Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait, so Elon/Tesla does consider non PUP cars to be performance models? Maybe there is still hope for track mode then?
I sent another email to [email protected] today asking about track mode along with these two Elon tweets. I suggest all P3D stealth owners do the same. If they don't respond send one every day until they do. If they get enough of these maybe they'll get off their butts and inquire the powers above about status. Here are the tweets you should send.
Track mode for P3D-1.png
Track mode for P3D-2.png

Reactions: Roys3
We should get Track mode. Tesla sent me this...

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Tesla’s Executive Care team. I'm glad to hear that you're loving your Model 3. It's truly an amazing car, especially the performance model.

Unfortunately, we are unable to manually push the firmware update for Track Mode. Generally speaking, firmware updates are pushed in batches. With Track Mode, I know that there may be new versions of firmware issued that still don't have Track Mode included. Currently most of the cars receiving Track Model also have PUP, but I know that non-PUP Performance Model 3's will be receiving the feature in the coming months.

Thanks for reaching out. Wishing you well.

———-

I sent another email to [email protected] today asking about track mode along with these two Elon tweets. I suggest all P3D stealth owners do the same. If they don't respond send one every day until they do. If they get enough of these maybe they'll get off their butts and inquire the powers above about status. Here are the tweets you should send.
View attachment 357861
View attachment 357862
We should

I'm no expert but from my experiences dealing with rooting phones etc. the maker would be able to identify the hack and it makes upgrades impossible. (without restoring the original software and/or waiting for your hacker buddies to hack the new version) I'm sure there are plenty of ways Tesla can monitor their code for alterations.

Nah. They won't/can't void your warranty for something like that. You only get into trouble when you modify your vehicle or break something while racing it. Your 0-60 run isn't any different than merging onto an interstate.

My wife’s bmw i3 has a software limited gas tank for the generator. There’s a simple software “hack” that gives you access to the entire tank. I can switch that on and off and bmw could care less or they don’t see it. Sure, it gets reset back whenever they do an update but I can just open it right back up.. just sayin... :)

Hello Juan,

Thank you for reaching out to Tesla Customer Support. We would be more than happy to send this request to our team who is overseeing this project for refunds with the Performance Model 3. Our team will reach out as soon as possible to speak with you on this refund request. Please be aware that there have been many requests in regards to this refund. There is a back log for reaching out for customers, please be patient as all customer requests will be answered by our team.

Thank you very much,

Lisa C. | Tesla Support
12832 Frontrunner Blvd | Draper, UT 84020
p 877.798.3752 | [email protected]

I stated on my email that I don't have PUP but she probably has no clue about how the refunds are being handled... will see what the refund team says.

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
Doing it now...
Escalated for executive review:

Please provide the subject of your question
1) Track Mode - 2) Most profit margin!
Please describe your experience
1) Another P-Stealth/P-Aero owner suggested we remind you that we still don't have our promised track mode yet . Consider yourself reminded.
2) Do you realize that as things stand now - with $5K reduced PUP-cars for new buyers, AND $5K cash back to early PUP buyers - THAT WE P-STEALTHERS ARE PROVIDING TESLA THE LARGEST PROFIT MARGIN AND GETTING THE LEAST !!! Some fairness now please!

Can you tell I'm losing respect for these silent "executive reviewers"? :mad:

I stated on my email that I don't have PUP but she probably has no clue about how the refunds are being handled... will see what the refund team says.

If they are waiting for everyone to make their requests first, before they "speak with you", then we'll be waiting a long time.
They need to get out ahead of this! Make a solid and fair policy! They know who owns what...
I don't need individual attention because I "requested" they act fairly. Really only one group is left in the lurch now...

We should get Track mode. Tesla sent me this...

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Tesla’s Executive Care team. I'm glad to hear that you're loving your Model 3. It's truly an amazing car, especially the performance model.

Unfortunately, we are unable to manually push the firmware update for Track Mode. Generally speaking, firmware updates are pushed in batches. With Track Mode, I know that there may be new versions of firmware issued that still don't have Track Mode included. Currently most of the cars receiving Track Model also have PUP, but I know that non-PUP Performance Model 3's will be receiving the feature in the coming months.

Thanks for reaching out. Wishing you well.

———-

We should
Wow! First good news in a long time! I almost regret sending my message now - ALMOST... :)

Nah, that red line for us lowly Stealthers just means that we are considered red-headed you-know-whats... :(
They should make it gold, because we provided the most $$$$-margin to Tesla. :confused:
That's probably not true. I bet free supercharging is worth about $1k on average which is about what it costs Tesla to add bigger brakes and tires (wheels are probably the same price).

Escalated for executive review:

Please provide the subject of your question
1) Track Mode - 2) Most profit margin!
Please describe your experience
1) Another P-Stealth/P-Aero owner suggested we remind you that we still don't have our promised track mode yet . Consider yourself reminded.
2) Do you realize that as things stand now - with $5K reduced PUP-cars for new buyers, AND $5K cash back to early PUP buyers - THAT WE P-STEALTHERS ARE PROVIDING TESLA THE LARGEST PROFIT MARGIN AND GETTING THE LEAST !!! Some fairness now please!

Can you tell I'm losing respect for these silent "executive reviewers"? :mad:
I would not use lingo that's specific to this forum. I don't think they'll know what P3D Stealth is.

Wow! First good news in a long time! I almost regret sending my message now - ALMOST... :)
No regrets. Keep sending. One guy's response from Tesla is not worth a lot since they have a history of responding in a contradictory manner. Even Elon himself has been contradictory. He said 5K refunds for all performance models yet stealthers have nothing. Bombard them with emails daily until they do something like give us a delivery date we can hold them up to.

• Love
No regrets. Keep sending. One guy's response from Tesla is not worth a lot since they have a history of responding in a contradictory manner. Even Elon himself has been contradictory. He said 5K refunds for all performance models yet stealthers have nothing. Bombard them with emails daily until they do something like give us a delivery date we can hold them up to.
Good point - they contradict all the time! So we all have to fight individually (while some just get stuff gifted without any effort).
What an admin! What a policy! They really need to improve!

Don't they have some new female top manager? Would be nice for her to take a look at this mess - her first chance to prove herself and shine (or flop). Has anyone heard what she has done so far? Or heard anything she has said? (This is the shareholder in me speaking.)

If they are waiting for everyone to make their requests first, before they "speak with you", then we'll be waiting a long time.
They need to get out ahead of this! Make a solid and fair policy! They know who owns what...
I don't need individual attention because I "requested" they act fairly. Really only one group is left in the lurch now...

They just got back to me. They said enjoy free supercharing :mad:

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: P85_DA and Roys3