Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paris motorshow 2012

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

widodh

Model S 100D and Y LR
Jan 23, 2011
Venlo, NL
Hi,

I'm hoping that Tesla will attend the Autosalon Paris 2012 so I can travel there to show my girlfriend the Model S, but does anybody know if Tesla will be attending? Oh, she wants to visit Paris, so I found something to combine it with :)

They are not on this list: Exhibitors 2012

Sorry, I don't know if TM will be there Widodh...I'm going to "just miss" the Paris show :cursing:

(...my wife & I are in Paris from the 8th to the 15th for our anniversary...wish I'd known about the show so we could have tried to attend it!)

Tesla isn't on the list and we are just one week from the opening of the show. So I would say Wido is right, and Tesla will not be in Paris.
It is weird because that's one of the biggest motor show (in terms of number of visitors).

Too bad for Tesla, the EVs will have quite some attention at that show. Renault will do some test drives of the Zoe on the Isle Seguin in Boulognes (whre the factory used to be).

I really don't feel the love from Tesla for its european customers...

Yeah, I think they are still focused on selling the last couple of roadsters in Europe. I haven't received any news about Model S yet. Beginning of the year the wording was that first shipments in Europe are expected by the end of the year. This seems to have transformed to beginning of 2013 these days.
I guess because they already built quite some backlog in the US they are focusing on this first and maybe even tackle Europe a bit later. IMHO a good strategy for TESLA, but not so exciting for us Europeans.

Tesla isn't on the list and we are just one week from the opening of the show. So I would say Wido is right, and Tesla will not be in Paris.
It is weird because that's one of the biggest motor show (in terms of number of visitors).

Too bad for Tesla, the EVs will have quite some attention at that show. Renault will do some test drives of the Zoe on the Isle Seguin in Boulognes (whre the factory used to be).

Most likely, Tesla doesn't have the cash needed to get a booth at such a big show. I think the only shows they have attended were ones that offered a free spot. Hopefully Tesla can afford a non zero advertising budget in a year or two.

GSP

Most likely, Tesla doesn't have the cash needed to get a booth at such a big show. I think the only shows they have attended were ones that offered a free spot. Hopefully Tesla can afford a non zero advertising budget in a year or two.

GSP

That's not advertising I want... It's the caaaaaaaar ! Bring it to me ! bring it to meeeee !
humm...sorry...It's out now I can crawl back to my hole... :)

Yeah, I think they are still focused on selling the last couple of roadsters in Europe. I haven't received any news about Model S yet. Beginning of the year the wording was that first shipments in Europe are expected by the end of the year. This seems to have transformed to beginning of 2013 these days.
I guess because they already built quite some backlog in the US they are focusing on this first and maybe even tackle Europe a bit later. IMHO a good strategy for TESLA, but not so exciting for us Europeans.
Actually it seems to be slightly worse than that. They've always said that EU prices come 6 months or so before the SSig #1 delivery. Originally EU prices was supposed to be around august 2012, then it was autumn 2012 and now it's in 2013. So we are looking at summer 2013 at the earliest for the first EU car. That assumes we do get the prices in January of 2013. We still don't have the EU specs yet, so I'm just waiting...

Cobos

Cobos, who told you European pricing will only come in 2013?

If it's true that European deliveries will only start in the summer of 2013, then Tesla is really letting its European customers (fans!) down in a bad way. All those people who one or two years ago put down a €30,000 deposit for a European Signature would get their car later than ALL of the 12,000 current regular reservation holders in the US and Canada, even the ones who make their deposit today!

That would be scandalous.

If it's true that European deliveries will only start in the summer of 2013, then Tesla is really letting its European customers (fans!) down in a bad way. All those people who one or two years ago put down a €30,000 deposit for a European Signature would get their car later than ALL of the 12,000 current regular reservation holders in the US and Canada, even the ones who make their deposit today!

The Canadian pricing wasn't announced 6 months prior to delivery, so it could be the same for the EU.

Pricing in November, delivery in January.

That said, they need to have the 3-phase charging fixed, don't know where they are with that?

That wouldn't be scandalous at all. There are thousands of people who reserved their Model S after me who will get their car before mine. It's just part of being outside the USA...

You really need to set your expectations low for delivery, that way you won't be disappointed or upset. I think I last updated my forum signature for February....

That wouldn't be scandalous at all. There are thousands of people who reserved their Model S after me who will get their car before mine. It's just part of being outside the USA...

You really need to set your expectations low for delivery, that way you won't be disappointed or upset. I think I last updated my forum signature for February....

I thought Canadian deliveries were going to be pretty close to US deliveries (at least for Signatures). Is that not the case?

Maybe part of the frustration comes from the fact that Tesla does not communicate with its European customers. At all. No news letters, no updates, nothing. So when rumours about delays surface, people get upset. Just talk to us, even if it's just to say that there will be a delay. That's always better than being left in the dark. I had that frustrating experience once with Fisker. It would be nice not to re-live that again.

Sure for signatures, they've been told Nov-Dec as an estimate. I'm regular production and haven't heard when they will be delivering those in Canada, nor have I been contacted to finalize my order. So I can definitely understand where you are coming from re: lack of communication!

The other problem with the European market is that they are trying to sell all the roadsters first. Once they are sold out, you'll probably start to hear more about Model S, at elast marketing wise...

I thought Canadian deliveries were going to be pretty close to US deliveries (at least for Signatures). Is that not the case?

Maybe part of the frustration comes from the fact that Tesla does not communicate with its European customers. At all. No news letters, no updates, nothing. So when rumours about delays surface, people get upset. Just talk to us, even if it's just to say that there will be a delay. That's always better than being left in the dark. I had that frustrating experience once with Fisker. It would be nice not to re-live that again.

I seem to have remembered wrong, the original email from Kjell Arne Wold said probably pricing in Q4 2012 but I sent another email today to ask for status and I got a reply today from Christoffer Rortveit. He said he expects pricing this autumn which he defines as october-november while lockin of options might very unlikely happen this year for early sigs though probably not this year. They hope for deliveries of early sigs in start of Q2 2013, maybe very late Q1 2013.
So in my own interpretation my car in the very early regular production line will at best be delivered summer next year.
Though they expect to get a display car during this year, but unless it is an EU spec I doubt they can do testdrives with it.

Cobos