Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panic buying!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I kind of agree except petrol is up about 10% whereas my electric rate is nearly doubling. Neither are really cheap anymore unless you managed to lock in on a decent tariff, sign up to a good offpeak but very high day time rate, or have solar and it's a sunny summer.

cost is one thing, being able to fill up without being stuck in a half hour queue with no guarantee is another. At least if we need to, we can add range to our cars.

last time there were queues, I got stuck trying to supercharge because the queue from the petrol station was blockign the entrance to the superchargers! went the up the exit road in the end to get there (on a retail park somewhere)
That wasn't even that long ago. I had a variation on the theme when I sat and watched the petrol queue while I was supercharging. I think it was close run thing which was quicker, a 200 miles supercharge or getting petrol. At least I could go for a walk and get a coffee while I charged.

I kind of agree except petrol is up about 10% whereas my electric rate is nearly doubling. Neither are really cheap anymore unless you managed to lock in on a decent tariff, sign up to a good offpeak but very high day time rate, or have solar and it's a sunny summer.
Yes, yes and yes and first day of 30kWh solar in a day of 2022. All batteries full :D
PHEV won’t need petrol until it starts nagging in May

Yes, yes and yes and first day of 30kWh solar in a day of 2022. All batteries full :D
PHEV won’t need petrol until it starts nagging in May
The sun is good, our 4kW array and 3.68kW intverter have given us 18.6kWh today, and that is enough to power our property and heat the water. An extra 1.5kW array is due to come on-stream next week with a PW a week later; can't wait.:)

A mere 23.4 kWh of solar pixies here today (bloody clouds), but enough to add a few percent on the M3, wash/dry three loads of laundry, cook breakfast and lunch, and put enough in the Powerwall to see us through to the next Go period. Net cost of today's leccy: 31p. <clarkson-smug-face>

Glad to see the back of petrol stations too.

Reactions: Dilly
I don’t have a battery, and don‘t have a big set of panels - only generated 9kwh today (think they’re a 3kwh array)? Anyway - I have the myenergi app which can show me generation from a CT clamp on the incoming solar. I also have the house consumption data. But the app doesn’t let me overlay it at all.

Anyone know if there is a good way to get data out of the myenergi app (or maybe its also on their website) to overlay and see how much of my baseload is covered with solar? With a small array I think the best I can perhaps hope for is my wfh electric needs are mostly covered when there is sunny weather. If I wanted to offset more peak load I’d probably have to look at a battery charged up during off peak

380AB7A3-9236-4CDC-AFAF-C179B5DFFA87.jpeg

Reactions: Dilly and scdoubleu
Not being funny but... last time it was a total spin doctor news spin. This time, there is a WAR going on, people being killed and some lunatic threatening nuclear warfare very close to home in both space and values. As it stands the price of energy is not really top of my agenda lets say but I can see plausible reason for panic for both the "educated" or otherwise...

PS- I would rather have a bunker at the moment far more that a solar array!...sometimes I do wonder!

Last edited:
Reactions: teaston
A few cloudy days and a gas shortage so the grid can't balance their demands and the house of cards tumbles. No petrol for the genny and I'm stuck with a few hundred litres of red and the limited output of an inverter on the tractor battery to run phone and router - if there’s still an internet - while a cloud of nasty seeps towards me😈...

A few cloudy days and a gas shortage so the grid can't balance their demands and the house of cards tumbles. No petrol for the genny and I'm stuck with a few hundred litres of red and the limited output of an inverter on the tractor battery to run phone and router - if there’s still an internet - while a cloud of nasty seeps towards me😈...
The few hundred litres of red should help you through armagedon, if you need any help with the red pm me.

Reactions: pgkevet