Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance y vins are here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IR and UV protection, privacy, aesthetics. You can also realize efficiency in range. What's your aversion to tint?

Thanks for that @Clark_Kent. My philosophy has always been prioritizing function over form. I've always viewed tint as purely aesthetic with no other purpose other than to hide what's inside. But, I could see that it could provide efficiency gains by keeping the car cooler in the summer. So maybe I do need to consider that one.

Thanks for that @Clark_Kent. My philosophy has always been prioritizing function over form. I've always viewed tint as purely aesthetic with no other purpose other than to hide what's inside. But, I could see that it could provide efficiency gains by keeping the car cooler in the summer. So maybe I do need to consider that one.

This obviously varies based on your climate. Here in Las Vegas, tint is pretty much a requirement unless you want to be cooked... It doesn't have to be limo dark, but as long as it rejects heat, that's what matters. And as he stated, it will keep you compressor from working overtime and get you better range on top of it.

Reactions: daedaleck

I'm getting it to not have to make eye contact with crazy people out there.I have a pretty face and people size me up. Remain elusive.

B91E891E-3C0D-42B9-BADD-AD8EA9E6CF4B.jpeg
View attachment 610634 Moved my pick up to today and just got home. VIN 724XX. Yes to Laminated door glass but NO auto dimming mirrors. I really wanted the laminated door glass, mirrors would have been a bonus. Overall pickup experience was nice and SA was very pleasant.

Vehicle issues were minor and SA is taking care of everything. One front rim had minor damage and they will replace at my home. Rear seats are not folding down independently. SA said there is a “washer” fix for this but service had left for the day. Will be fixed at my home when wheel is replaced. One headlight was off a minor amount but I was being very picky, not even worth fixing. Otherwise panel gaps and paint looked great, at least for me.

Looked around the lot for a black performance but the new vehicles were inside.

Drive home: noticed a quieter, almost echo-like interior with the laminated door glass vs the test drive on a vehicle without this glass. Smell of the new vehicle is amazing!!!

Did Tesla do away with varying levels of regenerative braking? I didn’t see it in the options.

View attachment 610635 View attachment 610634 Moved my pick up to today and just got home. VIN 724XX. Yes to Laminated door glass but NO auto dimming mirrors. I really wanted the laminated door glass, mirrors would have been a bonus. Overall pickup experience was nice and SA was very pleasant.

Vehicle issues were minor and SA is taking care of everything. One front rim had minor damage and they will replace at my home. Rear seats are not folding down independently. SA said there is a “washer” fix for this but service had left for the day. Will be fixed at my home when wheel is replaced. One headlight was off a minor amount but I was being very picky, not even worth fixing. Otherwise panel gaps and paint looked great, at least for me.

Drive home: noticed a quieter, almost echo-like interior with the laminated door glass vs the test drive on a vehicle without this glass. Smell of the new vehicle is amazing!!!

Did Tesla do away with varying levels of regenerative braking? I didn’t see it in the options.
Dang we were hoping they would have the auto dim mirrors but o well. Wish they would have bumped my pickup to today since it will be pouring rain all day tomorrow didnt wanna have to make the 60 mile drive in the rain but o well overall sounds like everything seems good

Dang we were hoping they would have the auto dim mirrors but o well. Wish they would have bumped my pickup to today since it will be pouring rain all day tomorrow didnt wanna have to make the 60 mile drive in the rain but o well overall sounds like everything seems good
Someone with a VIN of 725XX said they had the mirrors. Not the end of the world, minor upgrade. Heated steering wheel and I would have been mad haha

View attachment 610635 View attachment 610634 Moved my pick up to today and just got home. VIN 724XX. Yes to Laminated door glass but NO auto dimming mirrors. I really wanted the laminated door glass, mirrors would have been a bonus. Overall pickup experience was nice and SA was very pleasant.

Thanks for sharing. It appears your vehicle has the Pirelli P Zero (PZ4) tires. Can you confirm?

Thanks for sharing. It appears your vehicle has the Pirelli P Zero (PZ4) tires. Can you confirm?

Looks to be the case. I'm not thrilled about either picking up with summer tires at the start of winter in Ohio or having to purchase a set of winter tires and wheels right off the bat. I'm probably going to do the latter (maybe the 20" inductions, which I wanted anyway) and am hoping the service center will install them for me.

Looks like damage from a tie-down ratchet. Glad Tesla's replacing your wheel rather than just trying to refinish.

How about the USB in the glove box and the new metal scroll wheels on the steering wheel? Did you at least get any of those things?

Safe to say these are simply rolling changes. Like Forrest Gump, you never know what you are going to get. Last day with the vehicle has been a lot of fun, no buyers remorse yet.

The kids thought the acceleration was a blast, so amazing and we all sang Karaoke had had good family time.

I was looking at a used BMW XM5 or Trackhawk, not regretting this decision as of today. Enjoy!