Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance y vins are here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the same boat too in terms of valuation. I know this can’t be the case for everyone, but I’ve only driven my trade in 13 miles in between my first and second valuation and they gave me the same exact value back. I have another Tesla to use in the meantime so once again this might not make sense for you; but my point being is if you hardly drive your trade in, they’ll probably keep you close to the same valuation. I say this now and my next valuation (which expires the first week in December) will probably be lower, even though I plan to not drive it at all. Good luck, and let’s hope we hear something soon!

Where does it give an expectation date on trade in value? I don’t see one on the account management page.

Where does it give an expectation date on trade in value? I don’t see one on the account management page.

Not sure what you mean. The next time you’ll get reevaluated again? I kept a record of when my evaluations come up in my calendar. And I just called my local Tesla sales center and he said I should get matched within the next week or two. He said to call back in 2 weeks if I haven’t heard anything. He said ALL orders have to be fulfilled by the end of December because of end of quarters stuff, and the reason for the delay was because they were waiting for the 2021 models to come out. But he said 2 weeks to VIN match then 2 weeks for transport....which puts me into my third valuation.

Not sure what you mean. The next time you’ll get reevaluated again? I kept a record of when my evaluations come up in my calendar. And I just called my local Tesla sales center and he said I should get matched within the next week or two. He said to call back in 2 weeks if I haven’t heard anything. He said ALL orders have to be fulfilled by the end of December because of end of quarters stuff, and the reason for the delay was because they were waiting for the 2021 models to come out. But he said 2 weeks to VIN match then 2 weeks for transport....which puts me into my third valuation.

Apologies, I typed that message on mobile and had a typo and also I wasn't clear. Yeah, was wondering if there was a date in the system for reevaluations, but it seems they just reach out when it is time. Another unclear line of communication.

Excited for you to get your delivery. Hope the valuation stays the same.

I have the MSM Performance with tow hitch on order and like most here and going stir crazy waiting for that VIN.

Apologies, I typed that message on mobile and had a typo and also I wasn't clear. Yeah, was wondering if there was a date in the system for reevaluations, but it seems they just reach out when it is time. Another unclear line of communication.

Excited for you to get your delivery. Hope the valuation stays the same.

I have the MSM Performance with tow hitch on order and like most here and going stir crazy waiting for that VIN.

So they give you 30 days. When you got the initial trade in evaluation and then applied it to your order you have 30 days from then. After the 30days is up it will prompt you to reenter adjusted mileage and then send you a new email with the valuation that you have to accept again and the 30 days starts from then.

Reactions: NASASpaceXlove
I wanted to provide an update. Delivery is scheduled for December 1. That was the earliest available. To save folks from researching my previous posts or searching the order spreadsheet, below you will find my MYP order lifecycle:

Eligible to match to VIN: October 12
VIN received: November 13
Contacted to schedule delivery: November 17
Scheduled delivery: December 1

Unless my delivery date changes it will be approximately 7 weeks from VIN eligibility match to delivery.

Well, I guess it is a little silver lining that MYs are starting to show up with USB in the glovebox and dimming side mirrors. Hopefully that center console gets swapped out as they run out of parts. I still don't have a VIN yet (ordered 10/25) so hopeful that the extra wait will result in all the new stuff. But, I'm also SUPER jealous of all of you that have VINs and delivery dates for your MYPs :) Hopefully everyone on the waiting list that ordered before me get your VINs soon.

Well, I guess it is a little silver lining that MYs are starting to show up with USB in the glovebox and dimming side mirrors. Hopefully that center console gets swapped out as they run out of parts. I still don't have a VIN yet (ordered 10/25) so hopeful that the extra wait will result in all the new stuff. But, I'm also SUPER jealous of all of you that have VINs and delivery dates for your MYPs :) Hopefully everyone on the waiting list that ordered before me get your VINs soon.
I ordered 10/1. MYP, MSM no hitch, no FSD....no vin yet. as they say, crickets

Interesting, there has not been a MYP with tow hitch VIN assignment for about ~27000 VINs now. I have one on order since 9-11 and there have been MYP Vins assigned in my configuration but only without the hitch.I was hoping very much that the tires were the only MYP delay.

Interesting, there has not been a MYP with tow hitch VIN assignment for about ~27000 VINs now. I have one on order since 9-11 and there have been MYP Vins assigned in my configuration but only without the hitch.I was hoping very much that the tires were the only MYP delay.

to make you feel better, there have been non performance Model Ys delivered with tow package... I am in the same boat. Waiting since 9/25

I just got this via text. No VIN but it is _something_

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 2 - 4 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction.

This is an automated message. Please visit tesla.com/deliveryday for more information or reply to this text with any questions.