Miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery on dec. 20th and now have 18k miles. I get 286 miles on full charge but I wouldn't get hung up on the stated miles and would rather get an accurate KW used while taking it down to almost empty and see ho many kw's it takes to fill up. I have heard that stated miles isn't an accurate represtation of available miles.

Charged until it stopped at a Supercharger today. It stayed at 278 for quite a while before it stopped. I have 22s.....Does this change anything in regard to how they program max miles? Will try what Cowby said.

22" wheels have no effect in this case. If you're going to do this, then go slow and steady speed wise (i'd say keep it under 45 if you could) on the last 10-20% of the battery (no stomping the go pedal) before charging up to max.

Maybe not relevant, but one data point anyway. My Japanese X P100D had 437km or 272 miles when new (4Q car, January 2017 delivery). However it seems US rated is 342Wh/m per Jason and from the dash reading Japanese rated is 229Wh/km, my car has adjusted max rated range at full charge would be
437 / 229 x 342 = 292.6 miles, which is very close to 289 miles spec.

Not sure why Tesla uses different numbers for rated range.

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan
Related, somewhat.

6 rated miles less for P100D than 100D. So around 2kWh going to waste for having the P motor spec.

Anecdotally, I've seen a video where X75D and XP100D drove the same SuC leap together, at very similar speeds, and the P consumed a huge amount more. Some 20-25%.
Is this something that is common? Does the range differ more in reality than in a "typical" drive? If so I'd be interested to know what non-drag racing kind of driving would burn off more juice as ambient heat.
Thanks!