Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific NW - Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am delighted to see the pending SC deployments on the East side of the Columbia Gorge (The Dalles, Oregon ?) and the one in Montana. My guess based on the map the Montana dot represents Billings. Also I am very disappointed to see the Oregon Trail, I-84, across Eastern Oregon and Southern Idaho to Salt Lake City fall off the 2014 target list.

Also the SC team must have gone to lunch in Europe. Lots of dots are showing up there. Overall the total SC locations continues to climb about 10 per month, so I think they are working their tails off.

Yes, You are right, it looks like Billings where 90 and 94 split.

- - - Updated - - -

I would definitely drive I90 and I84. From Seattle, Sun Valley requires I84 and Yellowstone Park, I90. Plus, I really want to do a transcontinental trip and that requires I90 (and perhaps some I94).

It's interesting that they seem to have dropped I84 completely from the 2014 map. This kind of sucks but, as usuall, the SC team is pretty much winging it on anything more than 6 months out.

I am very disappointed to see the Oregon Trail, I-84, across Eastern Oregon and Southern Idaho to Salt Lake City fall off the 2014 target list.

I hear the Oregon Trail is treacherous going.

the-oregon-trail-wagon-fire.jpg

Also I am very disappointed to see the Oregon Trail, I-84, across Eastern Oregon and Southern Idaho to Salt Lake City fall off the 2014 target list.

Frustrated with this one...was looking forward to taking the car to visit my parents in Salt Lake, as well as Southern Utah (Moab, Zions, Bryce, etc.). Argh! Guess it's fly and rent for a few more years.

Also, been trying to convince a friend in Boise to buy a Model S, and one of his complaints is no superchargers at all in the vicinity--impossible to get to anywhere and connect in. Now I'm sure he's out as well.

I was looking forward to taking a western mountain loop from Rapid City to the Grand Canyon, up through Moab and home through Boise. Guess that's not going to happen for a lot longer now.

Postponing Boise would be a mistake. We have been talking up the Model S to Micron employees for over 2 years now. Their stock options are buying new Porsches and the like now. They had a very good year.

Postponing Boise would be a mistake. We have been talking up the Model S to Micron employees for over 2 years now. Their stock options are buying new Porsches and the like now. They had a very good year.

I am bummed about the western I-84 delay as well. But I did get that intention confirmed by a well-placed Tesla person. We will not see that route open up until next year.

+1 the SC's will come, probably faster than you think. TM has stated that new cars in a region drives additional sales in the region and more cars == more SC's. So by purchasing a vehicle you are increasing the likelihood of the SC's you want appearing sooner rather than later.