Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D Highway Passing Speed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WTF? My post was not a personal attack. Maybe you should take a closer look at Evil Twin's account. And the OP -is- a dangerous driver just by virtue of the statements he has made here.
When a post is moved due to violations of the terms, all replies and messages which quote that post (or replies to that post) are also moved, otherwise they're contextless posts. All posts moved to snippiness are not necessarily snippy themselves.

• Helpful
Reactions: MP3Mike
You like to quote stats...do a search for Porsche GT2RS and you will see 0 to 60 MPH as 2.6 seconds .....

No, I like to quote facts.

The fact is the porsche in your video ran a 3.3, not a 2.6.

NEWSFLASH SHERLOCK....real World surfaces are NOT GROOMED DRAG STRIPS. REAL WORLD TESLA P3D OWNED A PORSCHE GT2RS Driven by one of the best drivers in the World[/QUOTE[

That's great.

it has literally nothing to do with the Mercedes topic though- since that was a 2WD Porsche and the Mercedes in question are AWD like the Tesla.

....a driver that presumably knows how to launch a car.

You mean the driver who specifically tells you in the video the problem was 2WD vs AWD? :)

Real World P3D owns almost every car from a stop to 70 or 80 mph.

Yes, and I agreed with that.

But there's a few Mercedes it does not own.

Thus disproving the claim that the P3D is "much quicker" than any Mercedes.

it's factually not.

The Mercedes that can beat the P3D cost a ton more though, and I wouldn't own one personally compared to a Tesla, but they're objectively quicker.

Again if this is somehow destructive to your ego start saving your pennies for a car that's actually true of, like a P100D.

No, I like to quote facts.

The fact is the porsche in your video ran a 3.3, not a 2.6.
You're simply proving his point. What matters is that car and driver results or manufacturer results are not indicative of real-world results for ICEs because they have traction issues which are generally solved by having electric motors. Keep in mind the P3D was on the exact same surface and got closer to it's published 0-60 time.

Therefore take manufacturer or car and driver results with a grain of salt.

You're simply proving his point. What matters is that car and driver results or manufacturer results are not indicative of real-world results for ICEs because they have traction issues which are generally solved by having electric motors.

yeah....no.

The professional F1 driver he keeps citing as the expert here noted the problem was two wheel drive in the Porsche vs all wheel drive in the Tesla.

Being ICE wasn't the problem. Having half the number of tires being driven was.

The other, quicker, cars I cite are also AWD so don't have that limitation.

But if you want "dude on youtube on the street" instead of Road and Track- sure.

0-60 in 2.7 in an AWD E63 AMG Mercedes using a VBOX. He runs it twice more laying down another 2.7 and a 2.8.

(spoiler- that's quicker than a P3D- though again it's a much more expensive car. Still a Mercedes though)

When a post is moved due to violations of the terms, all replies and messages which quote that post (or replies to that post) are also moved, otherwise they're contextless posts. All posts moved to snippiness are not necessarily snippy themselves.

My post did not quote any other message but I appreciate you looking at it so closely. I'm going to take a long break from TMC. I don't like censorship.

My post did not quote any other message but I appreciate you looking at it so closely. I'm going to take a long break from TMC. I don't like censorship.
Being a mod is a thankless and annoying job. Don't let a single post deletion get to you.

yeah....no.

The professional F1 driver he keeps citing as the expert here noted the problem was two wheel drive in the Porsche vs all wheel drive in the Tesla.

But if you want "dude on youtube on the street" instead of Road and Track- sure.

0-60 in 2.7 in an AWD E63 AMG Mercedes using a VBOX. He runs it twice more laying down another 2.7 and a 2.8.

(spoiler- that's quicker than a P3D- though again it's a much more expensive car. Still a Mercedes though)
And does it require a professional driver to get that 0-60 time? A high powered RWD vehicle is very hard to launch and hit the maximum numbers. Average yokel is not going to be able to do that.

Reactions: wenkan
I recognize your dissatisfaction, but just want to say that one thing I've always liked about TMC is that posts are generally not deleted and are available for viewing at any time in the snippiness thread. I try to always note their removal in the source thread and link to the destination so that anyone curious about the content can find it. This is not how I've seen operations at many other forums, which will completely delete posts without notice.

And does it require a professional driver to get that 0-60 time? A high powered RWD vehicle is very hard to launch and hit the maximum numbers. Average yokel is not going to be able to do that.

That was my point as to why that specific Porsche was a poor car to use as a comparison.... (and why the actual professional driver in the video made the point RWD vs AWD was the issue in the race)

And why I only cited AWD Mercedes cars as quicker than the P3D. AWD requires a lot less "skill" to launch decently and indeed I included a video of an average yokel doing exactly that with such a Mercedes and ripping off back to back to back sub-3 second runs on a Vbox on a normal street.

yeah....no.

RWD or AWD drive?? REALLY?? LMAO. Ok...Porsche GT2 RS a nearly 300K car has published 0 to 60 mph stats of 2.6 seconds.....this is faster than the POS old dinosaur AMG e63 Merc. Guess what ..... the Porsche GT2 RS lost a race to 100 kph.....62 mph to a P3D that was still pulling on the Porsche . You think it’s unfair the Tesla has AWD? I couldn’t care less....the only thing I care about is the quickness that my car accelerates with when I put my foot down. Here’s a tip for you Sherlock....if you want to beat a P3D from a stop to 60mph in an old dinosaur branded ICE car.....go spend a boat load of cash on an obsolete has been ICE car, look for an optimal piece of high grip surface and be sure to get the whole launch mode thing down because if you don’t you will be completely left in the dust. My BMW F80 was completely outclassed by my P3D Tesla.....as a life long BMW fanboy it pains me to say the car is garbage compared to my Tesla. The Tesla has it all....Performance, tech and looks. The only area that the BMW was superior in oddly was media integration....and paint. The paint is subjective though...the BMW paint was more orange peely but was definitely more durable and tough. For those car enthusiast people looking to pick up a Tesla...do yourselves a favor and drive straight from delivery to drop your car off for a full PPF treatment. You’ll be happy you did.

2 wheel or 4 where drive?? REALLY?? LMAO.

Hey, it was your F1 driving expert who cited that, go tell the F1 champion how he doesn't understand how cars work I guess?

But if you wanna LOL at how physics works, knock yourself out.

Ok...Porsche GT2 RS a nearly 300K car has published 0 to 60 mph stats of 2.6 seconds.....this is faster than the POS old dinosaur AMG e63 Merc.

On a prepared race track, with racing tires, it sure is. Though only barely.

On a normal street, not so much, for reasons both I and the F1 champion driver have explained to you.

Guess what ..... the Porsche GT2 RS lost a race to 100 kph

Yes- because it's 2WD and couldn't match the traction advantage of an AWD car while on street tires on a cold/wet pier.

You know- like the video itself points out to you

The Mercedes on the other hand has AWD- hence the other video shows just a dude off the internet easily knocking off faster-than-a-P3D 0-6 times over and over again.

You think it’s unfair the Tesla has AWD? I couldn’t care less....

You think I said that? I could care a bit since you clearly need your vision checked- and shouldn't put that sort of thing off :)

the only thing I care about is the quickness that my car accelerates with when I put my foot down.

Great.

it's about 3.2 seconds to 60.

Which is slower than several Mercedes cars

Which contradicts the earlier claim otherwise.

Not just "on paper" but as shown with actual VBOX testing in a street situation, on street tires, by an amateur driver, on video.

For those car enthusiast people looking to pick up a Tesla...do yourselves a favor and drive straight from delivery to drop your car off for a full PPF treatment. You’ll be happy you did.

That's exactly what I did with my Model 3.

What I didn't do was baseless ranting on the Internet that it's quicker than much more expensive cars it's objectively not quicker than however- like a couple Mercedes sell as an example.

and they say I'm snippy...
Cold wet pier...??? The guy jumps in the waterI don’t think it was too cold. The VBOX video doesn’t show an actual race against a P3D so it’s not relevant. The video in fact shows a Porsche GT2RS, one of the fastest cars that Porsche makes, getting spanked by a P3D. AWD vs RWD....pointless...the Tesla wins...so it has AWD ... your point is? Some folks like you enjoy quoting stats from rags like “Car and Driver” and such...does anyone actually read this stuff anymore? Companies deliver “prepped” cars to Car and Driver and Motortrend... Real World stats are much more relevant. It’s telling to see a Formula 1 great in his Porsche GT2RS get spanked by a P3D then go enjoy driving the Tesla. You can see how impressed Nico was with the P3D. P3D gets another 5% peak HP soon and will be even quicker. BTW...what spec Model 3 do you have? P3D next to an AMG e63 Dino mobile is relevant...stats from some YouTube goofball or Car and Driver stats not so much......Meh.....

Cold wet pier...??? The guy jumps in the waterI don’t think it was too cold.

And yet they do an edit almost immediately after saying filming was stopped to prevent hypothermia...it's almost like you didn't bother to watch or understand most of it.

The VBOX video doesn’t show an actual race against a P3D so it’s not relevant.

...wait.... do you think that having a Tesla near a car being measured on a VBOX impacts the time it runs?

Maybe you should not be trying to have a complex discussion on how...well...anything...works...

Anyway, back in reality it clearly shows the AWD Mercedes running times significantly quicker than a P3D is capable of. Over and over.

And it's not like you can't find plenty of other sources showing the same thing.

You just seem utterly uninterested in actual facts.

The video in fact shows a Porsche GT2RS

Quick ProTip since you seem unaware- Porsche isn't made by Mercedes.

So it's even less relevant than my video of an actual mercedes for the discussion of if there are Mercedes cars quicker than a P3D

(Spoiler: there are)

AWD vs RWD....pointless

Obviously not. And the F1 champion in the video doesn't think so either.

Again your understanding of how cars, or even basic physics...works seems....lacking.

your point is?

That this statement:

PS. The P3D is so much quicker than ANY Mercedes from a stop

is factually wrong

Your inability to accept such facts notwithstanding.

Some folks like you enjoy quoting stats from rags like “Car and Driver” and such

Are you talking to yourself now?

you are the one who kept insisting that Porsche runs 0-60 in 2.6 seconds while also offering as evidence a video showing it running 3.3

Meanwhile I showed you a video showing an actual mercedes running it in 2.7, 2.7, and then 2.8.

(Spoiler: all 3 times are "much quicker" than ANY P3D.)

Companies deliver “prepped” cars to Car and Driver and Motortrend... Real World stats are much more relevant.

Yes, and the real world video I showed, of a normal guy, with a stock Mercedes, on street tires and a street surface, showed it running times "much quicker" than ANY P3D.

Which fact are you still not understanding, specifically?

The P3D is fast. It is NOT faster than ANY Mercedes from a stop. End of argument:

upload_2019-3-20_14-51-10.png

Now you can go ahead and qualify your remark with "stock Mercedes" or "consumer Mercedes" and let the debate begin anew.... :)
The Mercedes was NOT RACING AGAINST A P3D......DIFFERENT CONDITIONS. Dude...what’s with the 3 page quotes.... the direct meaningful comparison was the Porsche GT2RS lined up with a F1 driver against a normal dude driving a stock P3D. The Porsche is dealing with the same exact conditions as the Tesla...except that it’s being launched by one of the best drivers in the World and it gets spanked. Deal with it. The P3D will becomes even quicker when it receives a 5% boost to peak HP. WHAT MODEL 3 Do you OWN ??????