Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pay with credit cards?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For future owners, let me say something short for you: NEVER USE PLASTIQ!!!

My payment was never delivered. My Tesla sale representative sent me the transaction history record every day to confirm with me. I had to file multiple complaints on BBB and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. I was almost hiring a lawyer to file a claim against their business. If you go to BBB, there are plenty of people who stepped on the same trap with me through the paid article from Business Insider: A travel hacker snagged himself $5,000 of 'free' travel by using a credit card to buy a $60,000 Tesla

Attachments below are my complaints with them. They still have not resolved my issue. Is it worth for you to go through this whole process like me? Don't, don't ever use PLASTIQ!!!

Imgur

My payment was never delivered. My Tesla sale representative sent me the transaction history record every day to confirm with me. I had to file multiple complaints on BBB and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. I was almost hiring a lawyer to file a claim against their business. If you go to BBB, there are plenty of people who stepped on the same trap with me through the paid article from Business Insider: A travel hacker snagged himself $5,000 of 'free' travel by using a credit card to buy a $60,000 Tesla

Attachments below are my complaints with them. They still have not resolved my issue. Is it worth for you to go through this whole process like me? Don't, don't ever use PLASTIQ!!!

Imgur
Did Plastiq already charge your card? Did they mail out the check?

Imgur

Why on earth did you think this was a “good” idea in the first place?

What people will do to try to shave a few bucks off of a $60,000 purchase. Christ.

Why on earth did you think this was a “good” idea in the first place?

What people will do to try to shave a few bucks off of a $60,000 purchase. Christ.

My credit card has a limit of $50,000, and I will have a 0% APR interest for 24 months. I am not talking about a few bucks; I am talking about a few thousand dollars saving by not taking a loan. Not everyone is in the same situation, so could you stop making an assumption and gave a short-thinking comment?

Okay, I finally made thing work out after 2.5 weeks working seriously and bugging repeatedly everyday with the Plastiq manager, BBB complaints, my delivery advisor, my delivery advisor's supervisor, and even tweeting to Elon Musk. This is a PITA, an exhausting process that anyone should definitely consider carefully when using Plastiq to make payment to Tesla. In the past, the Tesla processing team could deal with ACH payment much easier, which explained why some people worked out well with their Model S and Model X using Plastiq. Things have changed now. After 1.5 weeks working with Plastiq, the manager finally provided the proof of transfer through ACH to me (They used Silicon Valley Bank for their services). My delivery advisor sent the receipt to the Tesla processing team. The Tesla processing team did not respond for a week. Finally, my delivery advisor had to contact her supervisor, and her supervisor worked directly with the processing team's manager, bypassing the **** processing team. Everything resolved immediately after one day (actually 7 hours). Tesla sent an apology letter to me, saying that its processing team is currently heavily overloaded with payments and refunds, so its processing team missed my payment (WHAT?). I do not comment whose faults are here. However, although the Plastiq method finally proves that it was working, I would advice you to look at my experience to see if it is worth for you to go through the hassles I have been. Please contact me if you need any further questions.

...processing team missed my payment (WHAT?)...

I think it's quite automatic for Tesla to credit your money if the ACH comes from your Tesla Account webpage with specific bank route AND unique bank account number.

How does Tesla know which generic Silicon Valley Bank transaction belong to which person? If you give Tesla that unique transaction number, they might be able to manually correlate that as yours.

Manual takes longer than automation.

I used to pay rent with a credit card via Plastiq because the rewards are worth more than the fees if you use the right card. I’ve enjoyed many first and business class flights to Asia with those points. I’m not sure if I want to use it on a Tesla because: 1. Any error on Tesla or Plastiq’s end can potentially delay delivery. 2. I can see this as a major headache if you have to reject delivery.

If you wish to use Plastiq to pay with a credit card, this card is the one to use (3x Chase points): Chase Ink Preferred Credit Card

• Disagree
Reactions: asianxtreme