Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard someone who already took delivery of their car will be getting a refund check in the next 30 days. Can someone else confirm this is true?
Let’s be clear. If someone else chimes in and says “that’s true, I’m that guy” or “that’s true, I heard it too” that means NOTHING. We will have reliable info regarding who gets what (and who doesn’t) when people start posting real emails from Tesla, or real bill of sale info as @artsci did above.

Oh, how I wish I can look at your car. I would ruin your day. Its good that your happy though.
If you ever fly through Denver I park it at the airport every week. Happy for you to have a look. But it wouldn’t ruin my day. If you are able to point out things that bother you, doesn’t mean they bother me. I’m sure there are flaws, but nothing that makes any difference to me.

I would worry. The procedure is delay, then it is easier to offer nothing or something a lot less when tempers have cooled off. The more they wait to announce, the less will be offered since the pressure is diminishing. My bet is that they will not compensate anyone for anything unless their order time was really close or during to the price change.
Good point. I plan to start filing complaints with the BBB in the next week if I don't hear anything. If that doesn't work there's always small claims court.

Let’s be clear. If someone else chimes in and says “that’s true, I’m that guy” or “that’s true, I heard it too” that means NOTHING. We will have reliable info regarding who gets what (and who doesn’t) when people start posting real emails from Tesla, or real bill of sale info as @artsci did above.

That's the thing, someone posted it on reddit (was a screenshot of an email sent from Tesla), but when i went back to take a screenshot the post, it was deleted. I'm guessing it was deleted because the email screenshot had an employees name.

In short ,the email said they will be refunding the owner $5,000 and will be removing the free, unlimited supercharging. All this will be happening over the next 30 days.

Edit: Should also note they used the ask a question feature on the support page and clicked the escalate to management button.

Last edited:
Somebody on Model 3 Facebook group posted the attached. If this is true then they are processing the $5K refunds. I didn't buy the PUP on my P so not sure since this guy bought the PUP.

Attachments

• Tesla Refund.jpg
    Tesla Refund.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 157
That's the thing, someone posted it on reddit (was a screenshot of an email sent from Tesla), but when i went back to take a screenshot the post, it was deleted. I'm guessing it was deleted because the email screenshot had an employees name.

In short ,the email said they will be refunding the owner $5,000 and will be removing the free, unlimited supercharging. All this will be happening over the next 30 days.

Edit: Should also note they used the ask a question feature on the support page and clicked the escalate to management button.

You beat me to the post but I actually saved the screen shot from the facebook post.

Somebody on Model 3 Facebook group posted the attached. If this is true then they are processing the $5K refunds. I didn't buy the PUP on my P so not sure since this guy bought the PUP.
hah i got an email from the same guy.

but instead of saying im getting the refund, he just said that i have unlimited supercharging and its an awesome thing to have. i responded with asking how i can get the 5k back.

Funny, the screenshot above from the Model 3 fb group is mine. I got the email from Parker this morning telling me that I have free supercharging and how it’s just as good as $5000. I responded saying that I want the refund and if that means no free supercharging, then so be it.

He responded with what you see in the screenshot.

If he follows up, I’ll post on fb and here. Other than that it’s a waiting game now.

Reactions: whatthe2
Just got confirmation that I'm getting a 5k check in the mail.

Hello TANGO SUKKA,

Thank you for the confirmation. I have submitted the refund for $5,000 and the removal of your Free, Unlimited Supercharging. The check will be mailed to your physical address on file within the next 4 weeks.

Reactions: whatthe2
Two different folks at Tesla happily do not believe in the notion of P3D MINUS because they said

"...but my understanding is that it applies to ALL performance Model 3's that received free Supercharging for life."

to my query about the 5k refund and if it was real. One reply said requests are going into a queue so some details are to be finalized

So take it as you will but it seems it's real and specifically does relate to most of the folks who already have a Performance Dual Motor 3 and free supercharging. How many folks don't have it FUSC who already took delivery I wonder..