Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panic buying!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
70CBD74F-A0E6-4461-80EA-6FBFA21D0D2E.jpeg

1970 petrol 1s 3d per gallon. Beer 1s 3d per pint (6 1/4p)
1972/3 Middle East threatened to cut oil supplies. Didn't happen although coupons issued by Government. Car sharing became a big thing.
No way was petrol that cheap per gallon 1970. I recall paying something like 5s6d/gall with my first moped 1967...(but that included a pump of 2-stroke oil)
fortunately, I was a reserve occupation during subsequent petrol shortages circa 1973 and again somewhere around the early 90's?
Annoyingly, i usually keep 2 jerrycans of petrol about the place for my assorted chainsaws and small mower and meant to restock last week. The big mower runs on red so that's OK

No way was petrol that cheap per gallon 1970. I recall paying something like 5s6d/gall with my first moped 1967...(but that included a pump of 2-stroke oil)
fortunately, I was a reserve occupation during subsequent petrol shortages circa 1973 and again somewhere around the early 90's?
Annoyingly, i usually keep 2 jerrycans of petrol about the place for my assorted chainsaws and small mower and meant to restock last week. The big mower runs on red so that's OK
1971 was 4 gallons for a quid. That filled my Morris Minor.

The M3 has electrons for 260 miles.
Do you think there will be an electron shortage, should I keep the electron tank full????

Only joking...

As has been said, 18 months of Covid restrictions, listening to Government and following all forms of media seem to have made the great unwashed even less able to think for themselves. We really need to get a grip!

As has been said, 18 months of Covid restrictions, listening to Government and following all forms of media seem to have made the great unwashed even less able to think for themselves. We really need to get a grip!

Before covid people phoned the police when KFC ran out.

We're always stupid, nothing to do with following media and listening to government.

BP certainly played a blinder to create and leverage hysteria to ensure that visas were extended to lorry drivers. Brexit issues have been masked until now because of the pandemic. I appreciate everyone is entitled to their views but I really cannot see the logic. The ’send them home’ rhetoric is coming back to bite them. So not only are they now having to make changes to allow workers back into the country, at a premium, but everyone is suffering higher prices and shortages as a result. Still as long as we have our sovereignty though🤔

A few month back I started the thread ‘Packed Superchargers’. You can imagine my smug grin now when I drive past the petrol station (if some idiots are not blocking the road queuing). No trucks needed to deliver my electrons to my Tesla or Leaf.
They should use that for EV adverts. Show people queuing up and then blend over to a guy sleeping with the comment ‘He fills up his car right now’.

BP certainly played a blinder to create and leverage hysteria to ensure that visas were extended to lorry drivers. Brexit issues have been masked until now because of the pandemic. I appreciate everyone is entitled to their views but I really cannot see the logic. The ’send them home’ rhetoric is coming back to bite them. So not only are they now having to make changes to allow workers back into the country, at a premium, but everyone is suffering higher prices and shortages as a result. Still as long as we have our sovereignty though🤔
… and don’t forget the blue passports and that we can use pint, ounces, furlong, rods again 😜

Im sorry to divert a bit but to be fair, there are no shortages of lorry/hgv drivers in the UK. Its just that most of them rather work in warehouses and the likes for less hassle and similar if not more money and who can blame them?? Importing cheap labour is not the answer to this crisis imho.

Im sorry to divert a bit but to be fair, there are no shortages of lorry/hgv drivers in the UK. Its just that most of them rather work in warehouses and the likes for less hassle and similar if not more money and who can blame them?? Importing cheap labour is not the answer to this crisis imho.

On that subject this morning I talked to our Postie. He has an HGC 2 but gave it up after 3 years because he said that unless you are a tramp, living in the cab, the pay is poor and even as a Tramper the lifestyle is terrible. He gets paid more as a rural postie.

We pay Tube and Train drivers up to £70k a year. Why are they worth so much more than a Truck driver?

Personally I am not getting too smug as, given the government's recent track record, the lights will be going out at some point over the winter.

Well... that's when we deploy Powerwall & Gateway SMUG LEVEL 2

At the moment we're on SMUG LEVEL 3

SMUG LEVEL 1 comes about during Lockdown, when we're running our Business from home plus all of the above.

Don't kill me, it's not my fault...

Has anyone other than me thought that the "fuel crisis" may have been set up to convince everyone that they really should get an EV?
Aye.... Then there is the pumpkin crisis, beverage crisis, turkey crisis, firework crisis, toy crisis, etc. and not forgetting mention that Christmas might be "cancelled" (TBH, Im surprised with all the political correctness going on these days were are still allowed to celebrate Christmas to be fair!). I bet people that spin this stuff are well versed into when to invest money into stock and shares. My tin hat is not coming off thats for sure! 😆

Its all laughable really when you think of it really. Crisis as far as im concerned is people under oppression out there, people dying of hunger, People that lost homes and livelihood due to floods, fire, disease etc., not these nicer to have problems.

Reactions: cryo