Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85+ Black/Black. Just Picked Up in Austin - It's Amazing!! (Pics)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, just had inspection done. Now I'm starting understand the 'star' power of the S.

Pulled in, 3 people in waiting room started to come out, pictures, chatted the whole time guy was going the inspection, and then guy doing the inspection wanted his pic taken, etc.

Driving home, one guy in an Audi whipped his head around and almost slammed on his brakes.
Had first 'race'--newer stripped down Camero, got funny at a light, so just floored it and I was gone.
Came up to to next light and he just shaking his head up and down in defeat.

I know these are everyday occurrences, but wow that was fun :biggrin:

Forgot to post the goodies they gave me yesterday as well...

BB7F1268-5F87-42FC-8514-7D1FE70C53E4-6058-00000324D77EBD6D_zpse7acd802.jpg

First charge today! Adios Chevron :biggrin:

E4C7BEC9-2B20-4E2E-96F0-100B217A677E-6058-00000326A36CDDF0_zps83c66d85.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations! It looks amazing! So how many miles did you put in the first day? :)

23 days is just incredible. I remember reading your posts the day you ordered. It seems like just yesterday.

My 2 month wait is going to seem like forever...

Last edited:
Whoa, they really keep the EU and US configurations separate by a lot. In EU if you go with S85 you can't get performance seats or cabon fiber or spoilers. When you upgrade to P85 you get by default the performance seats, spoiler and CF trim option free of charge (hehe) and as I had air suspension and leather already selected at the S85 the difference to P85 was 8700 eur or ~12k usd. We don't have the extended leather options nor a yacht floor option (might mean it's default, no clue). So a number of options are only available at the higher tier that you don't even know about until you switch (the configurator resets when you swap between standard and performance as they claim they're not compatible). Interesting, is there any real difference between the perf and standard leather seats except the red trim? better cushion?

Wow awesome Car and pics ... thanks for posting .... that is such a sweet car. I love the defeated Camero :)

Okay add a Vette and a A6 to the list tonight coming back from dinner. A6 took off and I just could NOT resist--passed him like he was standing still...oh I was laughing soo hard. Vette was while driving doing the tease, and I just said adios. IT's sad because I normally would NEVER do this, but the Tesla MAKES you :redface:

Thanks guys--it's been a fun 24 hours...

Still looking good after all of the non-sense. Tint at 9AM tomorrow:
48dd8060-3a6e-443a-99b0-f31f9e67fb6e_zps0d92ab0d.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, just had inspection done. Now I'm starting understand the 'star' power of the S.

Pulled in, 3 people in waiting room started to come out, pictures, chatted the whole time guy was going the inspection, and then guy doing the inspection wanted his pic taken, etc.

Driving home, one guy in an Audi whipped his head around and almost slammed on his brakes.
Had first 'race'--newer stripped down Camero, got funny at a light, so just floored it and I was gone.
Came up to to next light and he just shaking his head up and down in defeat.

I know these are everyday occurrences, but wow that was fun :biggrin:
It never gets old, think of it as a "sales pitch" to promote Tesla! I played with a Maserati Sunday, too fun!

I can't wait.

The New Quattroporte is a fun car. But keep your S, as you'll need a back up when Maserati is in shop :biggrin:

Side note, the Retro stations on TuneIn are awesome--Slacker is not great, but over XM--much better.
Lol, by played I meant showed him how fast a Tesla is...

If you upgrade to a Premium Slacker account you can create your own playlists and sign in to use them. You can't create playlists from the car, though... and if you add songs or playlists you have to log out and back in from the car to update. I find that option makes Slacker a lot better!

Congrats Tex.
You are right, more than 800 posts before receiving the car... Pretty obsessive. So I expect even greater things from you now.
Sounds like you had some fun with her already. Love the black (wonder why). I had mine tinted 5 days ago. Looks bad ass now. Today was the first day I could open my windows again.
Tomorrow I will be in the shop. They will finally replace my front passenger door panel, remember?
I also got a friend very interested after a test drive. I think he will be getting one now.
Enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, by played I meant showed him how fast a Tesla is...

If you upgrade to a Premium Slacker account you can create your own playlists and sign in to use them. You can't create playlists from the car, though... and if you add songs or playlists you have to log out and back in from the car to update. I find that option makes Slacker a lot better!
Awesome--will do. New Order, Depeche. Simple Minds, etc deserves great radio. Love it--thanks!

Congrats Tex.
You are right, more than 800 posts before receiving the car... Pretty obsessive. So I expect even greater things from you now.
Sounds like you had some fun with her already. Love the black (wonder why). I had mine tinted 5 days ago. Looks bad ass now. Today was the first day I could open my windows again.
Tomorrow I will be in the shop. They will finally replace my front passenger door panel, remember?
I also got a friend very interested after a test drive. I think he will be getting one now.
Enjoy!

Sweet! Need to frame the illustrious panel :biggrin: