Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 owners still fall on the bottom of most scorned Tesla owners I believe.

Here's the new updated list of most screwed over Tesla owners:

1 - Those who took delivery of S/X AP1 cars right before AP2 release.
2 - Those who leased AP2 cars at introduction.
3 - P85 owners who missed the window for ludicrious upgrade.
4 - 60D owners who unlocked their batteries too early.
5 - 3D owners who could have gotten Performance for much cheaper.
6 - 3P+ owners with white seats and keeping FUSC

Don’t forget purchased FSD 3+ years before any options showed up to take advantage of it.

Reactions: MXWing
I got a response from customer support this morning confirming my stealth P3D is now eligible for the $5K exchange and asking for a mailing address for the check. Think I'll wait a few days to see if anything materializes regarding PUP upgrades vs $5K and if not take the money.

This is a little bit of dilemma. I am happy that they clarified things, but I think I would opt for the brake upgrade and track mode if given the opportunity. I do think it is probably important to move ahead with the refund before they change their minds.

If no upgrade is available, my plan is to buy a set of 19" BBS staggered wheels in the spring.

This is a little bit of dilemma. I am happy that they clarified things, but I think I would opt for the brake upgrade and track mode if given the opportunity. I do think it is probably important to move ahead with the refund before they change their minds.

If no upgrade is available, my plan is to buy a set of 19" BBS staggered wheels in the spring.

You can get after market brakes and wheels for under $5k. Elon also confirmed that track mode will be pushed out to P3D stealth in January. Take the $5k.

Waited to see this play out. Happy to get the appropriate $5K, no interest in FUSC. Now we need a sensible Track Mode policy then I will install my SS brake lines and Hawk pads and sell the 18" aeros and stock rotors and all will be right in the world.

You can get after market brakes and wheels for under $5k. Elon also confirmed that track mode will be pushed out to P3D stealth in January. Take the $5k.

I think it will be difficult to get everything that Tesla offers for 5k. A nice set of wheels and tires will run you at least $3000, two piece rotors front of back cost around $2000. You still need to buy calipers and the cosmetic parts.

I think it will be difficult to get everything that Tesla offers for 5k. A nice set of wheels and tires will run you at least $3000, two piece rotors front of back cost around $2000. You still need to buy calipers and the cosmetic parts.

EV Tuning Solution, TSW 19 X 9 Nurburgring with MPS4S 245, MPP / Girodisc front rotors, Hawk pads.....$4220 - 5% first order discount = $4009

The MPP rotors come with offsets for the smaller calipers so no need.

FQTviqrXE3M3wbhU8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FQTviqrXE3M3wbhU8

Last edited:
Reactions: juanmedina