Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 modded to be a P85 w/Ludicrous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You DO realize that this officially makes you the first real Tesla tuner, right? Obliviously someone like Brabus or Renntech or APR should partner with you. Should be a nice business moving forward.

or he could start his own company...he's known well enough throughout the tesla community.

maybe he can start fiddling with Chevy Bolt's, Nissan Leaf's, etc...! :D

Reactions: Whistle2Whine
I would think that he would want to stay away from modules outside of the battery pack for a daily driver. He's bold, but he's no idiot.
I'm thibking proof of concept not daily driver yet.
Like WK's post with his salvage S running a pack from the trunk through his custom controller but this time using the trunk pack and the main pack.
Can be the first 400 mile Tesla!

what does a "stock" p85 do on that same dyno?

90% or greater and warm battery typically about 430 at the wheels.

Jason's 550+ hp at the wheels is more than the combined output of my P85D ludicrous so his car would kill me in a passing maneuver.

Jason, did you log the power from the battery? How many KWs?

Edit: Ahh, should have looked back a few posts. 456KW. That's the same peak battery power that my P85DL makes but you're still pulling more hp from your rear drive unit than I am combined from both motors by 30 or so hp.

Which dyno did you use? Was it by any chance a Dynojet?

Last edited:
90% or greater and warm battery typically about 430 at the wheels.

Jason's 550+ hp at the wheels is more than the combined output of my P85D ludicrous so his car would kill me in a passing maneuver.

Jason, did you log the power from the battery? How many KWs?

Edit: Ahh, should have looked back a few posts. 456KW. That's the same peak battery power that my P85DL makes but you're still pulling more hp from your rear drive unit than I am combined from both motors by 30 or so hp.

Which dyno did you use? Was it by any chance a Dynojet?

Not 100% sure what kind of dyno it is... check the video, it has some labels on it like "Superflow" or something.

And yeah, this car definitely feels like it has more passing power than my P85D had. I need to get out and do some more actual road testing since I installed the 90 pack, but haven't had time. I've driven it quite a bit since, though, and it's awesome.

Unsure how I'll go about offering this as a mod for others, but I definitely would like to. It's just not going to be cheap, unfortunately, and poof goes the warranty and firmware updates... so, you're going to have to *really* want it before taking that plunge.

Not 100% sure what kind of dyno it is... check the video, it has some labels on it like "Superflow" or something.

And yeah, this car definitely feels like it has more passing power than my P85D had. I need to get out and do some more actual road testing since I installed the 90 pack, but haven't had time. I've driven it quite a bit since, though, and it's awesome.

Unsure how I'll go about offering this as a mod for others, but I definitely would like to. It's just not going to be cheap, unfortunately, and poof goes the warranty and firmware updates... so, you're going to have to *really* want it before taking that plunge.
I would deffently want this the only problem I would have is not being able to have firmware up grades is there any way u could get around the system using a small computer like a raspberry pi that u could plug in when u wanted to use it and maybe upgrade it over the Internet

Just some ideals for you ,not even sure if it is possible but if you could hook a raspberry pi to it maybe you could program other features like video play in Safari and maybe access to all the options that the service center has (like a jailbreak)As for other hardwear you could make it were you cold switch out old parts when you take it in for service