Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance increase for 100D. 0-100 in 3,3 sek

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see the same 3.3 at the moment from the US. Tesla has not made an announcement that the 100D will be getting uncorked.

But some of us think it less likely that Tesla marketing communications and IT are this incompetent, and more likely that 1) the cars can technically do 3.3 with reasonable reliability and 2) a new higher performance model is forthcoming that necessitates a 100 that is performance differentiated faster and 3) Tesla marketing communications and IT are only somewhat incompetent.

I am having trouble envisioning a scenario where this is an orchestrated leak.

I also find it ironic that CL600's car has an old drive unit so if Tesla does uncork them, Tesla gets double the outrage of recent car buyers if Tesla doesn't clarify why they won't sell the upgrade.

I think we can relatively safely say all of this was just an IT mistake. Maybe they will update the 100D in the future, but the 3.3 seconds have nothing to do with it. It's now almost a month since we first noticed it and I really see no reason why Tesla would keep something like that a secret for a whole month.

Maybe we should change the title to "Tesla falsely advertises 0-60 of inventory 100Ds in Europe"

I think we can relatively safely say all of this was just an IT mistake.
I am trying to think what a good bet on this would be. I'd give even odds that new 100s sold as of next 15 Jan are announced at be sub 3.9 seconds.

Loser has to read all the posts in the snippiness thread. Or has to garage their car for a week and bike. Or has to wear a Greenpeace shirt at a monster truck rally.

• Funny
Reactions: GaryW
I am trying to think what a good bet on this would be. I'd give even odds that new 100s sold as of next 15 Jan are announced at be sub 3.9 seconds.

Loser has to read all the posts in the snippiness thread. Or has to garage their car for a week and bike. Or has to wear a Greenpeace shirt at a monster truck rally.

Yea, 3.9s seems rather reasonable for next year, but who knows. I was convinced that they would go 3.3 this time and that didn't happen.

I still predict it's 3,3 - but for 0-60mph. For 0-100km/h the figure will be 3.5. The web-error that we have seen is that someone added the new 0-60mph times to all european cars. This I think is a clear fact since also UK 100D (where figures are in mph) states 0-60 to 3,3 sek.

New performance figures across the line to be announced soon (change for 100D, others unchanged):
75D = 4,4 to 100km/h
100D = 3,5 to 100km/h
P100D = 2,7 (2,6 with L+) to 100km/h

Just deduct 0.2 from the above figures and you've got the 0-60mph times.

Also, when/if a 85 pack is introduced as the new base model it will have the same performance figures as current 75-pack.

I think all this will happen rather soon. October or something would be my bet. Just wait for all the current bulk of ordered cars are delivered and a new quarter race will start up. 100D performance increase as one driver for the new purchase to increase sales for 100-pack, which probably have not sold as much the last quarter due to 75D similar performance and much lower price. Maybe even some of the ppl just taken delivery of a 75 will decide to upgrade already next quarter based on 100D new performance, quicker charging speed and less range anxiety :D

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Zeleni zub
I still predict it's 3,3 - but for 0-60mph. For 0-100km/h the figure will be 3.5. The web-error that we have seen is that someone added the new 0-60mph times to all european cars. This I think is a clear fact since also UK 100D (where figures are in mph) states 0-60 to 3,3 sek.

New performance figures across the line to be announced soon (change for 100D, others unchanged):
75D = 4,4 to 100km/h
100D = 3,5 to 100km/h
P100D = 2,7 (2,6 with L+) to 100km/h

Just deduct 0.2 from the above figures and you've got the 0-60mph times.

Also, when/if a 85 pack is introduced as the new base model it will have the same performance figures as current 75-pack.

(...)

S75D 0-100km/h is already 4,4sec. At least that's what the European design studio shows since a couple of weeks.

Yea, 3.9s seems rather reasonable for next year, but who knows. I was convinced that they would go 3.3 this time and that didn't happen.

I think 3.3 seconds with the same measurement approach would imply a switch to the larger rear motor which is not possible to do over OTA update, that said don't put it past Tesla to use different measurement approaches to aid in their market segmentation.

They could strategically add an * to the listed time to clarify it's now measured with the 1 foot rollout. Today the non P models all list 0-60 times that do not substract the rollout. The 100D/90D can already do 0-60 in 3.9 seconds if you substract the 1 foot rollout :), and could possibly do 3.3 with the added amperage boost that the 75D got. (90D and 100D have 400V packs after all)

90D owner holding out hope here :)

Knew i wasnt going mad last week when i said they were now saying 4.3 0-60 (well i did question myself when a few hours later they were back to 3.3) They are again now saying 4.3 this morning

Model S 100D 5YJSB7E20HF210178 | Tesla UK

Ive screenshotted incase it changes again :)

Taking a screen shot instead of linking to the webpage is a good idea as they can change the web page at any time as we have seen.

Two days ago I was on a racetrack (Circuit Zandvoort) with my Tesla, but there batterylevel was much less. The PowerTools 0-100 results were:

31% - 4.5sec.
27% - 4.8sec.
24% - 4.8sec.

So this might more or less close the discussion on 3.3s; this typo figure would need some 35% increase in power compared to 4.5s. That's a lot!

My delivery event happened on Thu 28 Sep 2017 and I noticed that my car came with R (106 mph rated M&S tires) on a car rated at a max speed of 155mph and 'quick' 0-60 runs , cannot find a sticker saying that M&S tires are fitted and the speed rating in plain view of the driver.
A bit unusual for a car rated at 155mph IMHO.
The 2002 Mustang GT that I bought new came with Goodyear Eagle GT ZR rated (>149mph) non M&S tires.

Could you check the Speed Rating and the tire type , M&S or not on your car? you may want to know this before you visit the Autobahn or the track at Zandvoort again.

Thanks.

My Apologies All. My Bad
====================
I just rechecked the sidewall markings and the relevant marking is 98W where

98 is the load rating of 1650lb
W is the speed rating of 168mph

I was also informed earlier on that the tire is deemed unsafe at any speed if the tire has ever had a flat fixed.

• Helpful
Reactions: boaterva
The 3.3 or whatever I think seems to make sense and could be a real thing for the 100D, assuming you have the new drive unit.

We saw what happened recently with the fact that older 75/75D pre DU00 new drive unit were able to be uncorked to go the 4.2.

Based on that, that tells me the new drive unit would be able to go to that 3 second range. You got a car in the 4 second range and the P100D in the 2 second. But nothing in the 3 range.

Thanks for the update, I have a number of things that I will try in the future once I get some issues fixed which came with the car at the time of delivery.

I will get some baseline runs with the car configured as delivered with and without 'tire slick' and tire crown worn off not shaved off .... ..

I am going......going underground with this and not ' Boring '

My delivery event happened on Thu 28 Sep 2017 and I noticed that my car came with R (106 mph rated M&S tires) on a car rated at a max speed of 155mph and 'quick' 0-60 runs , cannot find a sticker saying that M&S tires are fitted and the speed rating in plain view of the driver.
A bit unusual for a car rated at 155mph IMHO.
The 2002 Mustang GT that I bought new came with Goodyear Eagle GT ZR rated (>149mph) non M&S tires.

Could you check the Speed Rating and the tire type , M&S or not on your car? you may want to know this before you visit the Autobahn or the track at Zandvoort again.

Thanks.
My tyres are Michelin Pilot 3: 245/45 R19 102Y (850 kg 300 km/h; 1,870 lb 186 mph)
The DOT is 0816 (=16 month 'old' tires on the car's first registration date???).

Last edited: