Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance 20" wheel kerbed - gutted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As title, kerbed half way round the rim edge, it's the grey colour.

Has anyone had one successfully repaired, as in accurate colour match? Any recommendations for UK repair near Warrington or Manchester?

Does anyone know how much it would be for a new wheel if not possible to repair?

Thanks in advance, gutted!

Images attached

Attachments

• IMG_20200215_125702.jpg
    IMG_20200215_125702.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20200215_125708.jpg
    IMG_20200215_125708.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20200215_125713.jpg
    IMG_20200215_125713.jpg
    429.8 KB · Views: 110
I can’t speak to the U.K., but I’ve had my curbed wheels repaired here in the States for $100 each. I found the color was a bit off, but not noticeable when on the car. The rashed portion was completely undetectable - they did a great job.

Like said above - at least you did it.

Someone clobbered mine when I was letting them test drive my car. They cut a corner way too fast. All he did was laugh and said “Wow, I hope that doesn’t mess up your alignment!”

Lesson learned; trust nobody with my car.

View attachment 511841

I think I would have gotten a new alignment/wheel repaired and sent him the bill. Ass hole probably didn't even offer to pay for damages.

Images attached
My wife curbed all 4 wheels similar to the damage you did on her 2016 Lexus lease. My brother found a mobile rim repair guy and he fixed them up for about 400 and when done they looked brand new. Didn’t even take them off the car either. I was impressed given these were gun metal colored. Of course we were in Los Angeles but I’m sure there’s someone around you who does this.

This happened when my car was 3 days old. I hadn’t curbed a wheel in years. Got it fixed for $100. Color matches perfectly. You’d never know it happened.

Attachments

• CA6D0B03-F2A1-48D9-AD82-CA7F409E3E58.jpeg
    CA6D0B03-F2A1-48D9-AD82-CA7F409E3E58.jpeg
    536.4 KB · Views: 102
Super quick steering ratio + track over 4" wider than the car I drove for over 10 years + 235 tires on a 8.5" rim + me pretending to be Ayrton Senna = I curbed the *sugar* out of two of mine before the car had 500 miles.

This car is way easier to curb than most, at least in stock config. Lesson learned. I hope.

Reactions: johnkapral
Super quick steering ratio + track over 4" wider than the car I drove for over 10 years + 235 tires on a 8.5" rim + me pretending to be Ayrton Senna = I curbed the *sugar* out of two of mine before the car had 500 miles.

This car is way easier to curb than most, at least in stock config. Lesson learned. I hope.

I have no idea what makes this car easier to curb than most. Then again I've never curbed one. With auto-tilting mirrors it feels like it's near impossible to do it. Not to say people don't curb wheels all the time in any car, but I really don't think this car is easier than most to curb.

I think I would have gotten a new alignment/wheel repaired and sent him the bill. Ass hole probably didn't even offer to pay for damages.

Offer to pay??? No, he just laughed. That was it. I was absolutely seething on the inside.

Sucks when it’s a family member ..... would’ve been WWIII if I said anything. And nope, not the wife’s family either.