TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Performance increase for 100D. 0-100 in 3,3 sek

Discussion in 'Model S' started by evster, Aug 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Carl

Carl Supporting Member

For safety reasons, Tesla is not selling the 3.3s version to French drivers

• Funny x 9
    • Like x 2
  2. headcase

headcase Member

Wow... I'm personally amazed to read the number of ludicrous theories on this thread to somehow dispel what are almost surely sloppy typos across Telsa's web pages (or folks just wanting to troll others). As a marketer who works for a large company, I've seen it happen one too many times myself.

Unless someone can actually prove that the cars are now pulling 3.3, there's nothing to see here.

3. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

So I'm in marketing and I see this as a bit marketing play to trump up theories

Are you digital or traditional? Lol

4. Carl

Carl Supporting Member

That it is a typo is clear from @arubinst's last post, no? My last post (that Tesla was discriminating against French drivers for reasons of safety conerns) was not to be taken seriously of course!

• Funny x 1
  5. CL600

CL600 S 100D

Still too rainy and wet here to perform a PowerTools acceleration test :confused:

6. Chasedrgc1223

Chasedrgc1223 Nearly Insane

This reminds me of the whole thing Tesla did with the 85D around early April of 2015 when they sent out the 4.4 second update to space out the differences between the 70D and 85D, which both were within a couple tenths of a second. Sounds like the new 70D and 100D, at least I hope so. I'm picking up my new 100D Saturday.

• Like x 1
  7. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

Does this apply to new 100d only or all 100d? I took delivery in June 2017

8. Krash

Krash Uncorked

If Tesla has learned anything from the 75D uncorking debacle it would be that rumor and misinformation can apply to all cars but that only cars purchased after an (as yet officially unannounced) date get the performance increase.

9. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

None!!

10. CL600

CL600 S 100D

Today finally good weather (dry, 61 degrees) to take the PowerTools test.

No other passengers, battery was 87%; in two directions I measured 0-100 in 4.5sec (0.2 slower than Tesla specs).

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  11. CL600

CL600 S 100D

It reads that PowerTools take all data directly from the vehicle. In my car, the speedometer is 1-2 km/h higher than GPS. So that might make the testresults on my 100D even more worse.

12. CL600

CL600 S 100D

Two days ago I was on a racetrack (Circuit Zandvoort) with my Tesla, but there batterylevel was much less. The PowerTools 0-100 results were:

31% - 4.5sec.
    27% - 4.8sec.
    24% - 4.8sec.

So this might more or less close the discussion on 3.3s; this typo figure would need some 35% increase in power compared to 4.5s. That's a lot!

13. headcase

headcase Member

Yup, I'd say the latest test results confirm this was web typos.

14. Krash

Krash Uncorked

Anyone have an S100D runlog I can compare to CL600's runlog in the next metrics update? CL600's car is almost certainly a pre drive unit change car yet it produces 408 kW. I know both the S100D and S75D now have 4.2 sec 0-60 times listed, but the new uncorked S75Ds don't produce nearly that much power and their weight is within 50kg for the 14 module batteries. It would be nice to have an S100D baseline.

15. evomatt

evomatt Member

All UK model s 100d inventory models are now back to 4.3sec

16. evster

evster Member

17. evomatt

evomatt Member

Thats so wierd. This morning that same car was saying 4.3 also the blue one was saying 4.3

18. PhaseWhite

PhaseWhite Member

What's really strange is that if Tesla is not planning an OTA update that it would be wrong on their website for this long... You cannot advertise a car with 1-second faster 0-60 time than reality. People will inevitably sue you. If I were @CL600 I would be sending a curious email asking why my car doesn't hit 0-60 in the advertised specs and how Tesla will be compensating me for this false claim if they are not planning to unlock that speed. (Grabs popcorn)

Either Tesla's web team is really incompetent to the point that they are exposing Tesla to liability, or Tesla really is planning an OTA update for these cars to unlock the higher performance and we are seeing the results of this leak out early in the web DB (Which is so common for other product leaks as well).

19. ccdisce

ccdisce Member

Looking from this side of the pond at the UK web site for the Red one I see:

Model S 100D 5YJSB7E20HF210178 | Tesla UK

<<
    Model S
    • 100 kWh Battery
    • 393 miles range (NEDC)
    • 3.3 seconds 0-60 mph

201750 miles210178

Located in Heathrow

£1,214 /mo.

Contract Purchase with £10,000
    effective down payment

48 months, 10,000 miles

£105,453

Previous service/demo vehicle>>

So is "3.3 sec 0-60 mph" real?

20. Krash

Krash Uncorked

#220 Krash, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    I see the same 3.3 at the moment from the US. Tesla has not made an announcement that the 100D will be getting uncorked.

But some of us think it less likely that Tesla marketing communications and IT are this incompetent, and more likely that 1) the cars can technically do 3.3 with reasonable reliability and 2) a new higher performance model is forthcoming that necessitates a 100 that is performance differentiated faster and 3) Tesla marketing communications and IT are only somewhat incompetent.

I am having trouble envisioning a scenario where this is an orchestrated leak.

I also find it ironic that CL600's car has an old drive unit so if Tesla does uncork them, Tesla gets double the outrage of recent car buyers if Tesla doesn't clarify why they won't sell the upgrade.