TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Performance Driving class at PIR - anybody have experience with that?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by adiggs, Dec 19, 2014.

1. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Portland, OR
    I'm looking at getting some performance driving training in the Portland area, and I'm wondering if anybody has experience. I have 0 track background, but besides sounding like fun, I would like to be a more knowledgeable and skilled driver of the Roadster (less likely to unwittingly exceed either what I or the car can do!). Ok - mostly it sounds like a lot of fun.

Anyway, I'm looking at the Car Control and Performance Driving classes offered by Pro Drive.

Things I'm wondering about and hoping to get insight on:
    - anybody with personal experience of those particular offerings?
    - anybody with experience tracking their Tesla at PIR? Are there options for charging throughout the day?
    - other alternatives to Pro Drive?
    - any other related thoughts you might have

2. SweetP

SweetP Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    I took a 2 day Pro Drive course a couple summers ago and had a blast. Cars were Formula Ford track cars and were super responsive. Instruction was great. You can add a third day and get a driving certificate as well.
  3. donv

donv Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Lake Jeanclia, OR
    I've taken classes from ProDrive-- I highly recommend them. My brother has had his S on the track at PIR-- the big issue is that you can only get a couple of laps in before the power really starts to be limited.

I believe there is a charger at PIR (maybe a Roadster charger?).
  4. 7racer

7racer Member

Jun 13, 2011
    my friend is a GTR track junkie...use to run PIR but learned it in a day and is now a member at OIR (Oregon International Raceway).

I find I get more out of DE events and some of the "course" where you lead follow absolutely BORING.

If you want me to find out from my friend I can ask him what the good events are for novices.