Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedestrian Warning System (PWS) retrofit for AUD$380

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the Y in for service today at Chatswood and by chance found out that they can retrofit the PWS speaker (and do so via their mobile service).

I've had enough encounters with surprised pedestrians that I'm going to get it installed, and hope to make it sound like a V8 with a lumpy cam on idle.

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: m4rtin and aceon
Yeah this has been in their service installables for quite a while now. However it used to be $290, have they increased in price?

There's existing thread about boombox here where I was able to retrofit it myself and got tesla to push out the software for a fraction of the cost Boombox in Aus?

Also, just a note you can't use custom sounds when beeping your horn in drive. It only works in park.

Reactions: Maximillan and B3AU
I had one installed on my M3 but now I’m selling that one and getting the new M3P that already has one installed I was contemplating swapping it over to our MY myself. I’ll have to find out Tesla will still push the software to enable it if I do it myself. I may as well strip it out of the M3 and use it if I can because it’s not going to add any value to the resale and it will save me spending the money on getting Tesla to do it on the MY.

hope to make it sound like a V8 with a lumpy cam on idle.
Boombox only works while parked… and the sound is pretty tinny. I tried it with a Hellcat idling which sounded beautiful on the interior speakers, but through PWS just sounds tinny and try-hard.

Also, the true PWS “UFO sound” only works in reverse and not forward at low speed like some Euro makes.
That’s how it’s been on MY Oct23 build since delivery.

Reactions: Maximillan
Boombox only works while parked… and the sound is pretty tinny. I tried it with a Hellcat idling which sounded beautiful on the interior speakers, but through PWS just sounds tinny and try-hard.

Also, the true PWS “UFO sound” only works in reverse and not forward at low speed like some Euro makes.
That’s how it’s been on MY Oct23 build since delivery.
For the 14.7 update, the PWS and the interior speakers both worked at the same time and it was better. 14.8 turned that off