Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D white interior (no performance upgrade package) VIN updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$11k is not worth it to me for just a power upgrade. Especially since it appears to be almost entirely software. Who knows, maybe Tesla will offer an upgrade later for a lower price :p
It's funny that I was willing to pay $11k in order to pay $1.5k for the white interior. I really hate dark interiors!
Hmmm Well, isn’t the federal tax credit of $7500 being delivered by dec going to offset the $11k as opposed to awd possibly being delivered after January 1st ? Hence only $3750 credit ?!

• Informative
Reactions: Garlan Garner
Hmmm Well, isn’t the federal tax credit of $7500 being delivered by dec going to offset the $11k as opposed to awd possibly being delivered after January 1st ? Hence only $3750 credit ?!
That would make me sad :( and was another reason I order the performance before we found out the tax credit would be available until the end of the year. I'm hoping they meet their 2-4 month window! Maybe getting the white interior will give me an edge!

• Love
Reactions: Sg911
After agonizing over if I should go down to AWD or all the way up to full performance....I went up. I was going to change the wheels and tires to 19s , add a spoiler and red brake caliper covers. After all that I would be in for close to $3200 and have a spare set of wheels and tires I'd never use. For "just" $1800 more I have a top of the line car. In the 25 years of my driving and the 10+ new cars I've bought only one hasn't been top of the line.... And I got rid of it after 2 months. I've been saving for this car since I first heard rumors of it back in 2014. My original delivery estimate was August to October. I'm now September to November. Kinda hoping it's even earlier.

Red Performance with Performance upgrade and white interior.

3/31/2016 reservation
1/17/18 invite (already have an X)
5/24/18 AWD order
6/26/18 Performance order
7/24/18 Performance + order

After agonizing over if I should go down to AWD or all the way up to full performance....I went up. I was going to change the wheels and tires to 19s , add a spoiler and red brake caliper covers. After all that I would be in for close to $3200 and have a spare set of wheels and tires I'd never use. For "just" $1800 more I have a top of the line car. In the 25 years of my driving and the 10+ new cars I've bought only one hasn't been top of the line.... And I got rid of it after 2 months. I've been saving for this car since I first heard rumors of it back in 2014. My original delivery estimate was August to October. I'm now September to November. Kinda hoping it's even earlier.

Red Performance with Performance upgrade and white interior.

3/31/2016 reservation
1/17/18 invite (already have an X)
5/24/18 AWD order
6/26/18 Performance order
7/24/18 Performance + order
Excellent choice.

Bumping this thread in hopes that someone has gotten news!

Still no word on my 4/1 reservation and 6/27 config in the Midwest.

Red exterior, white interior and performance with aeros (no upgrade)
Nope, still crickets. Orders for performance upgrades package with black interior and non-upgrades cars with white interior don't seem to have moved yet... just white interior with upgrades and black interior without upgrades.

Nope, still crickets. Orders for performance upgrades package with black interior and non-upgrades cars with white interior don't seem to have moved yet... just white interior with upgrades and black interior without upgrades.

My order of a white on white P3 + performance upgrade on 6/27 has not gained any momentum. I still have the old account page.....

Tesla seems to be batching VINs according to specific configurations. In particular, I noticed that PAWDs with 20in wheels have VINs in the 55xxx range whereas same exact configuration with 18in aeros are randomly distributed in the 6xxxx-7xxxx range ( I am taking delivery tomorrow of PAWD with 20in wheels VIN 55444). There is no correlation of build dates between ranges (a VIN 55xxx is as likely to have been built after VIN 7xxxx), a friend of mine that is an engineer at Tesla has been working the tent AWD assembly line for last two weeks, and he confirms that chassises are assigned in batches, so don't get all in a tizzy if you think you don't have a "fresh" VIN.

Seems like P3D invites hit a wall the last week or so. Definitely no movement on the no performance upgrade ones. The google form shows all May orders filled (ignoring the few that probably have come back)
Most 6/26 seemed to have been addressed so should see another round soon!

line waiter, 7/2 order, current owner. Silver with white, aeros here.

So how long has it been that they've been sticking to these configs? I believe on the call they say they build all the P cars in the tent - straight line from beginning to end. Seems like they should be switching it up any day now...right? ;)

With RWD orders essentially completely caught up and over half of all orders being AWD, I think it is more likely that they switch over a whole other line to AWD very soon. At that point we should see a wider range of batches and they will start ripping through the orders.

If the AWD demand is what they stated on the call, there is just no other option than to shift at least half production to that.

With RWD orders essentially completely caught up and over half of all orders being AWD, I think it is more likely that they switch over a whole other line to AWD very soon. At that point we should see a wider range of batches and they will start ripping through the orders.

If the AWD demand is what they stated on the call, there is just no other option than to shift at least half production to that.

There's a few different threads on this; I've been trying to read the tea leaves from the spreadsheet reports:

I posted at slightly more length here, but my current speculation from the spreadsheet is:

GA4 is producing only P+ with only white.
GAp is producing AWD and P- with only black.
GAq is producing only LR with only black.
GAr is producing only LR with only black.

I reserved a week before public since SpaceX employee (3/24/16 I think?). I bought a 100D, but kept my reservation to see what the M3P would spec out at. I pulled the trigger a week or two after the P was avail.

Model 3 Performance (No Performance Upgrade)
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
18’’ Aero Wheels
Premium White Interior
Enhanced Autopilot

I was screwing around with the config between payment options and finally put in "cash" one night and it locked my "edit design" function. That was about 10 days ago. I tracked down a DS yesterday and he was able to change my color to MSM and also change it back to Tesla Financing. I was then able to submit my credit app (which didn't populate when it was selected as such two weeks ago).

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911