Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the meanwhile lets go check on a P buyer who placed an order yesterday afternoon.

EA3397D3-4C0F-40E8-9574-14740343B22E.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Jedi2155 and P85_DA
This is very “Indian Giver” from Elon. We give you free supercharging but now we will take it away from you in order to give you $5k that is free for everyone else as of now. I would rather Elon offers the original $3k full self driving free upgrade to all 3PD+ as an alternative to the $5k refund.
This would be fair since we all know that the Supercharger is worth on average $2k. Yes some use it more and some use it less. But $2k is fair on average. $3k upgrade for Full Self driving that is still not ready is fair : $3+$2 = $5.

FSD upgrade with Supercharger or $5k crédit without supercharger is more appropriate since some people are not interested in downgrading after the fact.

My builder did not say: I will refund you a little cash and take the wood deck back.

So unprofessional. But very “Indian Giver”

Elon, I think I will consider trading the 3 for the Porsche if you don’t fox this without the customer having to give back something that was offered originally.

(877) 798-3752

I hit #2, and then #3 I think (the "question about your account" option - that was the closest option).

It took me all of two minutes to get a human and I got a similar response as others. Didn't think to check this thread first, haha.

She said they're in the process of setting up an automated process to handle those and an e-mail should be going out in the next few weeks. I guess I'll just patiently wait for that. Definitely looking forward to $5k off, assuming that's legit!

So is there a reason to call in now to get on a list or something? Did they make a note on your account or just tell you to sit tight they are working on it?

P3d- owner here. I didn't want the big wheels, I just wanted the speed off the line and better range from the smaller wheels. Also (supposedly) got free lifetime supercharging, though right now my card is being charged every time I use it. I guess I'll try for the refund- may use it on more tesla gear.

P3d- owner here. I didn't want the big wheels, I just wanted the speed off the line and better range from the smaller wheels. Also (supposedly) got free lifetime supercharging, though right now my card is being charged every time I use it. I guess I'll try for the refund- may use it on more tesla gear.
Had my P3D- delivered the same day as you - are you sure we can get a refund as well??

This goes against my belief that social media is a social disease.

I've been in tech for years. I get it, Tesla is a tech company. When someone likes me buys tech you do it with the understanding that the tech comes with no promises, including price. You do so knowing that the thing you just paid for will be half the cost soon. And the new thing, will have twice the processing power.

In all my years, I've not once bought something then a month later the price was significantly less.

We took delivery of our P3D 9-21-18. Now a month later, the price is $5k less. We paid for FSD. Now it's not even an option. So from my keyboard, we flushed $10k down the toilet - sort of.

re: $5k price drop.

There's a thread about this on another site, here:
Tesla reduces price of Model 3 Performance [Updated: Elon Musk makes it right]

Assuming the comments aren't bots/homies, there's stuff to glean.

We got the full $7.5k rebate. So that helps. And we got free supercharging for life, that helps.

When it was announced that the rebates were going to be cut in half, my first thought was Elon would lower the price by that much. So I expected a price change. Did I expect it a month later? No. Am I pissed? I was yesterday. But then I practiced being present. What's done is done, wasting time in the past is nowhere. I was happy with the price @ $80k.

Does it cause me to tell others not to buy a Tesla? No. The mission of electric cars is ultra-important - for the economy, for the planet. Go Elon.

re: FSD
If Elon ends up giving it away, I'm fine with that too. But I think he should do something for those that ponied up.

##
So Elon, in the unlikely chance you're reading this, here's my thoughts.

Would you get it together and get me my rear badge and spoiler? That was a big deal to me. Like, soon?

And how 'bout this, too, Elon? We live in the mountains of CO. The 20" stock tires are a hit on range. 20" snow tires are a big hit on range. How 'bout making a 19" tire/wheel set that'd fit on my car? Now I'm getting better range. And, if it does turn out that you give away FSD, cut us a deal on the tire/wheel set.

Something else, Elon. I think you're guilty of truth in advertising on range. The website says 310 miles. Phooey. You need to do a much better job of telling people how range works. Do a better job of telling 'em about heat and cold, how both affect range. Tell people that they should calculate range based on an 80% charge, and not dropping below 20% charge. Doing so is being straight up, it's integrity.

Elon, you're going to go down as one of the great minds. You already are, one of the great minds. We bought your car because we needed one. It's a little above our pay grade, but we love it. Your car rocks. We love helping the planet.

One more. You ever called your company, the phone number on the website? Terrible. My experience has been that your tech support is worse than Apple's tech support. Now that I've bought the car my rep doesn't want to have anything to do with me. I tried getting a hold of finance, because we still don't have the registration docs. They basically told me to pound sand. I don't like that. No car, is worth going through lousy service to drive it. We paid $80k for your car.

Listen to your customers, Elon. They're all you have.

Peace and love,

That’s right. We have to spend $4k for winter wheels that we don’t want. We want 19 inch winter wheels because the range of the P3D+ in the Midwest is 250 miles at 45 degrees outside. At freezing and 20 inch winter tires we will be at 220,miles.

I agree on FSD free upgrade for those that did not order it. And for those that paid for FSD, offer a discount on winter wheel set or something similar. May be a free 2nd set of P Zero since those will have to be replaced in 30,000 miles.

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
I am really curious how this actually unfolds for Tesla and if they follow through with the $5k refunds to P owners. If it actually happens:

Rather than loosing millions giving back 5K they should allow an option for free Auto pilot if not already purchased. This would make some whole and no money lost on Tesla's part. Granted this would not work for those already with Auto pilot.

Had my P3D- delivered the same day as you - are you sure we can get a refund as well??

I called in to Tesla this morning and was assured that I will not be compensated in any way. I'm in the 3P- pissed off camp since my car just got devalued over night by $5000 and I've only had 2 weeks of seat time in it. I don't know how anyone could see it any other way.

This is not the same as being annoyed about missing out on an upgrade 6-12 months after the initial cars e.g. Ludicrous option comes later. That kind of thing is to be expected from getting a car in a rapidly innovative company. This arbitrary price change is something entirely different and to me unacceptable.

So P3D+ and P3D- can get $5k back.. very cool for them!

Can 3D upgrade to P3D- for $5k? Extra revenue for this might offset the $5k refunds from current P3D owners.
Where did you see that existing P3D- will get refund? I am pretty certain it's not the case. That would be a LOT of money to refund (75MM?) and certainly would be financially material and have to be disclosed to investors (I.e stock could get another hit)