Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panic buying!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
QUICK! Charge up the car before the grid goes down too.

Well... my life is getting Download weird...

Last night I downloaded :-

- 700 GB of games and movies for my new 980 Pro 1TB memory expansion on Playstation 5

- 20 kWh of Electric for my Home Powerwalls to power our house for the day

- 22.4 kWh of Electric for my Tesla M3P to top up my car for the day

All while I was asleep. What I love about the future is what will I be able to download next?

I do! Fortunately, a couple of years earlier I had a Saturday job at a petrol station and was still chums with them. I had no problem putting a pound’s worth in my Morris Minor. :D
Due to my old age😭, I don't remember anything predecimalisation and so was wondering how much that one pound in 1973 is worth today. According to an internet search, with inflation it's about £971! You can travel a few miles with that.

I’ve got enough dead dinosaur juice in my X3 to last me until I pick up my Model 3 on Thursday! 😆

Although another of todays shortages has hit me, my pre-ordered iPhone 13 Pro Max has not arrived today, and EE and now saying within 14 days! 🤬

Just took my 'alternative' ICE car out for a Petrol topup...

OMG it's chaos out there.

Sainsburys petrol station is shut... ran out of all fuel types.

Esso was open, massive queues, £1.37 for Petrol and £1.40 for Diesel per litre.

All pumps were restricted to £30 maximum. People were chatting like it's War time.

£1.37 per litre
£0.05 per kWh

🙈🤭

• Funny
Reactions: BushtrimmmerJr
So would it be bad to sit in the Petrol Queue, in a Tesla... for a 5 litres jerry can, in the boot.

I don't need it, but don't want to be left out?
Not as far fetched as some might think... 3 jerry cans in the boot of mine because I cant be arsed to go to the petrol station on my bike just for the fun of it... nicer problems to have I suppose.

I’ve never fathomed out Why do people not realise it’s the panic buying causes the issue? If everyone just went about normally there would be no problem. Same as with the bog roll last year.

Just travelled down from Edinburgh to Newcastle and every petrol station rammed. I got to Washington super chargers and all was fine 😁
140EA516-C441-429C-A93A-52C76C1F8C11.jpeg

The reason there’s panic is because some people have lost the ability to think for themselves - they’ll read some of the news titles that say this is the worst crisis we’ve ever experienced and they’ll rush to the gas station to refill. From there it’s a chain reaction. Sad reality

The reason there’s panic is because some people have lost the ability to think for themselves - they’ll read some of the news titles that say this is the worst crisis we’ve ever experienced and they’ll rush to the gas station to refill. From there it’s a chain reaction. Sad reality
I was going to fill up my garage with gerry cans just in case but it's still full of all the toilet roll I bought last year so I don't have the space. 😥