Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had asked about the keyfob since my car advertised it would now work and I got someone who seemed really excited to be answering email so I took advantage and asked a couple more questions including the Performance refund biz. One email said:

"Here's the scoop : Customers who would rather have the 5k than free lifetime supercharging can email us & submit the request per Elon's tweet & we will honor that request. Not sure what the turn around time on that is but we have received several requests & have developed a queue to process them in the order received. "

FWIW

I had asked about the keyfob since my car advertised it would now work and I got someone who seemed really excited to be answering email so I took advantage and asked a couple more questions including the Performance refund biz. One email said:

"Here's the scoop : Customers who would rather have the 5k than free lifetime supercharging can email us & submit the request per Elon's tweet & we will honor that request. Not sure what the turn around time on that is but we have received several requests & have developed a queue to process them in the order received. "

FWIW

what email did they provide to submit that request??

P3D- here who took delivery already. just got this response...

Thank you for reaching out to me!

At this time, the refund is for customers whom have upgraded to the $5,000 Performance Upgrades Package, with the 20” Performance Wheels, Carbon Fiber Spoiler, and Performance Brakes. I didn’t see that you had ordered this in your account.

That's what I was told just now via phone. P3D- can get FUSC or PUP, but no refund.

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
That was already on the table for a lot us (that reserved prior to 9/15 with a code). Did you reserve after this? Seems like they are telling you something that was already in place for people reserving before that and not honoring EM's tweet.

I reserved it on day 1, but waited specifically for AWD Performance and white interioe. Placed order in early August, took delivery in early September.

One reply said requests are going into a queue so some details are to be finalized

So take it as you will but it seems it's real and specifically does relate to most of the folks who already have a Performance Dual Motor 3 and free supercharging. How many folks don't have it FUSC who already took delivery I wonder..
So how does one get into this queue? Who do you have to call?

Either your LR is overpriced or 3P+ is underpriced. From a replacement value perspective it makes zero sense.

Agree somewhat. Likely 80-90% of accidents are < totaled so the difference is at the margin on collision insurance.

I was somewhat surprised the liability was not higher as with the faster car it usually means high probably of injury or injuring someone. This is where the real money is in insurance claims.