Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Peeling yoke replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, I stopped by the Nashville Service Center today to inquire about the status of the new yoke. I was told that it was due this month and that they had stopped providing the old yokes. I submitted a service ticket for a peeling yoke and received a call from a Tesla tech almost immediately. He said that they had started installing the new yokes but quickly determined that the new yokes had "durability" problems also and they stopped installing them. He said it would be at least into the 2d quarter before they would have a replacement. Bummer

Well that's not good. my peeling is starting to look really bad and it's getting kind of embarrassing

Reactions: zoomer0056
I am in the same boat. My yolk started to peel after 2 months. Tesla is not replacing it since they wait for the new yolks, but of course can't guarantee when they'll have it. It's absurd how they are handling this
I put in a service request I think Oct 2023 for pealing yoke on my 2022 MSLR. I reached out in December, they delayed to Jan 2024. Then they said no need to contact them they'll reschedule if new yoke not available in Jan. No word so I texted Feb 1. Being ghosted. That's ok, I'll wait till beginning of March to schedule a new appt. It may not be available, so the purpose of scheduling will minimally be for communication. I'm waiting for the first person to say they got a waranty replacement with the new yoke. Hopefully they'll also post the part number.

Service told me that they would replace my pealing yoke under warranty, but only once. Said I could get the current one installed immediatly or wait till an improved one (that they were working on) became available and install that one. My choice. Not sure how they could have been any clearer, and felt that policy made good sense. Patient waiting in inherent inside the Tesla World.

Service told me that they would replace my pealing yoke under warranty, but only once. Said I could get the current one installed immediatly or wait till an improved one (that they were working on) became available and install that one. My choice. Not sure how they could have been any clearer, and felt that policy made good sense. Patient waiting in inherent inside the Tesla World.
The "only once" is BS since it is not your fault that caused the yoke to peel. It is a matter of warranty, and they should respect it. I think it is reasonable to say we are waiting for parts, but with a reasonable timeframe.

I have 4 new OEM H serial yoke for $400 shipped if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• IMG_7140.jpeg
    IMG_7140.jpeg
    758.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7141.jpeg
    IMG_7141.jpeg
    391.8 KB · Views: 33
Just as a follow-up, of course you have to replace the air bag. Otherwise, there would be no horn symbol for someone to know where the horn was, and while NHTSA doesn't require a vehicle to have a horn, they do require that if you have a horn you have to have the symbol on the button/device that triggers it.

Tesla just moved my replacement Yoke appointment another month again to March 13th. It really is getting to be a joke. This should not be happening and I only have about 3000 miles of warranty left.

Come on Tesla, this is not that hard and should be embarrassing when prospective buyers come in an $80k plus car and see your steering wheel peeling. Just unacceptable.

Tesla just moved my replacement Yoke appointment another month again to March 13th. It really is getting to be a joke. This should not be happening and I only have about 3000 miles of warranty left.

Come on Tesla, this is not that hard and should be embarrassing when prospective buyers come in an $80k plus car and see your steering wheel peeling. Just unacceptable.
Completely unacceptable

Reactions: DBV1