Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Painters tape for front end?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ebmcs03

Dec 22, 2017
So Cal
I have a long road trip coming LA to SF. Was wondering if anyone tried covering up the front bumper with painters tape. Does it interfere with EAP?

I did not get a car bra. Or a clear bra. With all the bugs and rocks going up th 5 freeways. Is it ok to use painters tape and not interfere with EAP sensors?

• Disagree
Reactions: jfrieden
Yeah, you see lots of high end cars at track days doing it. Probably will give you some protection (while looking as JeffK describes LOL). Not sure how it would affect the sensors.

It's rather sticky though, and all those air molecules sticking to it will likely cost you some range!

z4_041010.jpg
Here is a pic of my Z4 coupe at the track with the clear shelf liner wrap on it. I put it on in a hurry before driving from San Diego to Vegas for the track event and wasn't too concerned with bubbles. I added extra protection to the headlights using blue tape.

View attachment 319780 Here is a pic of my Z4 coupe at the track with the clear shelf liner wrap on it. I put it on in a hurry before driving from San Diego to Vegas for the track event and wasn't too concerned with bubbles. I added extra protection to the headlights using blue tape.
The Z4 on the door was a nice touch. Gives a "bespoke artisanal luxury" air to it.