Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just out of curiosity, I know Elon said they would either offer $5K back or FUSC to those that purchased the PUP. I think this is incredibly generous and it certainly did not have to be the case. But I am glad he said that it would be and I’ll keep my hopes up.

What do we think the chances are that they will add a third option for EAP if you don’t have it since it is a pre-delivery option of $5K? Or will they just stick to $5K or FUSC? As long as this offer remains true.
No, he did not. He said they would offer refund to P3D buyers. He said nothing about PUP. Anything else is speculation.

That was my experience with the DA. Before and after delivery I never heard from them. They never picked up their phone nor did they return calls or emails. They called me when they needed something from me though. Once I took delivery never heard from them again despite numerous attempts to contact them.

Easily the worst customer service I've ever experienced with a car. I've only dealt with one company that was worse overall, Verizon. They are pure evil.

This was my experience as well.

Reactions: Perry
That is a shame. My experience for all 3 cars (which took 4 deliveries) was the opposite. In each case, responsiveness and communications were great. Biggest issue being too much communication, some of it contradictory, which was easily sorted out.

So I think this is down to individuals. And I will hazard a guess these are the factors:

1) quickly growing workforce makes it difficult to impart a culture.
2) confusing, rapidly changing configurations, pricing, policies make it difficult for employees to keep up and makes them uncertain about their authority
3) probably considered a hot company to work for, so I’m sure some egos balloon.
4) workforce mainly millennials, which has unique characteristics, as has been mentioned upthread

Of these things, the one Tesla could most immediately address is #2. Stop changing everything every week.

Sure keeps this forum in business though!

I have been reassigned a new VIN since i told Tesla I no longer wanted a p3d- . I now have a new VIN but its a 83xxx number so now i'm worried I have been assigned a reject from someone else . my p3d- Vin was 94XXX. Also when I go to my mobile app it starts to load a model 3 and says mobile access disabled. What do you guys think?

I have been reassigned a new VIN since i told Tesla I no longer wanted a p3d- . I now have a new VIN but its a 83xxx number so now i'm worried I have been assigned a reject from someone else . my p3d- Vin was 94XXX. Also when I go to my mobile app it starts to load a model 3 and says mobile access disabled. What do you guys think?
Well someone has to take them rejects, right? ;) For reference my P3D+ was built in September with VIN 84xxx.

Doesn't exactly make me feel better but I get what your saying. This car is like 3x the amount I ever paid for a car so I just want it to go flawless. preferably i'd want a October build as i'm sure Tesla was rushing since September was the end of q3.
I’ve got a 60k vin delivered September 30 and is flawless. Relax. Inspect and deal with issues if there are any.

Doesn't exactly make me feel better but I get what your saying. This car is like 3x the amount I ever paid for a car so I just want it to go flawless. preferably i'd want a October build as i'm sure Tesla was rushing since September was the end of q3.

Yea be careful what you wish for. After I told them that waiting 3 months after getting my original VIN dropped (they assigned it to me 3 days before leaving for a 2 week business trip and wouldn't hold it for me) for another VIN was not acceptable to me they "found" a car in a warehouse. I later discovered it had a July build date (I took delivery of it in September). The car spent 2 weeks in service getting all the cosmetic defects corrected including a dent in the C-Pillar, 2 scratched chrome trim pieces and a scratched front quarter panel among several other things.

If I had known the alternative to waiting a long time was to receive a car that was set aside for too many defects I would have chosen to wait longer. Live and learn. Car looks great now!

Yea be careful what you wish for. After I told them that waiting 3 months after getting my original VIN dropped (they assigned it to me 3 days before leaving for a 2 week business trip and wouldn't hold it for me) for another VIN was not acceptable to me they "found" a car in a warehouse. I later discovered it had a July build date (I took delivery of it in September). The car spent 2 weeks in service getting all the cosmetic defects corrected including a dent in the C-Pillar, 2 scratched chrome trim pieces and a scratched front quarter panel among several other things.

If I had known the alternative to waiting a long time was to receive a car that was set aside for too many defects I would have chosen to wait longer. Live and learn. Car looks great now!

If i'm understanding your correctly, then yes this is was i'm afraid of , having a car assigned to me that was a reject and is an older build. when I went from p3d- to p3d+ on Saturday told them I have no problem waiting a month for a new car