Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking assist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took delivery on 2023 model Y in Nov and extremely disappointed to learn park assist NA. Understand that will be coming in future release of Tesla vision but I would have declined delivery and forfeited deposit if I had known. Senior driver dependent on park assist when parking in parking lots. Why doesn’t Tesla understand.
I agree. It's been a big disappointment. My wife is completely out of sink without parking chimes. It's crazy Tesla chose to deliver half cooked systems yet again. They have been in the market for quite sometime to still behave unprofessional. Mercedes or BMW would not do this. The "Coming soon" harp has been on for last 3 months. Will not buy a Tesla again.... Sorry not acceptable.

I agree. It's been a big disappointment. My wife is completely out of sink without parking chimes. It's crazy Tesla chose to deliver half cooked systems yet again. They have been in the market for quite sometime to still behave unprofessional. Mercedes or BMW would not do this. The "Coming soon" harp has been on for last 3 months. Will not buy a Tesla again.... Sorry not acceptable.
I agree it is unacceptable. If they do not deliver a on par or better system than USS via the SW update I believe we will sell our '23 MYLR.

Reactions: explosive0
I agree there needs to be a feature (regardless of the underlying tech), but Tesla does tell you before order. You had to acknowledge that you still wanted to proceed without it:
1673010488971.png

You're right they would just hide it behind a subscription pay wall like they do with heated seats and other features

Reactions: ScoobyDoo82
Hello has any one spoke to tesla about the constant message at night,(cameras may be blocked blinded). tesla remotely connected to my car twice.and say they are OK, I have complained that the cameras are not fit for purpose.

Then the final message I get off them take it to the garage, if nothing is wrong I will be charged.Apparently this normal for cameras to show this message constantly at night or dusk.

I just purchased a 200 MY Performance and it has all the sensors for USS. However, the display say "Park Assist Unavailable." Did the latest software update disable the feature for 2022's - or - because it's been snowy here and the sensors are continually getting covered as I drive (which also triggers a warning)? Sorry for the newbie question.

Took delivery on 2023 model Y in Nov and extremely disappointed to learn park assist NA. Understand that will be coming in future release of Tesla vision but I would have declined delivery and forfeited deposit if I had known. Senior driver dependent on park assist when parking in parking lots. Why doesn’t Tesla understand.
Did you actually do a research before buying it? And no, senior drivers don't depend on park assist. Probably just you.

I am actually scheduled to pick up the car this Friday, but most likely will refuse it if there is no parking assist of any kind. That just would be an every day mental annoyance and nag realizing that you drive state of the art computer on wheels with parking assist features from the 80-s (i.e. complete lack there of).

• Funny
Reactions: Magnus0322
We are due to pick ours up Sunday. Like many, we were tempted by the massive price drop and reluctantly pulled the trigger on a MYLR. Just want to echo that this had better not be another of Elon's empty promises to fix with Telsa Vision soon or we will definitely sell ours quickly. In this day and age, a lack of lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, parking aids, pedestrian and accident avoidance systems is inexcusable. My wife's $35K Kia Niro had all of the above and more. Really don't understand why they pulled these features before the software was ready. We are gambling on it being fixed very soon, but will definitely sell the car if it isn't.

We are due to pick ours up Sunday. Like many, we were tempted by the massive price drop and reluctantly pulled the trigger on a MYLR. Just want to echo that this had better not be another of Elon's empty promises to fix with Telsa Vision soon or we will definitely sell ours quickly. In this day and age, a lack of lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, parking aids, pedestrian and accident avoidance systems is inexcusable. My wife's $35K Kia Niro had all of the above and more. Really don't understand why they pulled these features before the software was ready. We are gambling on it being fixed very soon, but will definitely sell the car if it isn't.
Yes, the only thing going for it is the steep discount and the tax credit eligibility with the vague promise of "tesla vision" as a replacement to sensors (although it will be no surprise to me if I learn down the road "tesla vision" was nothing but a marketing ploy to avoid scarcity of USS and we'll get nothing as a replacement).

Wouldn't you need to keep a car for a year to claim the $7500 tax credit from the feds though?

Yes, the only thing going for it is the steep discount and the tax credit eligibility with the vague promise of "tesla vision" as a replacement to sensors (although it will be no surprise to me if I learn down the road "tesla vision" was nothing but a marketing ploy to avoid scarcity of USS and we'll get nothing as a replacement).

Wouldn't you need to keep a car for a year to claim the $7500 tax credit from the feds though?
Nope, not unless you bought it specifically to resell.

Why would you take delivery on a car that doesn't have these features, if they're that important to you? No one knows when this will be fixed. Perhaps it would be better to let the car go until Tesla finally restores the functionality. It could be a year from now.

Why would you take delivery on a car that doesn't have these features, if they're that important to you? No one knows when this will be fixed. Perhaps it would be better to let the car go until Tesla finally restores the functionality. It could be a year from now.
Well, first of all, this car is for my wife and she trusts and relies less on this tech than I do, so she is not as uncomfortable with it as I am. If it were up to me, I would buy another Ioniq 5 which is what I drive and feel is a vastly superior car, but Limited I5's are still very hard to come by without paying about $70k otd after markups, which she doesn't want to do. We are taking a gamble, but with less $50k into it after the rebate, pretty sure we can flip it without a loss if need be.

Why would you "reluctantly" purchase anything this large? Don't make yourself miserable. I don't think you'll be happy with a Tesla. I think you'll end up regretting it, selling it, and buying something else (burning a lot of money in sales tax, depreciation, and the like in the meantime).

Exactly. The ONLY thing that will get Tesla’s attention on this and other issues is refusing delivery/payment. Yes, there’s likely another buyer waiting, but the cancellation will still be recorded by Tesla. Enough of those get internal attention. Taking delivery of the car and reselling it shortly after has absolutely no effect on Tesla. Arguably, after the sale this falls into the “don’t care” category.

Exactly. The ONLY thing that will get Tesla’s attention on this and other issues is refusing delivery/payment. Yes, there’s likely another buyer waiting, but the cancellation will still be recorded by Tesla. Enough of those get internal attention. Taking delivery of the car and reselling it shortly after has absolutely no effect on Tesla. Arguably, after the sale this falls into the “don’t care” category.
Ok, ok, let's all take a breath here. First of all, who said we were trying to make a statement here? It's just a car. It's a commodity for me. I buy a new car for either my wife or I every couple of years. The point I was trying to make was that I really hope Tesla comes through on its promises to fix these issues "soon" as they stated. Don't get me totally wrong. I don't think the MY is total garbage. I live on the Central Coast of CA. There are 4 MY's just within 6 houses of me. I've driven and looked at them. They're very good, not perfect, but very good. I'd put them second behind the Ioniq 5 in the category. Also, you guys seem to be making this out like I'm squandering a precious commodity. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a MY around here. It's literally the single most common car in our area. Used to be Prius, now it's MY. I will admit that at about $70k, I never would have bought one, but at $50k, sign me up. Other than the lack of some safety features, I think we will be happy, so hopefully they will fix them soon as promised. And if not, we should be able to flip it without much trouble or expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.