Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific NW - Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure where in the warren of folders and sub folders I read this but a SC installer was reported to have said that the SC at Detroit OR was under construction...I can report that indeed the construction is well underway. The frames for six lanes are in place and power cabinets are being installed.

I find this SC location puzzling. It is well off the main north/south route for the West Coast. It is not on a major east/west route.

It's great for people in Bend who want to go to Salem, but Bend is a small town.

The head of Superchargers (Kevin K) was in Seattle recently, and confirmed that Ellensburg would be done by the end of 2013.
"This just in. Tesla is taking preorders for their extended 2013 wall calendar, which includes a few new months like Thirteenary and Fourteenary. Initial reports are sketchy regarding exactly how many months they are adding." -- sources say

"This just in. Tesla is taking preorders for their extended 2013 wall calendar, which includes a few new months like Thirteenary and Fourteenary. Initial reports are sketchy regarding exactly how many months they are adding." -- sources say
I have it on good authority from a friend who knows some one that has cousin that works at Tesla. They said each month also has 92 days.

According to the minutes of the Ellensburg Utility committee meeting (10-8-13), the Superchargers will be installed at the Holiday Inn Express.

They also have decided to pull the current Roadster HPC out and put it into surplus by the end of the year or whenever the SC is operational. That kind of sucks considering how much it cost to install. Also, it is located right in the middle of town near several decent restaurants. I guess the town is paying for the power. They noted that it used 500+ KW in a recent month; which probably cost the city less than $50. Of course they didn't evaluate the 30 or 40 hours that were spent in their town waiting for the cars to charge.

There is another meeting scheduled for 11-12-13 that might update that issue.

http://ci.ellensburg.wa.us/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/1321

Ahem...

Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 4.14.15 PM.png

- - - Updated - - -

Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 4.27.01 PM.png

Looks like a Taco del Mar and a Starbucks at least

Last edited:
That Seattle supercharger on the map

Asked the very nice service rep at the new Seattle Service Center yesterday about when they were getting a supercharger. The answer was exactly what her boss had given me two months ago: they were still looking into "lots of possible sites." But, yes, the junction of I-90 and I-5 was a obvious choice.

Checked out the electrical permits last week. Nada.