Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of mods... I also removed the rear badge and put it inside...
(Sure beats what they did to that poor red car above! Maybe the owner will get some inspiration.)

View attachment 356037

LOL. I have to say you are probably the ONLY person on the planet to have the badge on Model 3 that no one would imagine in addition to taking them away from rear and front emblem.

I literally ROFLed.

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: Roys3 and P85_DA
Looks as if Tesla is finally getting around to processing refunds. For the last 3 weeks I have been sending emails to Customer Service and getting no replies. Starting 2 days ago I have received at least 3 responses back from customer service. Here is a screen shot confirming my $5000 refund.
refund.jpg

Looks as if Tesla is finally getting around to processing refunds. For the last 3 weeks I have been sending emails to Customer Service and getting no replies. Starting 2 days ago I have received at least 3 responses back from customer service. Here is a screen shot confirming my $5000 refund.View attachment 356148

Have to ask - do you have the performance upgrade package on your car?

Ok just to stir the pot further...

My latest correspondence with Tesla CS:

"Good morning,

The information I have is that the Tweet Offer is for performance models and is not tied to the PUP...

Elon has tweeted about the lifetime Supercharging or receiving the Model 3 Performance refund of $5,000. If a customer is eligible for the refund, they have the option to choose a $5,000 refund and forfeit their Free, Unlimited Supercharging. This refund will remove any and all Free, Unlimited Supercharging, regardless of how it was obtained. This is because new owners are not able to take advantage of the new pricing and Free, Unlimited Supercharging.

I hope that helps.

Regards,"

I then asked what my next steps should be:

"You don't need to do anything, over the next several weeks you may also receive emails to [email protected] from Field Teams regarding this refund.

Have a great afternoon!"

I am going to move on for now, and stop bugging them. I won't ever come close to using $5,000 in supercharging, but there is something about it being free & unlimited that is o-so-tempting. If it were transferrable in the event of an accident, I would consider keeping it, but I really can't justify forfeiting $5k now.

Wait, so that implies all performance models get the $5K, right?

That's what I figured. Just trying to scrape together evidence that Tesla intends to do something (anything) for us poor P3 Stealthers.
The "gifted" owners (and Tesla probably too) will say: Hey, you got FUSC. Go FUSC yourself!
- UNLESS you already had "Earned-USC", so no FUSC, no "gift" - simply a F-off...

They seem to have recently acknowledged "Earned-USC" where buyers ordered with referral codes. Those are the super-gifted folks who got it ALL!

So we have 4 categories, as far as I can tell: 1) The super-gifted, 2) The well-gifted, 3) The somewhat-gifted, and 4) The screwed.

Last edited:
If I lemon law my P3D-, will I get a PUP car as replacement?
My understanding was that Lemon Law was about making it (something like) never having purchased the car in the first place -- meaning your car is "returned" and you get cash (perhaps minus depreciation or somesuch).

Given that "legal things" never seem to be "quick" you'd probably have to order a new (additional) PUP car before the Lemon Law invocation car gets resolved -- if you want to get it this year (i.e. order on/before 11/30). Further, doing so might give additional fuel to the Tesla side of the argument.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do or not do. :)

Reactions: P85_DA and MP3Mike