Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist Upgrade - contest for the spookiest pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone wants to share the most spooky images from the latest Park Assist Upgrade?

IMG_5821.jpeg
IMG_5828.jpeg
IMG_5830.jpeg
IMG_5831.jpeg
IMG_5832.jpeg

Am I the only person having trouble reading the new display of the surroundings? Red/yellow/grey, what’s it all mean? Today I pulled into a parking spot, on the screen the car is touching red, I get out, I’m 4’ from the nearest object.

Maybe what they need is a kind of distance detection system, linked to a beeping sound that increases frequency as you get closer to an object. These sensors could be positioned on the edges of the vehicle. I’m surprised no-one has thought of this.

Merry Xmas to the numpties at Tesla.

Reactions: Whyone
Am I the only person having trouble reading the new display of the surroundings? Red/yellow/grey, what’s it all mean? Today I pulled into a parking spot, on the screen the car is touching red, I get out, I’m 4’ from the nearest object.
From the pictures I've seen, it's just red=objects very close, yellow=objects fairly close, grey=everything else.

Maybe what they need is a kind of distance detection system, linked to a beeping sound that increases frequency as you get closer to an object. These sensors could be positioned on the edges of the vehicle. I’m surprised no-one has thought of this.

Merry Xmas to the numpties at Tesla.
Well Tesla removed the ultrasonic sensors some time back - so no warning beeps due to proximity- its is purely based on camera /vision

From the pictures I've seen, it's just red=objects very close, yellow=objects fairly close, grey=everything else.
When I bought my Tesla I was taken with the revolutionary nature of the product, it felt, and still feels, rule-breaking, industry-disrupting, fundamentally changing the automotive world. I'm still feeling the love, wouldn't trade it for anything, but every once in a while I just wish it was a bit more of a traditional company, more customer-focused, with better service, able to deal with relatively simple things like wipers, door handles that require an instruction manual, 3D "parking assist" visuals that are near impossible to understand. But I still love the car ;-)