Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific NW - Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to think that a couple Superchargers at the intersection of Hwy 18 and 1-90 would be a coup for those that are travelling from the East.

Once they get over Snoqualmie Pass they could charge at the town Snoqualmie (or North Bend) and head straight to Centralia via Hwy 18 or straight to Burlington via 405 a few miles down the road. This way, the Eastbound people that want to go south would be able to miss all the Seattle and Tacoma Traffic. The Eastbound 90 to Burlington people would be able to bypass Seattle too.

v12 I agree. North Bend would be my choice as it would allow multiple options for those heading North. One could choose to go N. Bend to Snoqualamie and on to Fall City or take I90 to Hwy 18 if headed either South or North or continue on and exit at Preston and head North there.

We could really use some Highway 101 super chargers. Maybe Lincoln City and Coos Bay. That cover almost everything reachable from one of the I5 cut overs (from Eugene, Salem, or Portland).

Lincoln City seems the best bet initially, since it has the outlet malls and it's one of the bigger tourist/attraction/population centers.

v12 I agree. North Bend would be my choice as it would allow multiple options for those heading North. One could choose to go N. Bend to Snoqualamie and on to Fall City or take I90 to Hwy 18 if headed either South or North or continue on and exit at Preston and head North there.

In the mean time my HPWC is sitting entirely unused (at least until the 85D comes) just off exit 34. I know 20kW isn't the same as 120kW. But maybe people can get enough charge to make it to Centralia.

It's been listed on Plugshare since September but nobody else has used it yet.

The time is ripe for Superchargers in North Bend, WA. They are putting in a new Hotel kitty-corner from the outlet mall. The Mountain View complex, where the most restaurants and general stores with longer hours are, is located directly across the street from the place where they broke ground for the new hotel. The Mountain View complex is begging for lease customers. Vast amounts of parking too. (It is the huge complex where the Safeway is.)

People from S I-5 could go straight from Centralia Supechargers to I-90 near North Bend via Hwy 18. I think that the people coming from N I-5 could go straight from the Burlington SC to North Bend via 405 and I-90. There would be a similar advantage for Eastbound I-90 traffic. It would take a lot of stress out of the mountain pass unpredictability.

Seattle could be avoided (Tacoma too) for those headed to Portland. Seattle could be avoided for those headed to Canada, and vice vera.

Driving cross country in June to volunteer at the US Golf Open at Chambers Bay near Tacoma. I'm a little concerned about charging both in WY and eastern WA. What have people heard about Supercharges in that area?

The Coeur d'Alene SC will be done in a few weeks so that leaves just 2 WY locations missing. Hopefully Sheridian is coming by June, so you would have just the Gillette stop to worry about and there are a couple of RV parks in Gillette. So, if you planned your nightly stops right you can make this route pretty easy with just one night sleeping in the car at the RV park in Gillette.

Please let the Supercharger team know of your need to bridge the Wyoming gap. Email them.

The time is ripe for Superchargers in North Bend, WA. They are putting in a new Hotel kitty-corner from the outlet mall. The Mountain View complex, where the most restaurants and general stores with longer hours are, is located directly across the street from the place where they broke ground for the new hotel. The Mountain View complex is begging for lease customers. Vast amounts of parking too. (It is the huge complex where the Safeway is.)

People from S I-5 could go straight from Centralia Supechargers to I-90 near North Bend via Hwy 18. I think that the people coming from N I-5 could go straight from the Burlington SC to North Bend via 405 and I-90. There would be a similar advantage for Eastbound I-90 traffic. It would take a lot of stress out of the mountain pass unpredictability.

Seattle could be avoided (Tacoma too) for those headed to Portland. Seattle could be avoided for those headed to Canada, and vice vera.

There is a new eVgo CHAdeMO charger currently under construction at the North Bend Outlet Mall, just a few steps away from the future hotel (see plugshare for details). So if you have the adapter this should help quite a bit for the Centralia - Ellensburg via SR18 trip, particularly in the winter. Seems to be a single charger though.