Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hah i got an email from the same guy.

but instead of saying im getting the refund, he just said that i have unlimited supercharging and its an awesome thing to have. i responded with asking how i can get the 5k back.

I received the same email from our friend Parker. It seems like even if $5000 refund does happen, we should still get some level of free supercharging from the referral code promotion. Not a deal breaker for me with the supercharger, I do not use it unless I'm on a road trip.

Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
I received the same email from our friend Parker. It seems like even if $5000 refund does happen, we should still get some level of free supercharging from the referral code promotion. Not a deal breaker for me with the supercharger, I do not use it unless I'm on a road trip.
That was already on the table for a lot us (that reserved prior to 9/15 with a code). Did you reserve after this? Seems like they are telling you something that was already in place for people reserving before that and not honoring EM's tweet.

It’s I interesting that people are now getting a free supercharger upgrade ( if they want turn down the $5k) while they did not have the rights for it since they are freed it too late. But the people that already had the free upgrade are now equals to the ones they are getting the free supercharger. I guess Tesla does not like it’s super adopters as much as the late adopter when it comes to freebies. Those guys did not have to trade they got something for nothing.

Congrats to the ones getting the freebie supercharger. No freebies for the ones that had the supercharger already. Just a $5000 trade that I don’t want and that 15% of the same group does not want either. The $5k is good for the 85% that are willing to make the trade.

Reactions: MXWing
All,

I have spoken to 2 reps so far and both have confirmed that I get both the Performance upgrade package and Free supercharing for life (only for orders made before July 31st). Apparently Tesla sent an official communication to the customer service just today about this. I'm still not believing this, so I'm actually on the phone with the customer service guy asking him to send me a written email to confirm this.

All,

I have spoken to 2 reps so far and both have confirmed that I get both the Performance upgrade package and Free supercharing for life (only for orders made before July 31st). Apparently Tesla sent an official communication to the customer service just today about this. I'm still not believing this, so I'm actually on the phone with the customer service guy asking him to send me a written email to confirm this.
But do you get the $5k refund? Have you already taken delivery?

All,

So confusing..... :/

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
All,

Why July 31? I ordered mid August with a referral to get free superchsrging, what would be the case if I didn’t have the referral? Would I still get the refund with nothing taken back? It seems to me I should be able to keep it and get the refund.

All,

This is confirmed now, I have an official email from Tesla Customer support saying a) I get free Performance upgrade packfe (meaning $5k refund) and b) I have free supercharging for life (only for orders made before July 31st). Now I have to wait for new delivery date.

All,

Awesome. I placed my order on 6/29. So this means I get my 5k AND keep the supercharging?

This is confirmed now, I have an official email from Tesla Customer support saying a) I get free Performance upgrade packfe (meaning $5k refund) and b) I have free supercharging for life (only for orders made before July 31st). Now I have to wait for new delivery date.

Well, I ordered at the end of June yet my email from Tesla says I get the $5k refund INSTEAD of the free supercharging :)

P3D- here who took delivery already. just got this response...

Thank you for reaching out to me!

At this time, the refund is for customers whom have upgraded to the $5,000 Performance Upgrades Package, with the 20” Performance Wheels, Carbon Fiber Spoiler, and Performance Brakes. I didn’t see that you had ordered this in your account.

• Informative
Reactions: TrumpetTitan
P3D- here who took delivery already. just got this response...

No minus...

At this time, the refund is for customers whom have upgraded to the $5,000 Performance Upgrades Package, with the 20” Performance Wheels, Carbon Fiber Spoiler, and Performance Brakes. I didn’t see that you had ordered this in your account.

That couldn't be more opposite of what I was told. Sigh, I prefer to believe the person who responded to my query!