Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Their reply to me, a P3D stealth owner, who already has free unlimited supercharging:

Hi Chris,

Thank you for contacting Tesla Support in regards to the recent Model 3 Performance price change. I apologize for the delay of my reply to your request.

Only vehicles equipped with the Performance Upgrade Package are eligible for this refund in exchange for Free, Unlimited Supercharging.

I have ensured that you do take benefit from Free, Unlimited Supercharging as an early adopter of Model 3 Performance. We hope you enjoy your Model 3 for all of the features you do have.

We thank you for your commitment to transitioning our planet to sustainable energy.

Sincerely,
Tesla Support | 24/7 Customer Support: 877-798-3752

• Informative
Reactions: Roys3
They just got back to me. They said enjoy free supercharing :mad:
Great. Can't wait for mine. It will be my second actually...

My response will be something like:
I enjoyed my free supercharging when I first received it "contractually incentivized " to BUY NOW! (early, before a deadline date) -
LESS when Elon gave it to me (a second time?), and everyone else -
AND FAR LESS when some got the option of trading it for $5K, and others got free PUP, and my car got taken off the menu...
Not much enjoyment left when you feel screwed!

Nobody will care or even read it...

Reactions: Msjulie
Their reply to me, a P3D stealth owner, who already has free unlimited supercharging:

Hi Chris,

Thank you for contacting Tesla Support in regards to the recent Model 3 Performance price change. I apologize for the delay of my reply to your request.

Only vehicles equipped with the Performance Upgrade Package are eligible for this refund in exchange for Free, Unlimited Supercharging.

I have ensured that you do take benefit from Free, Unlimited Supercharging as an early adopter of Model 3 Performance. We hope you enjoy your Model 3 for all of the features you do have.

We thank you for your commitment to transitioning our planet to sustainable energy.

Sincerely,
Tesla Support | 24/7 Customer Support: 877-798-3752
That's the same one I got a long time ago.
I feel VERY comforted that are "ensuring" that I "take benefit" - from something I already had ages ago!
They are taking the lazy, crooked, screw-the-customer route.

Reactions: Perry
Time to start supercharging at every opportunity!

Hopefully you’re joking about this. There is no sense in abusing a charging system just because it’s “free”. Superchargers are there to enable long distance travel. Not to help disgruntled customers try to punish the company at the expense of travelers.

I think everyone here needs to heed the wise words of Mr. Burgundy... Stay classy San Diego.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Hopefully you’re joking about this. There is no sense in abusing a charging system just because it’s “free”. Superchargers are there to enable long distance travel. Not to help disgruntled customers try to punish the company at the expense of travelers.

I think everyone here needs to heed the wise words of Mr. Burgundy... Stay classy San Diego.

Mostly yes. Always in my communications with Tesla (on this and issues with my Roadster) I am polite to a fault, but I don't give in either.. my comment above was a reflection of what I think a bunch of folks feel, frustrated at the conflicting and sometimes non-existent communications.

To contrast that, I had a service visit scheduled for the badge which was cancelled 'cause no parts in stock. I knew this was false (based on a post in this forum) so I called and got someone super helpful who figured out there is indeed stock, in the mobile team somehow, and has asked them to contact me to arrange... sometimes you luck out but I wish it wasn't a dice toss...

Reactions: Roys3 and whatthe2
Good to hear Msjulie! I know a lot of people are frustrated but letting that frustration impact other owners isn’t the right move. Like that one dude in another thread saying to hold a sit in at showrooms. Pure nonsense.

At the end of the day Tesla is a car company with a founder with a relaxed communication style with their customers. Set expectations appropriately and give them some slack. Compare them against the other car companies you’ve dealt with. Not holding them to a higher standard for no justified reason. Personally I find the joy my performance model 3 gives me when driving earns Tesla a lot of slack.

• Love
Another P3 stealth owner here. Same FUSC off response...

‘In regards to the $5000 refund, this is only available to our customers who purchased the Performance Upgrade Package. According to our records, you do not qualify for this refund.’

Sent a long (too long), but I hope completely reasonable response explaining why those in my position feel like we’ve been screwed over. Doubt they’ll respond...

Great. Can't wait for mine. It will be my second actually...

My response will be something like:
I enjoyed my free supercharging when I first received it "contractually incentivized " to BUY NOW! (early, before a deadline date) -
LESS when Elon gave it to me (a second time?), and everyone else -
AND FAR LESS when some got the option of trading it for $5K, and others got free PUP, and my car got taken off the menu...
Not much enjoyment left when you feel screwed!

Nobody will care or even read it...
Wow! I love that reply. So to the point and exactly how I feel.

Nea! They are for extracting the 5K that is owed. Elon said its worth 5K, I am going oblige him to that 5K.

I'll show the same class Tesla showed when responding to us with a FUSK off!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Good to hear Msjulie! I know a lot of people are frustrated but letting that frustration impact other owners isn’t the right move. Like that one dude in another thread saying to hold a sit in at showrooms. Pure nonsense.

At the end of the day Tesla is a car company with a founder with a relaxed communication style with their customers. Set expectations appropriately and give them some slack. Compare them against the other car companies you’ve dealt with. Not holding them to a higher standard for no justified reason. Personally I find the joy my performance model 3 gives me when driving earns Tesla a lot of slack.
I rather have a CEO that provides less goodies but is fair to everyone, rather than super-gift some and shove the dagger in others. I mean the whole reason Tesla's buying experience was revolutionary was because haggling was eliminated and every one paid the same. As it turns out, its worse than the dealership model. At least there you can rely on negotiating skills. Here its the roll of the dice whether you get it from behind, price wise and build quality wise.

I rather have a CEO that provides less goodies but is fair to everyone, rather than super-gift some and shove the dagger in others. I mean the whole reason Tesla's buying experience was revolutionary was because haggling was eliminated and every one paid the same. As it turns out, its worse than the dealership model. At least there you can rely on negotiating skills. Here its the roll of the dice whether you get it from behind, price wise and build quality wise.
This makes no sense. Every car company drops the price of their cars over time. They just do it through dealer kickbacks instead of changing the MSRP. The end result is the same though, if you wait to purchase you will get a better price. I guarantee you that future Model 3s will either be cheaper or have more features.
The way I look at it is that FUSC is worth about $1k on average and the value of PUP is about $1k (bigger brake calipers are not expensive!) therefore P3D + PUP = P3D + FUSC. By your logic every Tesla owner who purchased before the price drop would be owed some sort of refund because we were all denied the option of "free" PUP.

This makes no sense. Every car company drops the price of their cars over time. They just do it through dealer kickbacks instead of changing the MSRP. The end result is the same though, if you wait to purchase you will get a better price. I guarantee you that future Model 3s will either be cheaper or have more features.
The way I look at it is that FUSC is worth about $1k on average and the value of PUP is about $1k (bigger brake calipers are not expensive!) therefore P3D + PUP = P3D + FUSC. By your logic every Tesla owner who purchased before the price drop would be owed some sort of refund because we were all denied the option of "free" PUP.
I should stop posting since my posts seem to be getting reported ... but 1k difference? The wheels and tires alone are a $2000 difference.

Tesla | Model 3

Bigger rotors and calipers will likely be $1000 more than what we have add well (anyone know yet)?

I should stop posting since no on likes my posts... but 1k difference? The wheels and tires alone are a $2000 difference.
I would be surprised if 20" wheels cost more than the 18" wheels to manufacture. The 18" wheels are quite light and also include aero covers. The 20" wheels are soft boat anchors. Tesla MXM4s are $277, Tesla PS4Ss are $340 and Tesla's cost is less of course. Both the performance and non performance have Brembo calipers. I doubt that slightly larger calipers and rotors from the same manufacturer are much more expensive. They have the same number of pistons right?

Reactions: dww12 and Jeffers0n
I'm a P3D- owner but I am well over the $5k issue. The car is fantastic and I am not going to get stuck in a downward spiral. Honestly the attitude of some of the + people bothers me much more than the $5k. My loyalty to Tesla may have lessened over this issue but I have no complaints about the car of the century.

I would love to see Elon come through with Track Mode for the minus though. It was clearly promised and is really the only component of the plus that I want.