Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P3D with PUP.

10/8/18: Delivery
12/16/18: Requested refund via online support, checked executive escalation
12/17/18: Reply to e-mail received, they requested confirmation that I wanted to remove FUSC, then requested an address to send the check to.
12/29/18: Check processing date
1/7/19: Check received

True, but if I did find out that there was a discrepancy like this, I would call my IT guy to pull a database query on all 5K refunded accounts that still have FUSK and fix the issue.

Don't know if Tesla is organized enough to do that but that would be a simple audit to do at a normal high tech company.

Yeah they should be able to run queries hourly along with multiple other sanity checks.

My nephew got free EAP. He didn’t pay for it and it isn’t a purchasable option.

He can’t be the only one.

Again it should be easy to true up, so drops like that makes nothing surprising.

The real lucky ones are the ones who got P for an AWD car.

Reactions: Jedi2155 and P85_DA
If anyone wants a retrofit instead of a refund on their Model 3 Performance Stealth this is what Tesla said this morning:

screenshot_20190108-112648-png.367271

Looks like my battles are coming to a close - I just got this:

Hello Roy,

Thank you for contacting Tesla customer support. Your refund has been fully processes and a check has been issued to you on 1/9. It can take 30-60 days for you to receive it. Have a wonderful day!

Best regards,
Tesla Customer Supprot

This is about a $50K Roadster reservation refund, because I'm not getting a $5K refund (or anything else) out of this Performance Model 3 pricing mess - which we've taken to 147 pages! :)

Tesla stayed stubborn. I stayed stubborn. So no new Roadster from Tesla - maybe a used one at some point...
Not sure why it takes 30-60 days after check issuance, but so be it... (Sure beats the 60-90 days they stated first!)
I pointed out to them that some Performance Model 3 refunds took only 2 weeks.

Reactions: Msjulie