Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Model 3 Snow Tires/Rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone considered going 245/35-20 all seasons, specifically the Conti DWS 06? The tire is rated really well and the all seasons would be fine for me in the DC area. Looking at a tire calculator, the 245 are just a hair larger than the 235 stock tires, I think they'd prob fit fine...?

Should you?

Because I expect different frequencies reach inside the cabin differently from each other.

If tire A is quieter at the tire, but tire B is quieter in the cabin, I'd prefer tire B (all else performance/life/price being equal)
Depends what your goals are... if the goal is to reduce road noise you'd need to measure road noise :)

I know continental claims 9 dBa on interior noise reduction. Perhaps we should figure out how the testing differed between continental and the article.

• Disagree
Reactions: PessimiStick
I mean- my goal would be to reduce road noise in the cabin.

because that's where I'm listening. So I care a lot if one tire is significantly louder than another in the cabin where I'm sitting.

I don't really care if the tires are louder or not to pedestrians I'm passing. If anything I'd prefer it, being an electric car and all :)

Reactions: PessimiStick
I'm right there with you. I really wouldn't mind doing the Pilot A/S 3+ on the 20s and call it a day. Really wish someone had already done it so we could get feedback! The 500 wear rating would be a bonus to...
Beatrice has the Pilot A/S 3+ on her OEM 20s, but she's currently running DWS 06 on the TSportline 18s so I don't have much data to offer on the former yet.

Wow, good info. The 18s just look so... baby sized ;)

This is such a tough call. I would love to be able to just put all-seasons on the OEM 20”s and call it a year, but I worry about increased tire noise, etc. without the sound deafening foam. If they’re as quiet as the stock setup, I’d just do that.
FYI, I'm getting the all season treads swapped onto my P3D+ this Thursday. I'm usually blasting music within 20 seconds of entering the car, but for once I'll hold off a bit and let you know if the road noise difference is noticeable :)

Beatrice has the Pilot A/S 3+ on her OEM 20s, but she's currently running DWS 06 on the TSportline 18s so I don't have much data to offer on the former yet.

How do you like the Tsportlines and DWS06? I dont mind the 18s, but I'm always hesitant about getting aftermarket wheels, especially with how anal I am about vibrations at speed! I'm also considering upsizing to 245/35-20 to run DWS06 on the stock rims, but just hoping there is enough clearance in the front.

This video has a lot of detail about the OEM 20" Tesla wheels that you get with the PUP, and why many aftermarket wheels aren't going to work with the special brake hub, rotor, and larger Brembo calipers that you get with the PUP.

I want a set of aftermarket wheels that I can mount dedicated winter tires on. I'm not screwing around with all season tires, since we can actually get some serious snow in Colorado.

This video has a lot of detail about the OEM 20" Tesla wheels that you get with the PUP, and why many aftermarket wheels aren't going to work with the special brake hub, rotor, and larger Brembo calipers that you get with the PUP.

I want a set of aftermarket wheels that I can mount dedicated winter tires on. I'm not screwing around with all season tires, since we can actually get some serious snow in Colorado.

Thanks! Great video. I never really understood the difference in the hub until watching the video. Odd thing to do. I wonder if the hubs could be machined? Not that I am trying it. I have my TSportline 18s in the garage waiting for the car if it ever comes.

Just ordered Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ through Discount Tire. They'll take 3-5 days to arrive before I can get them swapped on to stock 20 wheels. I live in Colorado along the front range, and although we get snow it doesn't usually hang around very long. Temps can very quite a bit too.

Reactions: loganthefirst
FYI, I ended up grabbing the all seasons (on sale for $930 right now for the set - after rebate). I'm almost 100% sure I'm going the lazy route and just leaving them on my P3D+. If anyone wants the summer tires, let me know. They'll probably have a few hundred miles on them tops - and I'll take ~30% off the "new" price. I live in Metro Boston ...

Anyone know if this effects the 0-60 rate with all season tires? And if so how much will it effect the 0-60 rate?

Anyone know if this effects the 0-60 rate with all season tires? And if so how much will it effect the 0-60 rate?

Both the P3D+ that comes with summer tires, and the P3D- that comes with all seasons, have the same 3.5 0-60.

IIRC at least one P3D- owner swapped to performance summer tires and saw no significant change in 0-60.

The car appears to be software (or battery) limited, not traction limited.

Attachments

• 392E901C-AB14-455F-81A9-5D67DF58AC22.jpeg
    392E901C-AB14-455F-81A9-5D67DF58AC22.jpeg
    600.2 KB · Views: 120
  • E0141E99-46D2-4AAA-847A-155618BA9E84.jpeg
    E0141E99-46D2-4AAA-847A-155618BA9E84.jpeg
    628.1 KB · Views: 96
  • B7521F94-B3CB-4A0F-9E18-A1776E08043F.jpeg
    B7521F94-B3CB-4A0F-9E18-A1776E08043F.jpeg
    446.5 KB · Views: 91
  • EBBE3FDA-038F-4EEE-B4A7-E05DDA7706DC.jpeg
    EBBE3FDA-038F-4EEE-B4A7-E05DDA7706DC.jpeg